Follow

Supergirl

Character » Supergirl appears in 3428 issues.

Kara Zor-El is Superman's cousin and last survivor of Krypton's Argo City. She has a brash and defiant personality that she developed in response to the destruction of Krypton. Currently, she's operating out of National City alongside the D.E.O.

What the Hell?DC?

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By PowerWoman

http://www.newsarama.com/19538-dc-comics-february-2014-solicitations.html

SUPERGIRL #28

Written by TONY BEDARD

Art by YILDIRAY CINAR and RAY McCARTHY

Cover by GIUSEPPE CAMUNCOLI and CAM SMITH

On sale FEBRUARY 19 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T

A RED LANTERN RING is coming to get Kara — and it will change her forever! No lie! Not an imaginary story! It’s really going to happen! “Red Daughter of Krypton” starts here!

Supergirl become red lantern,and this is FOREVER,not temporary,It's FOREVER

WHat the hell

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I dont know your guys what point for this sh*t,I just feel sucks and sooooo bad,she family,she planet is gone,and she father want to kill her,and now,"Supergirl" no more,there only have another RED LANTERN

Ok,Ok

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

1. You shouldn't leave your swear words uncensored

2. Just because they say "Forever" does not mean forever.

3. We already have a thread on this

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

I dont know your guys what point for this sh*t,I just feel sucks and sooooo bad,she family,she planet is gone,and she father want to kill her,and now,"Supergirl" no more,there only have another RED LANTERN

Ok,Ok

1. It most likely won't be forever.

2. Calm down.

3. Out of all the s*it the new 52 has done,this is what sets you off? This is the nu52....this is the crap that it does.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

@powerwoman: With the Big 2 Forever generally means about 5 issues, then everything goes back to normal.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joshmightbe: I really hope you are right,but dc just let me once again disappointed,and again,and again.I really dont know what can i said

@peppeyhare:

I'm sorry,but NOW, I'm JUST Anger,I cant,I just cant BELIVE DC DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@powerwoman said:

Ok,Ok

1. It most likely won't be forever.

2. Calm down.

3. Out of all the s*it the new 52 has done,this is what sets you off? This is the nu52....this is the crap that it does.

Ok,Ok,thanks a lot

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#7  Edited By joshmightbe
    PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joshmightbe: I dont know,I'm a BIG,BIG,BIG supergirl fans,Did you know what I think for now?I want to kill DC writer,really

Sorry,That my crazy roar

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By SanoHibiki

@powerwoman:

If I know anything about DC, that in their language “forever” lasts about 6-10 issues. I still remember in Pre-Flashpoint Universe all that “New Krypton” and “War of Supermen”. There too were big words that this will change Supes forever, but when it all ended, I didn’t see many differences.

I admeet that I understand how that all began in New-52: waking up in one day, in unknown place, with people who doesn’t speak on your language, with strange powers and meeting a big guy who says that he is your grown baby cousin and that your entire planet id destroyed. That all would enrage me too. But instead of Red Lanters, I would have preferred if DC started to rebuild Super-family (I enjoyed reading some elements of Pre-52 Clark-Kara dynamic).

@powerwoman, be strong! I sure it will end sooner or later.

ColaNicole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@powerwoman: As long as she keeps her own ongoing I don't really see the issue here. It'l give fans a bigger insight into other characters. It might not be so bad, Kara being a Red Lantern is pretty cool IMO.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@colanicole: What the XXXX...

Red lantern as supergirl?!HELL!!Please,No!!Supergirl not HULK,supergirl isnt angry warrior!Supergirl is Kryptonian,not a Red lantern!she is Female superman,she can do anything superman can do,why she must be become a red lantern?!If superman become a green lantern I'm sure Superman fans would be crush dc writer,but for supergirl that would be a happy thing?!

I'm sorry,I cant get this logic,supergirl is red lantenrn?it's just terrible

@powerwoman:

If I know anything about DC, that in their language “forever” lasts about 6-10 issues. I still remember in Pre-Flashpoint Universe all that “New Krypton” and “War of Supermen”. There too were big words that this will change Supes forever, but when it all ended, I didn’t see many differences.

I admeet that I understand how that all began in New-52: waking up in one day, in unknown place, with people who doesn’t speak on your language, with strange powers and meeting a big guy who says that he is your grown baby cousin and that your entire planet id destroyed. That all would enrage me too. But instead of Red Lanters, I would have preferred if DC started to rebuild Super-family (I enjoyed reading some elements of Pre-52 Clark-Kara dynamic).

@powerwoman, be strong! I sure it will end sooner or later.

Very thanks!

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A few years ago Mark Waid gave an interview where he was asked about the awful things DC did to Mary Marvel, basically turning her into a villain and having her fight all the DC heroes. Much like they’ve done with Supergirl. This is what he said:

PC: Mary Marvel has gone through a lot in the past few years. Do you think this is a natural progression for her character or simply a case of having her do something?

MW: Don’t get me started. A lot of what Mary’s gone through over the past decade or so has nothing to do with what’s broken or not broken about the concept, and everything to do with a bunch of creepy-ass older men working out their issues. Just thinking about it makes me want to take a Silkwood shower. It takes more imagination than most comics creators have to find something interesting about a good girl, but it’s not impossible.

Avatar image for darknightspideyfanboy
    darknightspideyfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@powerwoman:lol im cool it with until i read the 1st issue basically i been liking charlie soule redlantern is has been fun and funny yes funny they havent done anything evil under guy gardner leadership there right now trying to take down a evil empire with deathstar

Celineness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

New 52 Kara is the Macho Man Randy Savage of the DC universe.

Becoming a Red Lantern is her Macho King phase. Give it another year and she'll crumble to her lowest point, then bounce back as a hero again.

...then a bad man with a snake will attack during her wedding reception, or something >.>

Onyx_Nine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think i saw an interview with supergirl's writer. He never mentioned her as a red lantern in the future plans for her. So probably she will get the ring, have fun being a red lantern for a while. Then she will figure out that's not for her, and like the teen she is, forget about it and do something else. :)

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 140

Onyx_Nine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Onyx_Nine

Is DC 52's, anything can happen.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.