Follow

Supergirl

Character » Supergirl appears in 3428 issues.

Kara Zor-El is Superman's cousin and last survivor of Krypton's Argo City. She has a brash and defiant personality that she developed in response to the destruction of Krypton. Currently, she's operating out of National City alongside the D.E.O.

Supergirl #1 Solicit

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#1  Edited By Mercy_
    No Caption Provided

SUPERGIRL #1

Written by MICHAEL GREEN and MIKE JOHNSON

Art and cover by MAHMUD ASRAR

Meet Supergirl. She’s got the unpredictable behavior of a teenager, the same powers as Superman – and none of his affection for the people of Earth. So don’t piss her off!

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

#2  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

sounds cool. almost as cool as tim still being a part of the Bat family : )
    davidkenneth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By davidkenneth

Looks like an Anime
    MrUnknown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By MrUnknown
    @The Dark Huntress: Is that the actual solicit or was that a sarcastic narrative?
    Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Mercy_
    @MrUnknown Actual solicit. I'll give the link later, on my phone right now.
    MrUnknown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By MrUnknown
    @The Dark Huntress: No need, I believe you. It's just strange if she doesn't have any affection for Earth, then what is she doing there?
    thegreatfour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By thegreatfour
    @MrUnknown: For a bathroom break :P
    Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Mercy_
    @MrUnknown Not sure. But if you've read her earlier appearances in the current DCU, she was originally sent to Earth to kill Superman. I believe that wa retconned to make way for New Krypton, though. But they could be going back to that.

Or she could feel a lack of empathy towards them because she's a moody teenage alien.
    jrock85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By jrock85
    @The Dark Huntress
    I like the new costume.
    Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Mercy_
    @jrock85 Me too! I actually totally love it.
    Green Skin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By Green Skin

Any word yet on if this is a merged character of Supergirl/ Powergirl?  I heard they may be combined after the reboot.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Mercy_

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2011/06/10/those-52-issue-one-solicitations-in-full/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm;_medium=twitter&utm;_campaign=Feed:+BleedingCool+%28Bleeding+Cool+Comic+News+%26+Rumors%29&utm;_content=Twitter

Link for those of you who were curious.

MrUnknown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By MrUnknown
    @thegreatfour: lol I like this idea. 
    @The Dark Huntress: Was that when she was reintroduced (sort of?) with the Superman/Batman series? Hmm I wonder if Superman and Supergirl would even be cousins now? Superman himself looks like a teen maybe this is setting them up to be a pair. Ok I will stop before I leave some distaste but there is so much we don't know so I guess it could happen right?
    Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Mercy_
    @Green Skin I do NOT like that idea.

@MrUnknown Yep. It was the cleverly titled Supergirl arc ;)

Welllllll. Did kind of happen in an arc. So it's not entirely out of the realm of possibility, although it would incite outrage, even if the revamped versions weren't related.
    MrUnknown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By MrUnknown
    @The Dark Huntress:  I just knew because of the movie, otherwise I wouldn't have.
    When did the relationship thing ever happen? I'm pretty sure anyone other than Lois with Superman will incite rage. But if any character can cause the maximum damage it's bound to be Supergirl because most people will still remember them to be related and not comparable in age. I did like her teaming up with Jimmy Olsen in the cartoon so maybe they can use that in the stories, but then again I pretty much like everything Dini does. Jimmy could also be the one for pissing of Supergirl at random times. I think that could make for a fun read.
    Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Mercy_

@MrUnknown: It was during the Candor story arc and technically it was Ultraman, not Superman. Still weird, though.

Agreed with you on Dini and the Jimmy angle.

MrUnknown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By MrUnknown
    @The Dark Huntress: Because I thought it would just be some kind of nightmare writing. I don't think of Superman as the prime suspect for cheating on his wife or committing incest. Glad you agree on the other points since you are the Supergirl follower; I'm just a sometimes ;)
    lorex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#18  Edited By lorex

The new costume looks good IMO, but after looking at it in some depth it looks like a cross between Power Girl and Supergirl, both in terms of style and body design. This is fine for Supergirl because when she is grown up she is suppose to look like 
    Power Girl. Some rumors online (and they are only rumors at this point) say there will be no more Power Girl and Supergirl will be the only Kara Zor-El. I for one hope that is not true but  we will have to wait and see.

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By DEGRAAF
    @Green Skin said:
    Any word yet on if this is a merged character of Supergirl/ Powergirl?  I heard they may be combined after the reboot.

i hope they are that would be nice to leave space for Kara to grow. 

The only reason i would want Karren Star to stick around is if they let Supergirl grow up i would like to see how different they actually become.
    Oasis95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Oasis95

i enjoy the new supergirl comic..seeing her grow..trying to understand how to care for the people ,doing the right thing. and trying to have a life.. but now..anti human supergirl? so what going to make her hate..on the humans now?  hm like degraaf said.. they will show a new way of her growing about how to care again..   I am going to miss how they were around issue 60..to me it feel that supergirl was pushing more of the training she gain from bruce. with the whole setting up teams and having plans over plans. how she pick the team and how she had miss matrain fake the mind control

harleyquinn12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 21

#21  Edited By harleyquinn12

While i've always had a soft spot in my heart for Supergirl, i'm really excited for the new book because I love Asrar's art.
    Oasis95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Oasis95

oh yeah the art is amazing^_^ and I do kind want to see how this new vamp will play out. I know it will be a new way to writer about how she will grow to care and find her self . but i do wonder how she going to act now. with the whole no feelings for people ,

Avatar image for _mistress_redhead_
    .Mistress Redhead.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 6

@The Dark Huntress: I am digging the uniform, I miss the skirt though, but love the boots

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#24  Edited By fodigg
    @The Dark Huntress said: 

Meet Supergirl. She’s got the unpredictable behavior of a teenager, the same powers as Superman – and none of his affection for the people of Earth. So don’t piss her off!

/groan 

Looks like DC is rolling back almost all character development they've ever done with the character.
    Oasis95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Oasis95
    @.Mistress Redhead. said:

@The Dark Huntress: I am digging the uniform, I miss the skirt though, but love the boots

yeah that person does amazing cover art all the time =D
    FanOdaSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By FanOdaSuperman

I like this version of Supergirl.  I saw it in another forum post.  I think its more innocent and yet she'll still kick some ass.  I have a very bad feeling that they are going to make Supergirl more of a villian.  Its stupid because I feel like we've already heard this story.  Superman has to teach her how to find compassion for humanity blah blah blah.  I think a storyline more of Supergirl in a "Smallville" like setting would be really interesting.  A 16 year old girl dealing with the powers of Superman while still trying to be a cheerleader, debate champion, class president and Superhero.  It could be a neat way to mimic and yet develop the character more.  Maybe she is the editor and chief of the high school blog.  Any way I think this is going to be cool if the story is done right, and chances may be that they wont.

No Caption Provided

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.