Follow

Supergirl

Character » Supergirl appears in 3428 issues.

Kara Zor-El is Superman's cousin and last survivor of Krypton's Argo City. She has a brash and defiant personality that she developed in response to the destruction of Krypton. Currently, she's operating out of National City alongside the D.E.O.

Trashy?

mighty dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By mighty dude

Is Supergirl a bad role model? She wears very reveling clothes, has been shown to smoke,  I mean, how old is she anyway?

Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Nova`Prime`

The real question is can she?

And she's technically older then Superman.

Aronmorales

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Aronmorales

Supergirl smokes?
    well that's not a very good image...

as for her outfit, it's still a skirt 'n' shirt right?

Calvin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Calvin
    @mighty dude:

Depends who's writining and who's drawing. IF you actually read the series you'll see she have been a very good role model to girls in particular but teenagers in general.

Also I would never defend smoking but she only try it. She said it was gross and didn't like it, even thought she can't get cancer!! - I think the  writer was actually making her an example, because if she said smoking was gross without trying it kids would say she's doesn't know what she's speaking about.

Anyway she was just in a "bad writer phase", she's done worse, other Heroes have done worse.

It's sad but a lot of our beloved characters can get "trashy" reputation because of bad writers....
    Aronmorales

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Aronmorales

Bad writers suck.
    and that's terrible.

mighty dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By mighty dude

I think i remember reading a comic where she  and Powerboy have ...um...you know, i thought she was like 15.

goosehorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By goosehorn

on krypton she is older than seperman but i think on earth she appears to only be 15

Kastiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Kastiel
    @mighty dude said:
    "

I think i remember reading a comic where she  and Powerboy have ...um...you know, i thought she was like 15.

"

I still have no idea why she did that. It was not hard to realize that Powerboy was clearly obsessed and mental over her.
    Calvin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Calvin
    @mighty dude: What issue was that? I only recall seeing her kiss him. Powerboy was obessed with Supergirl and he hit her, he became violent and then put her on handcuffs. Then she broke free and beat the hell what of him. It was suposte to be something like to make Supergirl an example becasue she didn't let him pushing around or didn't even made excuses for him. You know what I mean? I still think it could have been better written, as well, but again it was good intentioned. 

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

mighty dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By mighty dude

I see.

Aronmorales

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Aronmorales

premarital sex for a super hero = VERY bad role model.

Kastiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Kastiel
    @mighty dude said:
    "@Kastiel: So she did with him its not my imagination.lol "

I don't think she did, a few kisses here and there, but nothing that far. Supergirl has class.
    Calvin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Calvin
    @Kastiel said:
    " @mighty dude said:
    "

"
    I still have no idea why she did that. It was not hard to realize that Powerboy was clearly obsessed and mental over her. "
    You didn't need supervision to see that. I hated Powerboy! I had a bad feeling about him since day one. Hey listen to the lyrics ofthis music. Doesn't it have Supergirl all over it?
    Kastiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Kastiel
    @Calvin said:
    "@Kastiel said:
    " @mighty dude said:
    "

"
    I still have no idea why she did that. It was not hard to realize that Powerboy was clearly obsessed and mental over her. "
    You didn't need supervision to see that. I hated Powerboy! I had a bad feeling about him since day one. Hey listen to the lyrics ofthis music. Doesn't it have Supergirl all over it? "

The "Pretty Girl" song was on point about what happen between Powerboy and Supergirl, but does anyone know what he is doing now.
    Webstad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Webstad

Trashy girls are hot... O_o   Why does every hero have to be a role model? What's wrong with having Diana as a role model for the goody-goody type? Kara's a relatable figure for the REAL world, working class girls who grow up around smokers, tattoos, Harley-Davidsons, et al. So let's leave it at that hey? Most girls I know have lost their virginity at around 14 or 15, which seems to be the norm these days (and who's to say that didn't happen in previous generations...I'd like to argue that they were no different). However, I do get why the writers did what they did. To put Kara through some of the things that kids normally get peer-pressured into, and make the right choices to get through them, would hopefully send the right message to readers.

Kastiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Kastiel
    @Webstad said:
     Most girls I know have lost their virginity at around 14 or 15,

You are around the wrong kind of people. Shame on you.
    Webstad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Webstad
    @Kastiel said:
    " @Webstad said:
    You are around the wrong kind of people. Shame on you. "
    Says you. Who are you to judge who I hang around? I come from a rougher background, so I tend to gravitate to that sort of people. Besides, goody-goody people drive me up the wall. Just like the songs go: "You don't drink, don't smoke; what do you do?"  and "I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints...the sinners are much more fun." Bonus points if you can tell me who sings those songs...lol
    Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Nova`Prime`
    @goosehorn said:
    " on krypton she is older than seperman but i think on earth she appears to only be 15 "
    Doesn't matter what age she is on earth, she is technically still older then Superman. Its not like she came from the past into the present she was in a kind of hibernation when she was launched from krypton. So if she wants to act like a grown woman but looks underage let her. After all don't most women try to look younger then they really are, so what she has a natural advantage.

