Supergirl Respect Thread

• 71 results
#1 Posted by Shanana (53023 posts) - - Show Bio

Let your everlasting Love show for Kara Zor El!    
  • Despite living in the Shadow or her cousin Kal, Kara continues to have a flourishing on going series, even in the midst of the recession! Wish i could say the same for, Manhunter, Birds of prey, She-hulk, Spider-girl and others!
#2 Posted by strug3 (21 posts) - - Show Bio

who's the artist?

#3 Posted by Vance Astro (91191 posts) - - Show Bio
@strug3 said:
" who's the artist? "
I don't like the art one bit.
#4 Posted by Vance Astro (91191 posts) - - Show Bio

But I love Supergirl.

#5 Posted by Legacy_ (10520 posts) - - Show Bio

Supergirl is cute in her new secret identity 

@Sha: Is Kara Zor-El the same as Power Girl?

#6 Posted by Dreadmaster (16778 posts) - - Show Bio

I love Supergirl

#7 Posted by Shanana (53023 posts) - - Show Bio
@Closure said:
" Supergirl is cute in her new secret identity  @Sha: Is Kara Zor-El the same as Power Girl? "
Power Girl is Kara Zor El, from earth II, so in a way they are the same person. But Kara (SG) is Stronger than Karen (PG)
#8 Posted by ~The Wanderer~ (34405 posts) - - Show Bio

Didn't like Kara in the Legion, but she's been growing on me since Superman: Brainiac !:D

#9 Posted by Calvin (3479 posts) - - Show Bio

One of my favorite characters.  

Anyone have favorite plots or issues?

#10 Posted by Shanana (53023 posts) - - Show Bio

I loved when she joined Darksied. That and her stint in the Teen titans

#11 Posted by 04nbod (174 posts) - - Show Bio
@strug3: Ale Garza. I love his Supergirl. She's so spunky and cool. In particular when he drew her in the infinite holiday special

I love Kara Zor-El, she's my favourite. 
Pre-Crisis, I love her and Brainiac 5. So sweet. I don't think many people know pre crisis kara. People go from Silver Age super-cousin to sacrifice to save the multiverse and see nothing in between. Who can blame them though, DC doesn't trade Adventure Supergirl or daring new adventures supergirl.I love that pre crisis kara was flirty and smart.
Post crisis, I love the fact she's the trinity child. I want to see more of her with Diana and Bruce(when he gets back). I love her be she under Kelly's pen of Gates' pen. they are all supergirl and all amazing. 

I don't like Power Girl, the whole concept of her. There is nothing about Power Girl that is Girl Power.
#12 Posted by Shanana (53023 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Power girl for the simple fact that you can still kinda see Kara in her, but she's mature none the less.

#13 Posted by Calvin (3479 posts) - - Show Bio

I loved when she was trying to cure the cancer.

#14 Edited by MrDirector786 (43493 posts) - - Show Bio

Supergirl rules. She's one of my ten favorite DC comics heroes. (sixth to be exact)

Also, here are some of her feats.

Vibrating herself invisible.

Here, she made it look like she shot someone by going really fast and flicking them in the head, knocking them out, then using heat vision on the gun to make it look like she fired it.

Shrugging off a nuke.

#15 Posted by robbiesol (474 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sha said:
"
  • Despite living in the Shadow or her cousin Kal, Kara continues to have a flourishing on going series, even in the midst of the recession! Wish i could say the same for, Manhunter, Birds of prey, She-hulk, Spider-girl and others!
"

She used a double negative.   

Supergirl is cool.
#16 Posted by Legacy_ (10520 posts) - - Show Bio

#17 Posted by Calvin (3479 posts) - - Show Bio
@Closure said:
"

"
Is Kara going to crossover with Catwoman in some issue?
#18 Posted by Legacy_ (10520 posts) - - Show Bio
@Calvin said:
" @Closure said:
"

"
Is Kara going to crossover with Catwoman in some issue? "

I believe Wednesday Comics....
#19 Posted by Shanana (53023 posts) - - Show Bio

Flies through the moon

#20 Edited by Ryonslaught (1247 posts) - - Show Bio
@MrDirector786 said:

" Supergirl rules. She's one of my ten favorite DC comics heroes. (sixth to be exact)

Also, here are some of her feats.

Vibrating herself invisible.

Here, she made it look like she shot someone by going really fast and flicking them in the head, knocking them out, then using heat vision on the gun to make it look like she fired it.

Man i miss this art and the badass respectable Kara that came along with it......
Anyway ON WITH THE RESPECT!!!

Supergirl vs Superman!

Supergirl vs Superboy!

If you guys like i may post some more...;)
#21 Posted by CellphoneGirl (18847 posts) - - Show Bio

I love Kara!! :D

#22 Posted by Shanana (53023 posts) - - Show Bio

I haven't picked up an issue in a while. Updates!

