Should I Read Supergirl?

#1 Posted by xAnimosity (183 posts) - - Show Bio

How has the current New52 run on Supergirl been? I have never read anything on her previously so I have no ties to the character. And havent seen many reviews on it. I picked up issue 14 though due to the crossover and I really dug it. Is this serious worth adding to my pull list?

I tried out Batwoman as well and ended up really digging it, especially the amazing art. Added to my pull list!

#2 Posted by fodigg (6136 posts) - - Show Bio

It's had some good moments--and I quite like the revamped Banshee--but looking back it hasn't been very memorable.

#3 Posted by Hastny (59 posts) - - Show Bio

I havent picked up any issue of supergirl from before the reboot but I bought the first new 52 volume and it was really good! I definitely think you should give it a try.

#4 Posted by Video_Martian (5562 posts) - - Show Bio

you don't really have to...

#5 Posted by INLIFE (1600 posts) - - Show Bio

Not Really Sure......

I recommend borrowing the first volume from a library that you recognize.

My county has one copy that is currently borrowed, but I am hoping to get it when it is returned.

I have heard that Supergirl's New-52 comics are many of the best comics that have recently come out.....

#6 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

No. Nothing about her has changed for the better in my opinion( Bought the first 2 issues of it in the new 52)

#7 Posted by mpierce2690 (316 posts) - - Show Bio

I definitely recommend picking it up. It's been fantastic since Issue #8, and the art is stellar. And the direction that things are going in since #13 makes me think it's only going to get better.

#8 Posted by confirukia (219 posts) - - Show Bio

its really great i recommend it,the issue has never let me down

#9 Posted by BlackReaper (595 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm enjoying it so far.

#10 Posted by LoganRogue24 (1184 posts) - - Show Bio

i like it so far. i find it funny were 14 issues into kara and she still can"t speak english.

#11 Posted by SoA (5248 posts) - - Show Bio

@LoganRogue24: until last issue . lol

@xAnimosity: i like the book to me the only thing that ties her to supes is the general abilties (flight , strength, etc) and costume otherwise to me she stands out on her own . i just cant seem to get into batwoman , i was excited reading her pre-N52 but i just cant seem to get into her story .

#12 Posted by jointron33 (1813 posts) - - Show Bio

YES!!!!

#13 Posted by TeamUnitedNerds (402 posts) - - Show Bio

@xAnimosity said:

How has the current New52 run on Supergirl been? I have never read anything on her previously so I have no ties to the character. And havent seen many reviews on it. I picked up issue 14 though due to the crossover and I really dug it. Is this serious worth adding to my pull list?

I tried out Batwoman as well and ended up really digging it, especially the amazing art. Added to my pull list!

It isn't great, and I haven't read a ton of it, but it's at least readable.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.