New Look SUCKS

• 76 results
#1 Edited by AMS (1387 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh lawdy why OH WHY DC can you not keep your act together for more than a few years before things start crashing down. 

Which crackhead @ DC mandated this change? Are we going to have the ludicrous situation of  having classic look Kara in the JLA with this new chibi esque Kara monstrosity  in the main book?  

Why? Is the book losing sales at colossal rates or something and this had to happen? I just don't understand why.

I just hope and pray even though i'm not religious lol that James Peaty  is a good writer and this all doesn't signal the start of the downward spiral for Supergirl.  

Cause we all know the answer to that one..........killing off time.....*rolls eyes* like we haven't had that enough already as Supergirl fans arghhhhh!

WTH IS THIS: 

Damnnnnnnnnnn thought she was meant to be growing up not growing down to being a kid again LOL.   
#2 Posted by batman_is_god (1185 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, they do call her SuperGIRL, so she cant be too mature
#3 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio
@AMS: That looks like SA Supergirl...before COIE.
#4 Posted by ComicMan24 (147042 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't like it a lot.

#5 Posted by ~The Wanderer~ (34405 posts) - - Show Bio

O_o What's the difference?

#6 Posted by ThanosIsMad (2192 posts) - - Show Bio

It's a cover.  Rarely reflective of what's going on inside of the book, seeing as the cover artists on Supergirl haven't been the same as the interior artists in years.

#7 Posted by .Mistress Redhead. (27083 posts) - - Show Bio
@ComicMan24 said:
" I don't like it a lot. "
#8 Posted by AMS (1387 posts) - - Show Bio

The same thing was said about Conner till the interiors got released and people where like lol wut.  

I'm sceptical and ranting at the same time which leaves a crazy mess to read, I also just can't believe how many books DC has replaced the teams offf recently. 

Also in before I don't want to feel like a pedophile while reading Supergirl lol.   

#9 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

Her look's OKAY, this doesn't really affect me though since I don't read Supergirl =P

#10 Posted by xerox_kitty (15761 posts) - - Show Bio

It all depends on the artist.  Anyone who complains about a young female character looking young is basically complaining that her boobs aren't big enough... 

#11 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio
@mr.obvious said:
" Her look's OKAY, this doesn't really affect me though since I don't read Supergirl =P "
:D
#12 Posted by Sexy Merc (42071 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it's just the artist.

#13 Posted by tensor (3856 posts) - - Show Bio

she looks more anime type than comic

#14 Edited by AMS (1387 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty: 

Not at all in that sense. If I thought of comics in that way I would be reading Power Girl.... 

I guess i'm just too much of a Michael Turner style fanboi.  

Is no else getting a She-Ra vibe off the gauntlets lol.
#15 Posted by Ms. Omega (4403 posts) - - Show Bio

It doesnt look that bad

#16 Posted by srsbsns (9 posts) - - Show Bio

.......LMFAO

#17 Posted by Mercy_ (92420 posts) - - Show Bio

Meh

Moderator Online
#18 Posted by andrea_mendoza1997 (342 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Super girl should have been a little older she looks way too young in that picture like a 12 year old about 15-16 would look good enough or like others say its just the artist

#19 Posted by Renee (10289 posts) - - Show Bio

Lmao eww! That is one fugly Supergirl.

#20 Posted by dementedtheclown (747 posts) - - Show Bio

wheres her pupils?

They needa just let her be 18 already, she's earned it.

#21 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio
@Primmaster64 said:
" @mr.obvious said:
" Her look's OKAY, this doesn't really affect me though since I don't read Supergirl =P "
:D "
U just can't get enough of me, can u? ;D  lol 
@tensor said:
" she looks more anime type than comic "

TRUE 
@Renee said:
"

Lmao eww! That is one fugly Supergirl.

"
Hahaha Priceless! ;D
#22 Posted by hydrabob (14977 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty said:
"  It all depends on the artist.  Anyone who complains about a young female character looking young is basically complaining that her boobs aren't big enough... 

"
I'm glad you understand
#23 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12487 posts) - - Show Bio
@hydrabob:
agreed. this is just like the whole "batman's new costume" drama from a few months back
#24 Posted by dementedtheclown (747 posts) - - Show Bio

They Arnt Big Enuff

#25 Posted by Vance Astro (91104 posts) - - Show Bio

It's not a new look the artist just sucks...