#23 Posted by Son_of_Magnus (15258 posts) - - Show Bio

She is cool Power Girl is the better Supergirl =]

#24 Posted by Shanana (53023 posts) - - Show Bio

How can powergirl be the better Supergirl if

PG is PG and SG is SG =]

chinese riddle for ya

#25 Posted by Son_of_Magnus (15258 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sha said:
" How can powergirl be the better Supergirl if  PG is PG and SG is SG =]  chinese riddle for ya "
She was Supergirl from Earth 2 that grew up and took her own Identity
#26 Posted by Shanana (53023 posts) - - Show Bio
@Son_of_Magnus said:
" @Sha said:
" How can powergirl be the better Supergirl if  PG is PG and SG is SG =]  chinese riddle for ya "
She was Supergirl from Earth 2 that grew up and took her own Identity "
-_- Pinches SOM
#27 Posted by Son_of_Magnus (15258 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sha said:
" @Son_of_Magnus said:
" @Sha said:
She was Supergirl from Earth 2 that grew up and took her own Identity "
-_- Pinches SOM "
=P
#28 Posted by 04nbod (174 posts) - - Show Bio
@Ryonslaught: 
You should post where she pwns power girl to prove it to people. Seriously, Wonder Woman used the exact same move on PG this month to beat her. She said it was because PG wasn't an amazon which I guess is where Supergirl picked it up.

To the guys above. Powergirl isn't Supergirl she's an abomination of the concept. Truly Supergirl turned tramp.

#29 Posted by davidkenneth (443 posts) - - Show Bio
@Ryonslaught:
This really shouldn't count because it wasn't a real fight it was a punch and then a sorry.
#30 Posted by MrDirector786 (43493 posts) - - Show Bio

Kara owns even when her powers have been temporarily removed by gold kryptonite.

#31 Posted by DEGRAAF (7875 posts) - - Show Bio
@04nbod:
what makes you say she's a tramp. I would say tease 

Does powergirl living in their universe change supergirls destiny and future? If she never knew of powergirl should would arugeably become power girl her universe but since there is now a power girl what does that mean for supergirl?
#32 Posted by davidkenneth (443 posts) - - Show Bio

Somebody should post something from something more recent
#33 Posted by velle37 (6044 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sha said:
"
"

She looks like she's going super saiyan.
#34 Posted by hdorman1 (4662 posts) - - Show Bio
@velle37: Its over 9000!
#35 Posted by velle37 (6044 posts) - - Show Bio

After reading the stuff kara does in this thread, my respect for her has been raised considerably. 

Also, i like the way her hair was when she was fighting superman, spiky sort of, but very sexy.
#36 Posted by Sexy Merc (42071 posts) - - Show Bio

Supergirl over Powergirl any day of the week. She's more badass in my opinion.

#37 Posted by Gylan Thomas (2727 posts) - - Show Bio

I prefered the matrix changling Supergirl. 
A Kryptonian Supergirl means Kal-El isn't the last kryptonian.

#38 Edited by velle37 (6044 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gylan Thomas said:
"I prefered the matrix changling Supergirl.  A Kryptonian Supergirl means Kal-El isn't the last kryptonian. "

Zod, Jax-Ur, and a bunch of other kryptonians exist; they're just in the phantom zone. And a different version had Kara from Argos a sister planet of krypton giving her similar physiology, powers, and weaknesses. Also there's an old lady on earth who is kryptonian and is a reference to kristen wells.
#39 Posted by DEGRAAF (7875 posts) - - Show Bio

How old is she in the most recent comics?

#40 Posted by Shanana (53023 posts) - - Show Bio

If i'm not mistaken she is 16

#41 Posted by 04nbod (174 posts) - - Show Bio

the current supergirl is 18. In brave and the bold hal says she's 17, this is referenced in Teen Titans and she's had a birthday since

#42 Posted by 04nbod (174 posts) - - Show Bio
@DEGRAAF: Her writers portray her as a voyeuristic fantasy under the guise of enpowerment. Any empowerment she gets in done away with by the tittering that in inherant in the comic. Its either than or writers portraying her as a cliche feminist who is angry at anything and with pent up aggression. I'm a het. woman so her 'charms' don't affect me! LOL
#43 Posted by Bubbly Bunny (74 posts) - - Show Bio

I love Supergirl 
Modern and Silver Age Kara to be exact 
Supergirl was the first comic i ever read and after all these years I'm still reading Supergirl 
Kara is different from Superman because she makes mistakes and learns from them, She's fun and is the joy, Nobody can replace Kara/Supergirl no matter how many clones or Power Girl's they create. Not that i hate Power Girl but Supergirl will always be my Number One favorite blonde Kryptonion.       

Supergirl and Brainiac 5

#44 Posted by Caligula (12417 posts) - - Show Bio

re.........spect

#45 Posted by Shanana (53023 posts) - - Show Bio

-_- Someone keeps adding the same damn pictures to her gallery....when i find you...i will kill you

#46 Posted by Son_of_Magnus (15258 posts) - - Show Bio

tcepseR

#47 Posted by Shanana (53023 posts) - - Show Bio
@04nbod said:
" the current supergirl is 18. In brave and the bold hal says she's 17, this is referenced in Teen Titans and she's had a birthday since "
I don't recall any Birthday parties for Kara.
#48 Posted by davidkenneth (443 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sha:
It's not me but I hope you kill who ever it is.
#49 Posted by davidkenneth (443 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sha:
Niether do I, I think she is either 16 or 17, she can't be as old as Superboy.
#50 Posted by Shanana (53023 posts) - - Show Bio

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.