So about Nick Spencer on Supergirl...

#1 Posted by fenixREVOLUTION (884 posts) - - Show Bio

Apparently Nick Spencer is just going to be co-writing Supergirl #60 and James Peaty with whom he is co-writing will be taking over the book effective #61 in January. Not being a Supergirl fan, I do say that I'm sorry, it seems pretty bad that Sterling Gates got pulled off when he was doing a good job on this book for a good stretch and then to have it tossed to a guy I've never personally heard of. You have my sympathies.

#2 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't read Supergirl ;)>

#3 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio
@mr.obvious said:
" I don't read Supergirl ;)> "

#4 Posted by fenixREVOLUTION (884 posts) - - Show Bio

Me neither, but I was going to give Nick Spencer a shot on the book, since I like most of his other work.

#5 Posted by Morning_Dew (3835 posts) - - Show Bio

As the top poster and top editor of the Supergirl forum! 

I'm worried X_X

#6 Posted by Terrific_T (130 posts) - - Show Bio

The Super-family situation (minus Superboy) is a mess right now! I mean, first JMS up and leaves Superman before he's even halfway through, and now Nick Spencer packs up and leaves Supergirl before his first issue is even on the shelf! What's the dealio?!

I'm not as disappointed with the fact that there are new writers on these books as I am that the former ones didn't seem to care enough about their stories to finish them off, that makes me nervous about the stories themselves. And then when you top that off with the fact that the emergency writers have notes and outlines to go on and they can't finish the stories exactly the way the original writer intended... Just yikes! 

Sigh.

#7 Posted by danhimself (22493 posts) - - Show Bio

if issue 60 is any indication as to what we can expect from Peaty then I'm all for him writing Supergirl....issue 60 was great!

#8 Posted by DEGRAAF (7876 posts) - - Show Bio
@Terrific_T:
well its not official but i keep hearing rumors that after JMS left Superman they have started to deviate from his original plans to make it better bc the comic was doing so bad so im happy he left and gave someone the chance to fix his mess. I stopped readin superman as soon as i heard about his walk across america. I have always thought it was a terrible idea.
#9 Posted by danhimself (22493 posts) - - Show Bio
@DEGRAAF said:

" @Terrific_T: well its not official but i keep hearing rumors that after JMS left Superman they have started to deviate from his original plans to make it better bc the comic was doing so bad so im happy he left and gave someone the chance to fix his mess. I stopped readin superman as soon as i heard about his walk across america. I have always thought it was a terrible idea. "

lol...it is official...he didn't leave because of low sales either....he left because Earth One did so well that DC wants all of his attention on the sequel and getting it done as soon as possible...the new writer, Chris Roberson, is using JMS's outlines to finish out the Grounded storyline
#10 Posted by DEGRAAF (7876 posts) - - Show Bio
@danhimself:
lol no i knew that was official. I ment the part that isnt official is that they are deivating from JMS's story bc it sucks and they are trying to get sales back
#11 Posted by danhimself (22493 posts) - - Show Bio
@DEGRAAF said:
" @danhimself: lol no i knew that was official. I ment the part that isnt official is that they are deivating from JMS's story bc it sucks and they are trying to get sales back "
no they aren't...like I said...Roberson is using JMS's outlines to finish the Grounded arc....JMS set up main plot points that Roberson is to hit...Roberson can go any route he wants to get to those points but he has to get to those points....it's the same thing they're doing with Wonder Woman
#12 Posted by danhimself (22493 posts) - - Show Bio
#13 Posted by DEGRAAF (7876 posts) - - Show Bio
@danhimself:
I know thats what they said, but im talking about what has been said recently. So you think JMS started the arc with the idea of Superman being under the influence of someone else?
#14 Posted by Skaddix (3114 posts) - - Show Bio

Supergirl 60 was a great book in my opinion and it got high review scores, an 8 on ign and a 4.5 on CBR, so I would suggest reading it.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.