What if Kara had landed first?

#1 Posted by Shanana (52686 posts) - - Show Bio

What if Kara had landed on Earth first? Do you think she would have been quick to be a hero, or do you think she would have chose a different path? 

#2 Posted by Mercy_ (92097 posts) - - Show Bio

I think she could have very easily chosen a different path.

#3 Posted by Owen_Porter (83295 posts) - - Show Bio

I think the Kents would have had a very, very, hard time with Kara as she turned into a teenager. She would have rebelled and most likely become a villain, possibly even falling in love with Lex Luthor.

#4 Posted by Morning_Dew (3835 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't even think she would have met the Kents, I do think she would have been linked to Luthor though.

#5 Posted by superman77777 (26 posts) - - Show Bio

kara did land on the earth first but ended in supsbended animation in the lake of gothem city where batman found her i read this in one of the full comic books i have called batman and supergirl
#6 Posted by Primmaster64 (21137 posts) - - Show Bio

Batgirl and Supergirl.

#7 Posted by Jake Fury (17928 posts) - - Show Bio

We'd be discussing Superwoman right now. :)
#8 Posted by ComicMan24 (147021 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress said:
" I think she could have very easily chosen a different path. "
This.
#9 Posted by ComicMan24 (147021 posts) - - Show Bio
@superman77777 said:
" kara did land on the earth first but ended in supsbended animation in the lake of gothem city where batman found her i read this in one of the full comic books i have called batman and supergirl "
Yeah they found her in that lake but she came to Earth with that Kryptonite meteor in the previous story arc "Public Enemies" of Superman/Batman IIRC.
#10 Posted by superman77777 (26 posts) - - Show Bio

nope public enemys was created years after the comic version dc writters are just re writting the old versions into new version like geoff i heard he turned half the heroes into black lanterns 

#11 Posted by Jake Fury (17928 posts) - - Show Bio
@superman77777 said:
"nope public enemys was created years after the comic version dc writters are just re writting the old versions into new version like geoff i heard he turned half the heroes into black lanterns  "

Wow.
#12 Posted by Primmaster64 (21137 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jake Fury: What's wrong dude?
#13 Posted by Theodore (3445 posts) - - Show Bio
@ComicMan24 said:
" @superman77777 said:
" kara did land on the earth first but ended in supsbended animation in the lake of gothem city where batman found her i read this in one of the full comic books i have called batman and supergirl "
Yeah they found her in that lake but she came to Earth with that Kryptonite meteor in the previous story arc "Public Enemies" of Superman/Batman IIRC. "
correct.
#14 Posted by Sexy Merc (42065 posts) - - Show Bio

She would never be the hero Superman was off the bat.

#15 Posted by DEGRAAF (7812 posts) - - Show Bio
@superman77777:
so what was her original origin? 

I think she would have started out as a misunderstood villain that would either eventually learn the ways of the Amazons and become their new Wonder Woman or she would become Luthors pet/slave/love that does his bidding and see's the world the way he see's it.
#16 Posted by ComicMan24 (147021 posts) - - Show Bio
@superman77777: Well Public Enemies is still in continuity as far as I know and he turned dead people into black lanterns.
#17 Posted by ComicMan24 (147021 posts) - - Show Bio
@Theodore: Thanks.
#18 Posted by entropy_aegis (13655 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sexy Merc said:
"She would never be the hero Superman was off the bat. "

This
#19 Posted by Jake Fury (17928 posts) - - Show Bio
@Primmaster64:
superman7777's revisionist DC history lesson.
#20 Posted by Shanana (52686 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought she landed on a meteorite in suspended Animation and then crashed in Gotham, thus kicking off the events of batman Superman.' 

This current Kara anyway

#21 Posted by Band Lone (1789 posts) - - Show Bio

She'd probably hide and go into phychotic breakdown of emoness crying because she's different.. Then she would try to slit her own wrist but the razors don't work.. Which makes her cry even more.. O_o  

She's probably ended up a villain

#22 Posted by PrinceIMC (5421 posts) - - Show Bio

I think she would have tried to stay out of things and raise her baby cousin Kal. I could see it like the graphic novel 'The Nail' where they try not to get involved in the world's problems.
#23 Posted by superman77777 (26 posts) - - Show Bio

will in one of my comics kara was supposed to  arrive to earth when kal-el was a baby and kill him and in a alternet earth kara was supposed to raise kal-el as a kryptonian instead of him being raised by the kents which in smallville its stupid they kill johnathan off becuase in the cartoon and comic johnathan and martha grew old together when clark became superman and kara would call johnathan and martha pa and ma kent and another thing i now hate is that they kill lex off and have millions of clones of him now a new lex clone with a full set of hair and hes a teenager clone and now i hear that zods clone might return at the end of season 10 becuase he might kill clark instead of darkseids cheap battle a few months ago plus i think smallville will end next month becuase on imdb all the episodes dont go padt febuary  and as for kara it was dumb that they didint give her the actuel suit and call her supergirl instead of ubergirl they had lois call kara

#24 Posted by KRYPTON (1886 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Supergirl would've become a hero without the help of her cousin. However, I do like the ideal of what would happen if Kara landed first? Good job on that!