#26 Posted by Judge_Dredd (149 posts) - - Show Bio
@batman_is_god: @batman_is_god said:
" Well, they do call her SuperGIRL, so she cant be too mature "
You can call an adult girl, it's appropriate. Just means they're not taking themselves entirely too seriously, and hey, Power Girl.
#27 Posted by entropy_aegis (14205 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks like kara is suffering from hair loss.
#28 Posted by xerox_kitty (15761 posts) - - Show Bio
@AMS said:
" @xerox-kitty:I guess i'm just too much of a Michael Turner style fanboi."

There you go.  Like I said before, it depends on the artist.  You picked an example from the Fan Art gallery.  It's hardly a fair example of this new outfit.  Yet here you have an example by Michael Turner. 

There's nothing wrong with a character looking young.  After all, this is the world of comic books where female characters are typically portrayed as small waisted with big breasts.  So far all I can see is that you're complaining about a piece of fan art... and that she doesn't have the typical figure of an older female character.  Respect the fact that all artists choose NOT to represent her with hideous amounts of T&A.

Blue red and yellow!
#29 Edited by Judge_Dredd (149 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty said:

Respect the fact that all artists choose NOT to represent her with hideous amounts of T&A.

Now call me crazy, but those women out there with huge amounts of T & A aren't exactly hideous. The proportions with the tiny waists in comics is unrealistic though, sure.

As for Supergirl, the Michael Turner pic here looks good and in character to me, no complaint here.
#30 Posted by AMS (1387 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty: 

Fair point mademoiselle.
#31 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

I like it.

#32 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio
@mr.obvious: lol
#33 Posted by hydrabob (14977 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty said:
" There's nothing wrong with a character looking young.  After all, this is the world of comic books where female characters are typically portrayed as small waisted with big breasts.  So far all I can see is that you're complaining about a piece of fan art... and that she doesn't have the typical figure of an older female character.  Respect the fact that all artists choose NOT to represent her with hideous amounts of T&A."
well after looking through a lot of the female comic book characters doing "research"  
the only ones I thought that had huge amounts of T&A were Powergirl and Emma Frost, and maybe Ms. Marvel
besides those few a lot of them looked fine to me. they weren't over done to a point that it didn't make sense, a lot were done with comparison to their body size
I think that there are just certain artists that do that I've seen drawings of Domino and Silver Sable that were ridiculous and make no sense for their size
#34 Edited by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio

This thread is pointless because 

a) Amy Reeder Hadley is an amazing artist -see Madame Xanadu!- and one of the few who it seems can make a female character look beautiful without resorting to unrealistic proportions (don't get me wrong, I love Jim Balent's artwork, but Amy is talented because she doesn't need to resort to huge curves)
b) she is the cover artist ONLY 
c) the people commenting in this thread obviously don't read Supergirl (or if they do, they don't enjoy it much) 
d) there is no "new look" here because unlike someone like Wonder Woman, her costume remains unchanged 
e) the cover's flaw is that it's that same stupid uninteresting pin-up that all DC books are doing that month, as XK already showed, Amy has been doing covers for the book already and no one's complained about it yet  

@xerox-kitty

said: 

"  It all depends on the artist.  Anyone who complains about a young female character looking young is basically complaining that her boobs aren't big enough... 

"
#35 Posted by MrDirector786 (43390 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't like it either.

#36 Posted by Vance Astro (91104 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
" It's not a new look the artist just sucks... "
#37 Posted by Jake Fury (18113 posts) - - Show Bio

I actually like the art but not the way Kara looks....
#38 Posted by -Eclipse- (7507 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh, get over it, it's not even a new look, it's a SLIGHT change to the costume. 

People ALWAYS complain when a hero changes their look. Steph Brown as Batgirl? Check. Tim Drake as Red Robin? Check. Iron Man's new suit? Check. Steve Rogers new suit? Check. Bruce's new Batsuit? Check. (Though I personally feel the last one is justified, it's awful) 

A few months later and how do people feel about those costumes? Much better. The Batgirl and Red Robin costumes get a little hate from those who don't actually read the comics, but most of these 'horrendous' costumes are now seen as pretty cool.

