Supergirl Respect Thread

• 71 results
#51 Posted by Legacy_ (10254 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm confused by this whole Kara will fall in love with Braniac 5 in the future thing...can someone explain.  I'm interested in Kara but I don't wanna jump on the book and be totally confused

#52 Posted by Shanana (52804 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not sure about it myself, but i know i don't like where it's going!

#53 Posted by Shanana (52804 posts) - - Show Bio

Apparently in Braniac 5's timeline he and Kara are in love, but when She returned to her own time line Saturn girl blocked her memories so she wouldn't remember anything. So he's been being a dick to her for no reason so she doesn't remember the future.

#54 Posted by velle37 (6041 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sha said:
"

"

Kara....... is soooooooooooooooo sexy.
#55 Posted by dementedtheclown (747 posts) - - Show Bio

Agreed

#56 Posted by Ellesar (5 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sha said:
"
 Flies through the moon

"

I know I'm HELLA late to this thread, but what is this from :)? 

Also, greetiongs fellow SG lovers ^^. I dont mean loves like that though >.>....Anyways, Im new to SG, but shes actually inspired a book im working on :). Although I have yet to actually buy a copy, I still have a few cbr's, *wink wink*.
#57 Posted by RedK (2521 posts) - - Show Bio
@Ellesar:  it's from the legion of superheroes, but this legion is from the future of earth prime.
#58 Edited by Ellesar (5 posts) - - Show Bio
@RedK:  Ah thank you :). Got the CBR now too, and read it. Kinda confused. Was it really Kara that tore through those planets o.O? Or the dominator? If it was the dominator then why the hell is it here XD?

EDIT: Nevermind, just noted she was flying at top speed trying to catch it she says XD. Although I like the destruction she caused en route ;).
#59 Posted by Shanana (52804 posts) - - Show Bio

Bumped

#60 Posted by Shanana (52804 posts) - - Show Bio
@Ellesar said:
" @Sha said:
"
 Flies through the moon

"

I know I'm HELLA late to this thread, but what is this from :)?   Also, greetiongs fellow SG lovers ^^. I dont mean loves like that though >.>....Anyways, Im new to SG, but shes actually inspired a book im working on :). Although I have yet to actually buy a copy, I still have a few cbr's, *wink wink*. "
I'll have to find it for you.

P.S I'm going to virtually smack whomever keeps changing her picture...
#61 Posted by davidkenneth (443 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sha:
I wish I could answer your question but I also hate who ever keeps changing her picture.
#62 Posted by berfel (19 posts) - - Show Bio

Late to the party, as usual.

Silver Age Supergirl's ghost (yes, she's already died in Crisis here) explains to Deadman why a hero does what they do.  I know it's (1) old and (2) not particularly cool by today's standards, but this moment always struck home for me, I think because the "no one remember we everexisted" line also refers to her.  

Plus, Giordano could really draw a gorgeous Kara!
#63 Posted by ozeol (500 posts) - - Show Bio

Supergirl seems to have gone Super saiyan in that first pic lol

#64 Posted by ultimatewarrior123 (1374 posts) - - Show Bio

Faster than superman:

#65 Posted by B'Town (2336 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sha: I picked Supergirl up at #50 and am now a full blown Supergirl fan.  My question is for other Supergirl fans old and young a like, what age do you think the youngest Supergirl reader should be?

I have been getting my niece and nephew involved in comics.  So, far I have sent them oodles of Tiny Titans and Power Pack books.  (I have also tentatively, decided I am going to send my niece my Batgirl collection.)  

I have been looking at some of the other series I pull and am trying to decide whether or not my mom and brother would kill me if I sent them to the kids.  I have discovered most of my books are not age appropriate for a 10 yr old girl or a 7 yr old boy.  

I know there is the T+ on the Supergirl cover but I am thinking, heck with that, it is a great book and my niece would love it.  

My question for other Supergirl fans; what starting age would be your recommendation for reading this Supergirl series?  
#66 Posted by FanOdaSuperman (4 posts) - - Show Bio

I've seen this everywhere and so I'm spreading it.  Love this cover! Also liking the snow picture recently released.

#67 Posted by Destroya91 (12 posts) - - Show Bio

The first year and a half of my Army career, people were treating me unfairly, never bothering to get to know me and casting their judgments. I was fighting through their negativity, pulling myself up after every knockdown. I've had my own villains to face and have become a stronger person from this experience.  
  Supergirl has had a rough and jagged start to heroism, having to step out of her cousin Kal's massive shadow and prove herself countless times. She is the sort of character any beaten down teenager or young adult can look up to and know that in this hard world (or parallel universe) there is someone else who feels exactly the way they do. She's a fighter and will mature into a powerful woman. I will always look up to Supergirl, she gives me a surge of morale that'll keep me going through my four month operational tour in October.  

(Yeah I know she's powerful already, but it's who she'll become as an individual. Fingers crossed she becomes a kick arse villain :D)

#68 Posted by majestic99 (8638 posts) - - Show Bio

@MrDirector786: Nice scans. Supergirl is a cool character.

#69 Posted by Jadoz_el86 (1 posts) - - Show Bio

Supergirl (Kara Zor-El),has to be my favorite heroine! Her strength and abilites mask and may even emulate that of Kal's, her teenage innocence in a world never known to her until until she landed on earth, and especially her great prowess and fearlesness, there's nothing to not love about her! And her beauty is another plus for me

#70 Posted by termiteone4ever (6985 posts) - - Show Bio

Very nice thread

#71 Posted by Shanana (52804 posts) - - Show Bio

Someone bring me up to speed please ^_^

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.