Follow

Supergirl

Character » Supergirl appears in 3428 issues.

Kara Zor-El is Superman's cousin and last survivor of Krypton's Argo City. She has a brash and defiant personality that she developed in response to the destruction of Krypton. Currently, she's operating out of National City alongside the D.E.O.

Supergirl Annual #2 REVIEWED, What Are Your Thoughts?

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

It's hard to believe it's taken this long for Supergirl to finally get an Annual.  Are you reading Supergirl or the other Superman titles?  Despite all their history, it seems we don't often hear (or see around here) talk about them.  The New Krypton storyline has been pretty interesting.  We now have all these Kryptonians in existence.  Sure it might have changed Superman's status of being the "Last Son Of Krypton" but let's move on.  Kryptonians have been banned from Earth.  They (except Superman) are not welcome.  We are even seeing Kryptonian sleeper agents running around.

The other interesting thing is Kara is finally giving her secret identity some serious consideration.  It does seem right that if she's going to live on Earth, she should live with Earthlings.  Living among them allows her to see things from their perspective.  There's also the mystery behind the new Superwoman.  I have to admit that I didn't see that one coming.

When Supergirl first debuted in Superman/Batman, people seemed to really like Supergirl.  As her series progressed, it did feel as though she were going around without a firm direction.  Perhaps that is what turned people off of her.  Are you a Supergirl fan or a Supergirl hater?  Now that Sterling Gates has been writing Supergirl, is your opinion the same?  What do you think about Supergirl being on Earth even though she's not 'wanted' there?  Do you think Earth's hatred towards New Krypton will change?  What's going to happen when Superman finds out about this Superwoman?  What will happen when others find out about her identity? 
    DMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By DMC

This was a great issue, especially Superwoman story. I can't wait to see what the writing team does with her next.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

#2  Edited By gmanfromheck

I could be wrong but I get an impression people are skipping out on the Superman family titles.

johnny_spam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By johnny_spam

I need to check this series out I love Supergirl (The pre-crisis and Superman/Batman Kara none of those others in the 90's) and if the book is doing well maybe now is the best time to read it.
    04nbod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4  Edited By 04nbod

The Superwoman story trades in December. I have to say though Sterling Gates works so much better when he isn't pulled into crossovers.'Why the World doesn't need Supergirl', 'guilding day' and now 'Secret Identities' have all been exceptional and all been one shots.Gates is the writer to go to if you want character stories with a good punch up for measure. I've only been let down once by Gates in the past year and that was the Supergirl part of codename:patriot. Insulted, one punched and never seen again, that was awful but narratively necessary as part of the big story with other writers.

Pheeke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Pheeke
    @04nbod:

then i'll wait until the trade comes out ;)
    Editman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By Editman

I hate Supergirl, and me and my friend are always at oods about her, I prefer Power girl, but i guess i'll check this out.

04nbod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By 04nbod
    @Editman: One story won't change that. I suggest picking up issue 34 and issue 43 as well as the annual.
    crazed_h3ro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By crazed_h3ro

WoW a superwoman that killed, got to pick this up, and supergirl's new identitiy ...

Agent Buttons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By Agent Buttons

not a bad issue. Great review G-Man :)
    Grendel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Grendel

I can't believe James Robinson had Hal make her cry.

04nbod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By 04nbod
    @Grendel: Read the first arc of Brave and the Bold. Waid gets Kara more than most writers.
    FoxxFireArt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#12  Edited By FoxxFireArt

This does seem pretty interesting about Supergirl giving her real name to a bunch of nuts. Something about the Superwoman story feels a bit generic to me though.

Media_Master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Media_Master

Supergirl is cool. I need to pick her up more often though....

LoganRogue24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By LoganRogue24

iam gonna get this when the next Supergirl issue comes out.
    shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By shanana
    @Editman said:
    " I hate Supergirl, and me and my friend are always at oods about her, I prefer Power girl, but i guess i'll check this out. "
    Ew your AV

Supergirl> Powergirl, lets not discuss this again!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.