Follow

Supergirl

Character » Supergirl appears in 3428 issues.

Kara Zor-El is Superman's cousin and last survivor of Krypton's Argo City. She has a brash and defiant personality that she developed in response to the destruction of Krypton. Currently, she's operating out of National City alongside the D.E.O.

Supergirl Vs Supergirl

Avatar image for the_wind_dancer
    The_Wind_Dancer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Supergirl has gone through some pretty dramatic changes in the New 52, and i personally don't like all of them, but i want to know who else preferred the pre New 52 Supergirl.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Vs

PowerWoman123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pre-crisis supergirl was best....

Awar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Awar

The Pre-52 Supergirl/Kara Zor-El was sweeter, kinder, smarter and more open minded and so on while still being rough, tough and powerful!

I like the 2004 version created by Peter Steigerwald, Michael Turner & Jeph Loeb the best!

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@awar said:

The Pre-52 Supergirl/Kara Zor-El was sweeter, kinder, smarter and more open minded and so on while still being rough, tough and powerful!

I like the 2004 version created by Peter Steigerwald, Michael Turner & Jeph Loeb the best!

Yes,Pre-crisis supergirl is most of strongest girl,she as strong as superman

And I'm like her mould,she is best of supergirl for me,though Jeph Loeb's supergirl is great too

Awar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Awar
    PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@awar: lol,I think I'm more love Pre-crisis supergirl because Post-crisis supergirl is weaker than superman a bit,I dont like it,I'm sick superman should be stronger because he was man,bigger muselc or something

Bronze_Surfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@powerwoman: I think it's more to do with him being their main star than him being a man. Although his sex probably does have some influence I still think is star status keeps him as one of the strongest.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bronze_surfer: Post-crisis supergirl has more sunlight than superman....

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

And, Yellow sunlight works faster on Kara than on Clark, suggesting her system is more efficient at processing sunlight than his.

Bronze_Surfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@powerwoman: When did I mention sun light? I did on the other thread but not here. Also since he as actualy been inside the sun and had actual sunlight not artificial it could be asumed it was better. And again he is their main star.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bronze_surfer: In fact, I still think superman is stronger than supergirl because superman fans cant accepted,then DC just changed it

I have a point can prove supergirl at least as strong as superman,but superman fans just Insults and attacks to me

Bronze_Surfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@powerwoman: Supergirl should be on equal in terms of strength with her cousin. Hell Power Girl is stronger than him. But he is more skiled so he should beat her in fights.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By PowerWoman

@powerwoman: Supergirl should be on equal in terms of strength with her cousin. Hell Power Girl is stronger than him. But he is more skiled so he should beat her in fights.

This!

Awar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In the original (2004) time line she had years of absorbing artificial yellow sunlight from the ship itself while she was unconscious making her more powerful to being with & because she was younger she produces more energy in a shorter time span but burns it up (uses it up) quicker than full adults do!

In real life when your younger you have more (a larger store) of short term power but less stamina (This is a natural defence mechanism to escape danger!) as you get older for most people that changes so they can run (not as fast as youths!), walk or fight but for longer periods of time!

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@awar: Yes

Eath gravety is far weaker then that of Krypton. Gravity = .03 Krypton Standard.

No Caption Provided

superman grow up on Earth so his body adept to earth gravity.Kara grew up on krypton.

No Caption Provided

So what mean?If a 100Ibs thing on the Krypton would be 3000Ibs,

which mean,even no powerm,kara would be very strong on earth,but superman not,when superman no power,he just like our human,"normal" strength

Supergirl also have more solar energy than superman

No Caption Provided

Yellow sunlight works faster on Kara than on Clark, suggesting her system is more efficient at processing sunlight than his.

No Caption Provided

So,Supergirl must be stronger than superman,at least she is stronger than superman in her original

but very obvious,DC changed it

that not a news,back in the Pre-crisis,1968s,DC changed Kryptonian physical concept,superman would be stronger than supergirl,like our,man stronger than woman,of course,1968s before isnt have this concept,this is sexism times,if you check 1968s,same time DC take wonder woman super-power too

CHUCKY47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By CHUCKY47

Supergirl wins

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@awar: And,someone would be say superman is stronger because superman has more feats

but they are forgot one thing,In the DC universe,there has a lot of real powerful charater isnt has great strength feats,here line:

Darkseid

Orion

Black adam

Shazam

Doomsday

Zod

Lobo

See?If we are only use feats to prove a charater,wonder woman could be one shotted Darkseid or doomsday,because both isnt have great strength feats like moving earth,but no one could belive wonder woman far stronger than doomsday,why?

It is very simple.,No matter how much she has solid evidence, or even if she has great feats,there still have someone dont belive supergirl is powerful,they are has sexism,man always stronger than woman,Male hero always better than female hero

think about,if superman cant lift 1 tons,people would be say DC is sucks,they are let superman is weaker,but if supergirl cant lift 1 tons,people would be say,yeah,supergirl is real weak,Few people will complain supergirl is too weak,most of them just think as it should be weak

This is the subconscious of our society, the male-dominated world, even though weall know that comics are despised physical, but the reader (or even some authors)still think superman stronger than supergirl is very fair and writer just creater some plot let superman stronger than supergirl has a reason,like superman has more solar energy,more skills,etc,but the real reason is just because man stronger than woman is our reality ,if our reality,woman is stronger than man,I'm sure,writer would be creater a lot of reason let supergirl stronger than superman,and supergirl would be has more feats

Said it may be a bit pedantic,but "superman must be stronger than supergirl" reality is that we are closely related, is the projection of our society

jointron33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

New 52 version is cute

Loeb version is trashy and trampish

ScarletWench

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pre-Crisis Supergirl forever!

Awar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@powerwoman: Please remember though strength is about more than brute force! =)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.