Supergirl's short shorts XD (Kara's current look, good or bad?)

#1 Posted by Sinestro2828 (1529 posts) - - Show Bio

What do you guys think of the decision to have Supergirl wearing shorts under her skirt these days?  A good change or a bad fashion statement?  An unnecessary act of censorship and prudishness?  A welcome change?

#2 Edited by mighty dude (405 posts) - - Show Bio

I like them alot! They serve a purpose. I like that she is a superheroine who isn't flying around with everything out for everyone to see. Go Kara! I really hope they keep it. 
#3 Posted by darkrein (352 posts) - - Show Bio

Do you have scans?

#4 Posted by Y intercept (1435 posts) - - Show Bio

I like it. Look at how some of the other artist drew her, she looks older.

The current SG looks so young, that the shorts (To me) serve as a sensor

see? older

Younger
#5 Posted by darkrein (352 posts) - - Show Bio

0_0 ^^^^ (me trying to look up)

#6 Posted by Calvin (3479 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sinestro2828: Yes, let's the characters have some dignity. I means she's always flying around in skirts, after all....

@darkrein:

#7 Posted by ComicMan24 (147049 posts) - - Show Bio

I prefer with the shorts.

#8 Posted by WW-Fan (2728 posts) - - Show Bio

wow yes i really like it! it gives her a little respect too i think
#9 Posted by The Sadhu (848 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the new look.
#10 Posted by johnny_spam (2020 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't get them if it bothered the writer then he could just say don't show up skirt shots I mean girls in real life just wear skirts and it's fine if the artist wanted he could stretch the skirt or not show her legs it's to much thought put in something not that big a deal.

#11 Posted by WW-Fan (2728 posts) - - Show Bio

i actully think they should drop the skirt and just have it a shorts :)
#12 Edited by DEGRAAF (7918 posts) - - Show Bio
   @Calvin said:
"

"

I dont mind them in these pics. I think they are a god idea. I also like when she looks older and it just shows the thong straps peekin out on her hips right above the skirt but as stated its not practical when she flies. 
#13 Posted by No_Name_ (12593 posts) - - Show Bio

YAY for practicality!

#14 Posted by Tank. (2052 posts) - - Show Bio
@WW-Fan said:
" wow yes i really like it! it gives her a little respect too i think "
#15 Posted by Duncan (11445 posts) - - Show Bio

The skirt now looks kinda silly.

#16 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio

Makes sense. It's more practical for the character, and it's probably less of a hassle for artists who have to draw her skirt line. I like it.

#17 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio

it's more realistic, cheerleaders wear the same thing, it's the sexiness of a skirt + the modesty of shorts

#18 Posted by darkwolverineUSMC (310 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, I think it's more acceptable. I mean, she is intended to be a younge character,( according to what artist draws her, cause sometimes, she don't look so younge and innocent), so, pervo no show!

#19 Posted by DEGRAAF (7918 posts) - - Show Bio

she is supposed to be older then Conner Kent (Superboy) right? I thought she was supposed to be between 18-20.

#20 Posted by Dark Walker (477 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it's fine, better than flying around letting all the world see her panties up her skirt.  What kind of self respecting girl who wore a skirt as part of her uniform would go flying around wearing a thong under it. 

#21 Posted by EisforExtinction (1863 posts) - - Show Bio
@aztek the lost said:
" it's more realistic, cheerleaders wear the same thing, it's the sexiness of a skirt + the modesty of shorts "
I know that's what I look for when I'm buying a skirt.
#22 Posted by Shanana (53459 posts) - - Show Bio

LOL If i was a parent I'd be a lot more encouraging to my daughter dressing as SG with the shorts lol

#23 Posted by the referee (2523 posts) - - Show Bio

#24 Posted by AlwaysBeClothing (181 posts) - - Show Bio
@Korg:  
They can draw some different poses or set up shots differently without censoring themselves in an obvious way. 

Shorts get a plus in my book.
#25 Posted by DEGRAAF (7918 posts) - - Show Bio
@the referee said:
"

"

see, i always kinda liked the liatard with the skirt. I like the mid drift version also but i think this one seems more hero like and keeps her from wearing a thong or shorts
#26 Posted by Calvin (3479 posts) - - Show Bio
@johnny spam said:
" I don't get them if it bothered the writer then he could just say don't show up skirt shots I mean girls in real life just wear skirts and it's fine if the artist wanted he could stretch the skirt or not show her legs it's to much thought put in something not that big a deal. "
Girls in real life don't fly!!!
#27 Posted by johnny_spam (2020 posts) - - Show Bio
@Calvin: @Calvin said:
" @johnny spam said:
" I don't get them if it bothered the writer then he could just say don't show up skirt shots I mean girls in real life just wear skirts and it's fine if the artist wanted he could stretch the skirt or not show her legs it's to much thought put in something not that big a deal. "
Girls in real life don't fly!!! "
That can't be a real argument I can argue that Supergirl is not real so we can exploit her all we want. Really it's the artist he can be told not to show upshots of her and the problem is solved. 
#28 Posted by MrDirector786 (43647 posts) - - Show Bio

Better because before people who saw under the skirt... yeah...

#29 Posted by budonkadonk (64 posts) - - Show Bio

Hey, it looks much better than when they were coloring them same blue as her skirt.  No real issues here.

#30 Posted by Eyz (3042 posts) - - Show Bio

Hey! I didn't know about that! XD
It actually looks better, more practical!

#31 Posted by JesseDemonic (22 posts) - - Show Bio

NO! Thats wrong! This is wrong! She should have cotton white panbties or just go flat out camando!
#32 Posted by Rowen545 (378 posts) - - Show Bio

This is good, maybe move to just shorts or pants in the future. Also, maybe some of the other female costumes will change in the future.

#33 Posted by N7_Normandy (2411 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Sadhu said:
" I like the new look. "
#34 Posted by Hi I'm New (298 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm glad they kept the skirt(something about it gives her this freeing/innocence thing) but I think the shorts are a smart and good addition.

#35 Posted by Aheld92 (100 posts) - - Show Bio

i think the shorts look silly, if they want to censor it, make her wear pants

#36 Posted by War Killer (20292 posts) - - Show Bio
@WW-Fan said:
" wow yes i really like it! it gives her a little respect too i think "
#37 Posted by DEGRAAF (7918 posts) - - Show Bio
@MrDirector786 said:
"Better because before people who saw under the skirt... yeah... "

before when they would show up the skirt it would just go in to black darkness i cant think of a time in comics when you could see up her skirt and actually see anything
#38 Posted by sputnik (209 posts) - - Show Bio

sg rocks the skirts!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.