Smallville's Supergirl Joins V

Posted by G-Man (32790 posts) - - Show Bio
Some of you may remember the show V about the alien visitors that came to Earth.  They turned out not to be as friendly as they first appeared.  It started out as a mini-series which lead to a second due to its success.  It was then turned into a weekly television show for one season.  ABC has decided to remake the show.  Some big named actors have been brought on including Alan Tudyk and Morena Bacarin from "Firefly," Scott Wolf, Joel Gretsch and Elizabeth Mitchell from LOST (supposedly only for the pilot).

VisitorSite.net has reported today that Laura Vandervoot, Kara from "Smallville" has been added to the cast.  She will play Lisa, "a flirty, younger-looking Visitor who is a guide aboard the Los Angeles mothership."
Staff
#1 Posted by Red L.A.M.P. (2828 posts) - - Show Bio

I remember sneaking out of bed and sitting quietly behind the couch as my parents watched "V".  It was such an AWESOME show and I am super stoked that they are remaking it!  This new cast sounds awesome.

Staff
#2 Posted by Decept-O (7275 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow!  I'd always thought "V" would be an excellent show to be re-made, and now those thoughts are coming true!  AWESOME!  The only question I have, will Laura Vandervoot be eating any rats? 

I don't have a link or a pic at the moment, but in the series, the "V" aliens ate rats. 

#3 Posted by G-Man (32790 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it was funny that Robert Englund played a nice alien.  But the first mini came out a year before the first Nightmare, I believe.

Staff
#4 Posted by the guv'nor (94 posts) - - Show Bio

seems everything is being re made in horror and sci fi these days.are the big companies frightened that people wont understand something they havent seen before ?? where are all the original ideas ?? i am remembering watching v religiously when it was first on,loved it but lets have something new.

#5 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

actually, while i'm horrified that they're remaking such a classic... this could actually turn out alright...

as long as it's done right and faithfully that is

M

#6 Posted by G-Man (32790 posts) - - Show Bio

The question is, how faithful should they be to the original?  If they try to stay completely true, we'll know what's going to happen.  Can they add any new twists without mucking up what it's supposed to be?

I'm also glad I finally found a (kinda weak) angle to bring this discussion onto our boards.  Guess there was always off topic but....

Staff
#7 Posted by Psi-Fire (982 posts) - - Show Bio

I think they should change it to serve the times we live in. I remember loving V as a kid. I'll be tuning in to it mos def. 

#8 Posted by the guv'nor (94 posts) - - Show Bio

if i remember rightly v was show as an alternative watch to the los angeles olympics,that makes me feel old !!

#9 Posted by Media_Master (2189 posts) - - Show Bio

I've never heard nor seen it before, but it sure sounds interesting

#10 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

never heard of the show lol

#11 Posted by LoganRogue24 (1187 posts) - - Show Bio

i hope Laura can return to sv someday it kinda sucks now without her.
#12 Posted by Final Arrow (24388 posts) - - Show Bio

I want to see the Alien Baby XD again.
#13 Posted by Precise (22886 posts) - - Show Bio
@Final Arrow said:
" I want to see the Alien Baby XD again. "
He scared the crap out of me when I was young xP
#14 Posted by BIackFlash (1909 posts) - - Show Bio

you watching?

its back on tv!

#15 Posted by grimreaper1980 (619 posts) - - Show Bio

i hope she returns to smallville

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.