#39 Posted by Emperor Gonzo Noir (19714 posts) - - Show Bio
@-Eclipse- said:
" Oh, get over it, it's not even a new look, it's a SLIGHT change to the costume.  People ALWAYS complain when a hero changes their look. Steph Brown as Batgirl? Check. Tim Drake as Red Robin? Check. Iron Man's new suit? Check. Steve Rogers new suit? Check. Bruce's new Batsuit? Check. (Though I personally feel the last one is justified, it's awful)  A few months later and how do people feel about those costumes? Much better. The Batgirl and Red Robin costumes get a little hate from those who don't actually read the comics, but most of these 'horrendous' costumes are now seen as pretty cool. "
Thank You 
@aztek the lost said:
" This thread is pointless because 

a) Amy Reeder Hadley is an amazing artist -see Madame Xanadu!- and one of the few who it seems can make a female character look beautiful without resorting to unrealistic proportions (don't get me wrong, I love Jim Balent's artwork, but Amy is talented because she doesn't need to resort to huge curves)
b) she is the cover artist ONLY 
c) the people commenting in this thread obviously don't read Supergirl (or if they do, they don't enjoy it much) 
d) there is no "new look" here because unlike someone like Wonder Woman, her costume remains unchanged 
e) the cover's flaw is that it's that same stupid uninteresting pin-up that all DC books are doing that month, as XK already showed, Amy has been doing covers for the book already and no one's complained about it yet  

and thank you
#40 Posted by DEGRAAF (7869 posts) - - Show Bio

Kara is 18-19 years old now. I dont care if she has huge boobs or not but i do think she should look like a woman in her late teens early twenties. The first picture makes her look like she is 12-13 all over again. Ill admit i like Turners portrayal of her the best but i think Turners look represents her the best for her age group. they have been making her look like she is the same age or younger than Stephanie Brown - Batgirl - (who i also think has been portrayed to young recently)

#41 Posted by AMS (1387 posts) - - Show Bio
@aztek the lost: 

I'm just lolling for the fact what is the likelihood of one of us getting away with that?  

I'm indifferent either way, in before the obligatory  U MAD? comments. It's just for reference for a point made by a user on another thread. 

#42 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio
@AMS said:
" @aztek the lost: 

I'm just lolling for the fact what is the likelihood of one of us getting away with that?  

I'm indifferent either way, in before the obligatory  U MAD? comments. It's just for reference for a point made by a user on another thread. 

"
that's my point though, you're indifferent but you make a thread where you are seemingly so heated about a non-existent issue (as there is no new look!), if you were really indifferent, this thread wouldn't have needed to be made in the first place 

but as I said it doesn't matter, because the people who actually read Supergirl aren't the ones getting all up-in-arms in here
#43 Posted by Donnieman v5.1 (44323 posts) - - Show Bio

Picture or new look, I'm not a huge fan.

#44 Posted by fenixREVOLUTION (884 posts) - - Show Bio

Wait till you see the interiors, if they are the same, then you may have a valid argument.

#45 Posted by AMS (1387 posts) - - Show Bio
@aztek the lost: 

Actually I was reffering about opinions, I mean agree or disagree it doesn't bother me at all in anyway anymore, I love to read them all and the fact here is an environment where that is encouraged for the most part, the more people having their say the merrier!  

Everyone should get their say as long as it sticks to the T&C's/the rules etc. etc. right?  

Also wouldn't you agree everyone should have the right to read these comments as long as they stick to the T&Cs?

I mean I know everyone kind of signs away their right to freedom of speech when they sign up to a websites terms and conditions, yet like wouldn't it be petty if someone had the power to just start deleting opinions they didn't like, despite them being well within the acceptable bounds of the T&C's right? 

I mean if all dissenting opinions started to go away and people thought they couldn't say what they felt the place would turn pretty boring and like fascist lol! 

Oh boy oh boy i'm just glad we had this nice chat about the perils of overzealous censorship, I also sincerely apologise about  derailing this thread!   

I'm just glad in the future people like Zooms or anyone elses comments won't get randomly deleted for no good reason.... 

#46 Posted by Morning_Dew (3835 posts) - - Show Bio
@ComicMan24: Me either bleh!
#47 Posted by Amegashita (3601 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty said:
"  It all depends on the artist.  Anyone who complains about a young female character looking young is basically complaining that her boobs aren't big enough... "
  LMAO, this was funny and true at the same time.  
#48 Posted by Morning_Dew (3835 posts) - - Show Bio
@Amegashita: Not even. The art is horrible and has been decreasing in quality from issue  to issue
#49 Posted by Amegashita (3601 posts) - - Show Bio
@Solace:  I was actually just commenting on the bold part of what Kitty said.   It did make me laugh.  As for the comic, I wouldn't know.  Haven't read DC Comics in months.
#50 Posted by WW-Fan (2738 posts) - - Show Bio

i really dont like this pic!! She looks like 12 years old!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.