Supergirl Age

#1 Posted by EmmaGrace (1024 posts) - - Show Bio

So I'm not a big DC reader, and this may be some super obvious answer that I was completely oblivious to. I wanted to know and searched it a couple different ways and couldn't find it.

So, how old is Supergirl?

#2 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

In the new DCnU no clue but I'd say early twenties.

#3 Posted by Mercy_ (92698 posts) - - Show Bio

In the previous universe she was either 17 or 18. Although she at times seemed older than that. Not sure about DCnU.

#4 Posted by LoganRogue24 (1187 posts) - - Show Bio

when Sterling Gates was writeing Kara i read he said shes 17 or 18ish.

#5 Posted by EmmaGrace (1024 posts) - - Show Bio

Is she suppose to be the same age as Power Girl? Or vice versa.

#6 Posted by Kal'smahboi (3519 posts) - - Show Bio
@EmmaGrace: Power Girl has traditionally been an older version of Supergirl, just like Kal-L was older than our Superman.
#7 Posted by The Stegman (24391 posts) - - Show Bio
@EmmaGrace: well before the relaunch, she was a younger version of PG however now, she seems a bit older
#8 Posted by EmmaGrace (1024 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Stegman said:

@EmmaGrace: well before the relaunch, she was a younger version of PG however now, she seems a bit older

She's still much younger than some of the other females, such as Zatanna, Wonder Woman, Black Canary, etc?

I'm considering picking up Supergirl #1...

#9 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio
@EmmaGrace

Well before you do, what comics have you liked, specific issues or storylines. Supergirl is really hit and miss for people(For me was a miss)
#10 Posted by EmmaGrace (1024 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCrowbar: I'm a bit new to comic reading, but I heard it's great for people who enjoyed The Hunger Games, which I absolutely loved.

#11 Posted by TheOptimist (713 posts) - - Show Bio

There was some bizarre element where she was 17... then had a birthday... and was 17. It was strange. But not all that essential to clarify for the stories that were told, so it went largely unaddressed. No note of it in the newest issue, probably not going to come up until a who's who or bio-profile type page.

#12 Posted by The Stegman (24391 posts) - - Show Bio

@EmmaGrace: what Crowbar said, some might not like it, personally i loved it, but i say read the first issue or two, if you like it there you go, if not, then no real harm done

#13 Posted by LoganRogue24 (1187 posts) - - Show Bio

i liked the new issue i just hope that they don"t change karas personality to much.

#14 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio
#15 Posted by batflasharrow96 (445 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, technically, before the relaunch she was in her fifties since she was a teen when Superman was born. Then she was in suspended animation which halted her aging process so she retained the physical appearance of a teen-aged Kryptonian female.

#16 Posted by termiteone4ever (7358 posts) - - Show Bio

Super girl has always been a teenager :) , From over 50 years ago :)

#17 Edited by Zoch81 (259 posts) - - Show Bio

in DCnu I say about 16-17 she no older then that, Doesn't look any older that.

#18 Posted by BlackArmor (6141 posts) - - Show Bio

old enough :p

#19 Posted by moywar700 (2775 posts) - - Show Bio

I want to know her age too. Does anybody know her age?Would DC even let her age into her 20's? Supergirl is way more memorable as a teenager.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.