Follow

Supergirl

Character » Supergirl appears in 3428 issues.

Kara Zor-El is Superman's cousin and last survivor of Krypton's Argo City. She has a brash and defiant personality that she developed in response to the destruction of Krypton. Currently, she's operating out of National City alongside the D.E.O.

Solar Power

UltimateSMfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By UltimateSMfan

For anyone who hasnt read supergirl #5....go read it cuz this will contain quite a few spoilers.

So Supergirl arrives on argo which is revolving around a blue sun n starts battling 'reign' anyway she's depicted as growing weaker by the minute due to the lack of a yellow sun,now if their (the writers)main objective is to vastly weaken kryptonians in the new 52,its working....i mean come on,so this is a comic but even scientifically speaking the old universe had it right a blue sun emits alot more energy than a yellow one like a 1000 times more,and in action #5 jor-el programs kal-els rocket A.I to look for worlds orbiting younger fiercer suns n when it comes to blue,few get any fiercer so shouldnt kara have just gotten alot stronger n kicked reigns ass? like a normal pre-flashpoint kryptonian,these changes are gettin a lil too much,sure it might make for good story telling but then make it an orange sun or sumthng like a sun on the verge of blowing up into a red giant,at least that would make it more believable,anyway -

what r your thoughts?-are the writers destroying the good superman family name by giving them stupid weaknesses or is this another difference between kryptonian men and women(which makes no sense).

Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2  Edited By Kallarkz

Blue sons might have different affects on Kryptonians now.

Superman doesn't seem to need to be in direct sunlight. So not quite sure they are trying to make them like Apollo pre DCNU

zmq127911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By zmq127911

I can't wait to see #5

Amanthine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Amanthine

These guys get affected by different colored rocks, don't expect anything to be scientific.

I think it's more to do with Kara just being weaker the Clark, or at least weak because she's "new". Maybe she needed to juice up more around Sol before flying to another solar system in a tantrum.

azza04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By azza04

I have always disliked Kryptonians getting weak when they leave Earth. To me it makes them seem more vunerable than they need to be, I would just prefer Kryptonians with lower power levels (although still the strongest of Earth's heroes) And just have the Kryptonite weakness, no red suns, or magic that makes them see everything in cartoon form >_>

Oh and I am really not liking Kara's costume, I didn't like it to start with and it hasn't grown on me.

majestic99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By majestic99

@azza04 said:

I have always disliked Kryptonians getting weak when they leave Earth. To me it makes them seem more vunerable than they need to be, I would just prefer Kryptonians with lower power levels (although still the strongest of Earth's heroes) And just have the Kryptonite weakness, no red suns, or magic that makes them see everything in cartoon form >_>

Oh and I am really not liking Kara's costume, I didn't like it to start with and it hasn't grown on me.

Same deal here. With magic:invulnerability is invulnerability. Besides, red sun doesn't make sense: a kryptonian's primal ability is solar BATTERY. Meaning their cells store yellow solar energy, allowing them to retain their powers under roofed structures and even at night(when there is no solar energy present), but not under a red sun(when there is no yellow solar energy present)?

azza04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By azza04

@majestic99: I always felt that the red sun supressed their ability to absorb solar energy, but once their bodies have absorb enough yellow sunlight their biology evolves allowing their powers to manifest. But then thats it, they cannot be taken away, maybe exposure to red sun light should be able to weaken their powers, but take them away completely? the degree in which their bodies would have to change or evolve to maintain their powers would be incredible, I don't buy that shinning a red sun lamp on them or leaving Earth would suddenly causes them to go from gods to mortals... But then the same could be said for yellow sun light giving them powers lmao

He's bloody Superman, he should be Super regardless of the sun's colour.

majestic99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By majestic99

@azza04: That's what I'm saying! Superman should still be super, whether during the day or night, whether under a yellow sun or red.

And another thing: kryptonite. The kryptonite should've been burnt up during atomspheric entry into Earth's atmosphere, so there really ought not to be anykryptonite of any type on Earth.

azza04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By azza04

@majestic99: I agree mate, I don't actually mind his powers being vunerable to red solar energy because it could make for some good stories where he becomes trapped on other worlds (I want Superman to have more space adventures lol) but not have his powers removed completely just dampened. And I don't really have a problem with the Kryptonite weakness as long as its used sparingly, i like the idea that only a very small ammount made it to Earth and was found by Lex Luthor and he used to to create Metallo.

Superman doesn't need to be given silly vulnerablities to give him challanges. When you look at all the other characters that have been made in Supermans image they are usually badasses, and I find them to be more entertaining than Superman.

majestic99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By majestic99

@azza04: I agree with you 100%: Mr. Majestic, Sentry,etc. The list goes on and on.

Avatar image for termiteone4ever
    termiteone4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By termiteone4ever

Interesting :)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.