Also she definately doesn't have the body of a 15 year old, its more like an early 20 something super model.
    Kastiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Kastiel
    @Webstad said:
    "@Kastiel said:
    " @Webstad said:
    Says you. Who are you to judge who I hang around? I come from a rougher background, so I tend to gravitate to that sort of people. Besides, goody-goody people drive me up the wall. Just like the songs go: "You don't drink, don't smoke; what do you do?"  and "I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints...the sinners are much more fun." Bonus points if you can tell me who sings those songs...lol"

Not my cup of tea on those songs, but I guess Adam Ant and Joe Billy.
    mighty dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By mighty dude

Wierd , i must have gotten it confused with something else.

Calvin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Calvin
    @Webstad said:
    " @Kastiel said:
    " @Webstad said:
    Says you. Who are you to judge who I hang around? I come from a rougher background, so I tend to gravitate to that sort of people. Besides, goody-goody people drive me up the wall. Just like the songs go: "You don't drink, don't smoke; what do you do?"  and "I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints...the sinners are much more fun." Bonus points if you can tell me who sings those songs...lol "
    And who are you to judge a "goody-goody" person? I'm sick of getting that "don't judge me" speech while saying my life style is boring. Sure life would be great if we all imitate you.
    G'bandit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By G'bandit
    @Calvin said:
    " @mighty dude: What issue was that? I only recall seeing her kiss him. Powerboy was obessed with Supergirl and he hit her, he became violent and then put her on handcuffs. Then she broke free and beat the hell what of him. It was suposte to be something like to make Supergirl an example becasue she didn't let him pushing around or didn't even made excuses for him. You know what I mean? I still think it could have been better written, as well, but again it was good intentioned. 

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
    "
    She should of burn off captain winky just for the heck of it :P

iLLituracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By iLLituracy
    @Kastiel said:
    " @Calvin said:
    "@Kastiel said:
    " @mighty dude said:
    "

"
    You didn't need supervision to see that. I hated Powerboy! I had a bad feeling about him since day one. Hey listen to the lyrics ofthis music. Doesn't it have Supergirl all over it? "
    The "Pretty Girl" song was on point about what happen between Powerboy and Supergirl, but does anyone know what he is doing now. "
    Powerboy died in the Titans East Special.
    The Englander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By The Englander
    @iLLituracy said:
    " @Kastiel said:
    " @Calvin said:
    "@Kastiel said:
    " @mighty dude said:
    "

"
    The "Pretty Girl" song was on point about what happen between Powerboy and Supergirl, but does anyone know what he is doing now. "
    Powerboy died in the Titans East Special. "

No Caption Provided

cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#25  Edited By cascadeking09
    @goosehorn: shes the same age on krypton as she is on earth. she was frozen and when she got out she still the same age, i thought she was 17 though.
    cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#26  Edited By cascadeking09
    @goosehorn: shes the same age on krypton as she is on earth. she was frozen and when she got out she still the same age, i thought she was 17 though.
    SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#27  Edited By SUNMAN
    @mighty dude said:
    "

Is Supergirl a bad role model? She wears very reveling clothes, has been shown to smoke,  I mean, how old is she anyway?

"
    so Look at Brittney Spears. At least supergirl saves people. The bar has been set pretty low.
    Kastiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Kastiel
    @SUNMAN said:
    "@mighty dude said:
    "

"
    so Look at Brittney Spears. At least supergirl saves people. The bar has been set pretty low.
    "

Look at Amy Winehouse, not Brittney she's doing very well for herself now.
    SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By SUNMAN
    @Kastiel said:
    " @SUNMAN said:
    "@mighty dude said:
    "

"
    "
    Look at Amy Winehouse, not Brittney she's doing very well for herself now. "
    good point
    jointron33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

@calvin: Her skirt is like falling off of her vagina

bloggerboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think there's been a tendency to write every incarnation of Supergirl after Post-Crisis to be more or less a bad girl. Or at least someone who does rash decisions because of her youth and inexperience. The latest example is what went down in H'el on Earth. Call it realistic or bad writing, I think it's become part of the character now.

To be honest I think Power Girl makes a much better role model to girls and women alike.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks for god,the powerboy isnt normal man,you know, if he was normal man,supergirl would be...oh god..i cant think about

Awar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Awar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kastiel: No that was Superboy and WonderGirl not Powerboy and Supergirl!

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
    amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

#35  Edited By amazing_webhead

Why does everyone have to be a role model? Especially since comics aren't for kids anymore. Iron Man is always drunk off his ass and killed a room full of thugs because they broke a kid's watch, but everyone still loves him.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.