Follow

Supergirl

Character » Supergirl appears in 3428 issues.

Kara Zor-El is Superman's cousin and last survivor of Krypton's Argo City. She has a brash and defiant personality that she developed in response to the destruction of Krypton. Currently, she's operating out of National City alongside the D.E.O.

Supergirl Dates Bad Boys

bloggerboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

So recently I read an issue or two of H'el on Earth where the main bad guy fools Supergirl into working for him of sorts. The two even kiss. To me this felt like bad writing but it got me thinking back on earlier versions, earlier stories with Supergirl. Kara Zor-El has always seemed to have a weakness for bad boys. Her dating history isn't that flattering. Here's what I remember/found out about Supergirl (version may vary) either dating and/or working with supervillains of some caliber:

1. Lex Luthor

2. Buzz, Demon of Chaos

3. Darkseid

4. Faux Kal-El

5. Owen Mercer a.k.a. Owen Harkness a.k.a. Captain Boomerang's son

6. Powerboy

7. H'el

SPECIAL MENTION: Comet the Super-Horse. Because the interaction was just so weird!

If there's more examples or you disagree with the list please let me know. I would just like to point out that I still like the character of Supergirl but wanted to illustrate something. Things like this do tip the scales and make me like characters like Power Girl a bit more though.

KnightRise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Half of those don't apply to current/pre-Crisis Kara. A couple are Linda Lee and Matrix, but I get your point.

bloggerboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@knightrise: Yeah, the idea was to point out a norm in the recent versions of Supergirl. Despite the different characters they all seem to make similar mistakes or are used in similar plotlines.

Raktus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was confused by Sanctuary talking to Kara about H'el. It claimed she was betrayed by the only man she loved. I don't recall him betraying her. He didn't even lie really... if his plan worked then everything he said would have come true. Really, she betrayed him...

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

she never actually dated Boomer or Darkseid. She worked for Darkseid and hung out (is that right) with Boomer

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

Half of those don't apply to current/pre-Crisis Kara. A couple are Linda Lee and Matrix, but I get your point.

Idk I kinda thinks she still would have dated them considering New 52 Supergirl seems to be their very own Superbimbo(because she's kinda dumb)

PCN24454

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By PCN24454

@teerack: in the DCnU, Supergirl has only recently come to Earth, and H'el taught her English through telepathy. They just reset her character development and trust.

@bloggerboy: The Matrix was created to be a super effigy of Lana Lang. by the Alternate universe version of Lex Luthor who was actually a good guy. Then she came over to the main universe.

P.S. Matrix may explain the Lexana/Prometheus story-line that Smallville had.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

@pcn24454: Doesn't change that she's done nothing but act like an idiot sense the reboot.

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

what about LOBO! geez loweez does anyone remember brave and the bold i do and

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

they weren't dating. that was a team up.

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By lifeofvibe

@avenging_x_bolt: it got close to that until lobos was done and he started acting like himself without a job

bloggerboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can you list issue numbers etc.?

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bloggerboy: brave and the bold issues 1 to 6 or 7 there was a lot of interesting chemistry going on between them 2

jointron33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

She is just a sweet girl who gets taken advantage of. It's not like she's a whore, like She-Hulk

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By primebonnick

@jointron33: or black cat lolol I still love em though.

shonen3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By shonen3

@bloggerboy said:

So recently I read an issue or two of H'el on Earth where the main bad guy fools Supergirl into working for him of sorts. The two even kiss. To me this felt like bad writing but it got me thinking back on earlier versions, earlier stories with Supergirl. Kara Zor-El has always seemed to have a weakness for bad boys. Her dating history isn't that flattering. Here's what I remember/found out about Supergirl (version may vary) either dating and/or working with supervillains of some caliber:

1. Lex Luthor

2. Buzz, Demon of Chaos

3. Darkseid

4. Faux Kal-El

5. Owen Mercer a.k.a. Owen Harkness a.k.a. Captain Boomerang's son

6. Powerboy

7. H'el

SPECIAL MENTION: Comet the Super-Horse. Because the interaction was just so weird!

If there's more examples or you disagree with the list please let me know. I would just like to point out that I still like the character of Supergirl but wanted to illustrate something. Things like this do tip the scales and make me like characters like Power Girl a bit more though.

Supergirl does not date bad boys. She dates (Just as with women in real life), men she sees as the alpha males. Most women would forget all the red flags (womanizer, total jerk, player) of a guy once she sees that he is an alpha male. This is why beta men like Jimmy Olsen don't have a snow ball chance in hell with her.

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
    amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

When did she date Darkseid?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.