#25 Posted by Mercy_ (92097 posts) - - Show Bio
@ComicMan24 said:
" @superman77777 said:
Yeah they found her in that lake but she came to Earth with that Kryptonite meteor in the previous story arc "Public Enemies" of Superman/Batman IIRC. "
That's accurate
#26 Posted by Valtot (4502 posts) - - Show Bio

kara would go down the path of a villain very easily if clark hadnt guided her

#27 Posted by ComicMan24 (147021 posts) - - Show Bio

Always depending on who will find her, she could have easily become a villain.

#28 Posted by Mercy_ (92097 posts) - - Show Bio

I think even if the Kents had found her she had a pretty good chance of becoming a villain. People have to remember that she was already a teenager, she wasn't a baby or even a young child. She already had values and teachings instilled and although it was later retconned (I believe in preparation for New Krypton) her original intent was to kill Kal-El. So yes, it would have been very easy for her to become a villain. Heck she was completely out of her mind when she emerged from Gotham Bay. She was naked except for a trenchcoat that she had found and was speaking only Kryptonian. There's ever possibility that if the Kents had found her in that state she would have killed them.

#29 Posted by ComicMan24 (147021 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress said:
" I think even if the Kents had found her she had a pretty good chance of becoming a villain. People have to remember that she was already a teenager, she wasn't a baby or even a young child. She already had values and teachings instilled and although it was later retconned (I believe in preparation for New Krypton) her original intent was to kill Kal-El. So yes, it would have been very easy for her to become a villain. Heck she was completely out of her mind when she emerged from Gotham Bay. She was naked except for a trenchcoat that she had found and was speaking only Kryptonian. There's ever possibility that if the Kents had found her in that state she would have killed them. "
Well said.
#30 Posted by Mercy_ (92097 posts) - - Show Bio
@ComicMan24 Thank you. In case people couldn't tell already, Kara is one of my top five favorite characters.
#31 Posted by ComicMan24 (147021 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress: I like her quite a lot too. The arc where they found her was one of the first I ever read.
#32 Posted by Mercy_ (92097 posts) - - Show Bio
@ComicMan24 Other than the 2003 volume of Outsiders and some Teen Titans stuff, Superman/Batman: Supergirl is the first DC stuff I read. I own every trade featuring this version of Kara.
#33 Posted by ComicMan24 (147021 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress: Nice.
#34 Posted by Mercy_ (92097 posts) - - Show Bio
@ComicMan24 ^_^ Like I said, she's one o my favorites.
#35 Posted by Mercy_ (92097 posts) - - Show Bio

YES! One of the top posters now. ^_^

#36 Posted by superman77777 (26 posts) - - Show Bio

does anyone think oliver queen and kara would date after she leaves the 31st century when the legion fired her for being to old and when she dumbs brainiac 5
#37 Posted by Mercy_ (92097 posts) - - Show Bio
@superman77777 said:
" does anyone think oliver queen and kara would date after she leaves the 31st century when the legion fired her for being to old and when she dumbs brainiac 5 "
No. 
#38 Posted by Valtot (4502 posts) - - Show Bio

wait there was a elsewhere story done on this on if kal-el died in the explosion but finds out later hes alive but shes already a superhero
#39 Posted by #1 (423 posts) - - Show Bio

Really?

#40 Edited by Jake Fury (17928 posts) - - Show Bio

Still the most beautiful movie superhero of all times...IMHO.
#41 Posted by Shanana (52686 posts) - - Show Bio

O_o

#42 Posted by 04nbod (174 posts) - - Show Bio

I can quote 2 times we were shown she would probably be a bigger hero than she is now. Trinity and Supergirl/Batgirl: Elseworld's finest

#43 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

Doomsday would've killed her instead...wait I like this idea.

#44 Posted by entropy_aegis (13655 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jake Fury:
You know she actually voiced talia al ghul in BTAS and that was one Sexy voice i must say.
#45 Posted by Shanana (52686 posts) - - Show Bio
@04nbod said:
 Supergirl/Batgirl: Elseworld's finest "
That comic was so fricken Epic
#46 Posted by AmazingWebHead (997 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice to know I'm not the only one who was curious.

• Growing up would probably be harder. But I think both Ma & Pa Kent's love and knowing she had to look after little Kal would keep her on the right path
  • I think she would basically become the Superman of that timeline
  • Kara and Lex Luthor would have a very "Batman/Catwoman"-esque relationship
  • Just imagine how forming the Justice League would go...
  • When Kal got a little older, maybe he's become her sidekick
#47 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (11757 posts) - - Show Bio

@mercy_: this. poor thing was so messed up. on the other hand, i could see Martian Manhunter adopting or at least keeping an eye out for her like he did with Kal.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.