New 52 Supergirl (Kara Zor-El) Respect Thread

#1 Edited by matchesmalone21 (8749 posts) - - Show Bio

In November 2011, the New 52 and now began a new direction was taken to the superheroes of DC, principally the one of most lovely superheroine of all times: Supergirl

Let's take a look at the new Supergirl feats in this new universe:

To see another New 52 Respect Thread,click here:http://www.comicvine.com/dc-comics/57-10/new-52-respect-threads/92-672946/

Supergirl demonstrated the powers,so she came to Earth. (Clark took years to develop them)
#2 Edited by matchesmalone21 (8749 posts) - - Show Bio
Despite being on Asian Continent,Supergirl is able to hear what's happened in the entire world
Shattering robot armors with her super scream
Destroying robot armor,with her super strength and speed
#3 Posted by Twentyfive (2845 posts) - - Show Bio

Supergirl is one of my favorite comics out of the new 52.

#4 Posted by daak1212 (7901 posts) - - Show Bio

You forgot the fight with that blob thing in like 2-3 and the fight with Superman

#5 Edited by matchesmalone21 (8749 posts) - - Show Bio
Beating Superman and first time using the X-Ray vision

#6 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8749 posts) - - Show Bio
#7 Posted by NeoAndroid (173 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm going to get her HC when its out but i enjoyed the SuperGirl from pre 52, i'm just wondering what's the difference between the two? Is the 52 one stronger and more confident? Is it still a good comic?

#8 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8749 posts) - - Show Bio

@NeoAndroid: She's still a nice girl,only this time with more reality shows how she is adapting to life on Earth, how to use her powers and her memories about her planet are confused.

About her powers,this has not been well established whether it is more powerful, but appears to be. Better than ever

you seen the others respect threads??

#9 Edited by YoggSaron (812 posts) - - Show Bio

That wasn't a red sun blast from Superboy, that was just his telekinesis. Also, Supergirl's fight with Superboy was more impressive for him than for her, as she barely even phased him and he made her scream with one blast.

I believe there is a scan of someone stating that she is more powerful than Superman, or at least implying she is, but I don't have it on me (It's bull anyway, but it's interesting nonetheless).

#10 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8749 posts) - - Show Bio

@YoggSaron: I'm wil change the information,but red telekinesis it's weird!!

One of Wolrdkiller said that she is more powerful than her cousin,I'm searching for this scan... I do not know if she really is mightier than he, since he is still developing his powers (which I wish he had already developed).

You seen the other respect threads??

#11 Posted by NeoAndroid (173 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21: Im glad its more realistic since it always struck as odd how the Pre SuperGirl was like "Cool New Planet, Amazon Training Man Im Good" So im glad that shes going through the process that anyone would in her situation. I haven't seen other respect threads of her to be honest this is the first one i have seen.

I'm glad that she seems to be stronger in this series, she always seemed to me that she was but that was never fully explored in the Pre 52 SuperGirl comics (from what i read anyway)

#12 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio
@YoggSaron said:

That wasn't a red sun blast from Superboy, that was just his telekinesis. Also, Supergirl's fight with Superboy was more impressive for him than for her, as she barely even phased him and he made her scream with one blast.

I believe there is a scan of someone stating that she is more powerful than Superman, or at least implying she is, but I don't have it on me (It's bull anyway, but it's interesting nonetheless).

I believe Superman was holding back in that battle and he was just trying to reason with her...The writer said so.
#13 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8749 posts) - - Show Bio

@NeoAndroid: you'll love the new Kara

#14 Posted by azza04 (1503 posts) - - Show Bio

Hope they get Mauro Cascioli to draw her series at some point.

#15 Posted by LoganRogue24 (1187 posts) - - Show Bio

i love kara shes hot and awesome i love Laura Vandervoorts take on kara.

#16 Posted by NeoAndroid (173 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21: That's great news, just gotta wait for her 52 HC to come out :)

#17 Posted by Teerack (6238 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope that that guy that stole her blood makes the real power girl, because the one from worlds finest is stupid.

#18 Posted by toptom (1177 posts) - - Show Bio

no scans of her fight with the world killers?

#19 Posted by LoganRogue24 (1187 posts) - - Show Bio

@Teerack: it dose not feel like pg to me i miss the amanda conner pg thats my fav version of the charater.

#20 Posted by majestic99 (8637 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21:

Keep up the respect threads!

#21 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8749 posts) - - Show Bio

@NeoAndroid: :)

@majestic99: Sure dude,next Animal Man

@toptom: I'm searching,but a help would be welcome

#22 Edited by matchesmalone21 (8749 posts) - - Show Bio
After almost being throw at the Earth atmosphere,Supergirl leran to fly and how control it and then beat Superman again
#23 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio

Keep it up.

#24 Edited by matchesmalone21 (8749 posts) - - Show Bio
Ouch!!!
Puynching Superman througt the Great Wall
#25 Posted by Shanana (53023 posts) - - Show Bio

She's...ok. Preferred old Kara though.

#26 Edited by matchesmalone21 (8749 posts) - - Show Bio
Producing incredible levels of heat
#27 Posted by majestic99 (8637 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21: Give me the link when you make it.

#28 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

@azza04 said:

Hope they get Mauro Cascioli to draw her series at some point.

That is some beautiful artwork.

#29 Posted by buttersdaman000 (9721 posts) - - Show Bio

Supposedly Kara will have more powers than Kal............which is stupid. 

#30 Posted by Z3RO180 (6534 posts) - - Show Bio

@buttersdaman000: ithink its only the falre thing but they have said that supes will be more powerful than kara but in turn she will have a few more abilites. Plus they said they were going to make a female krytonians power set differ from a male krtonian.

#31 Edited by buttersdaman000 (9721 posts) - - Show Bio
@Z3RO180:  
Actually, they left that part ambiguous. They never said whether or not Superman would be stronger....in fact, i'm more inclined to believe these writers would be willing to pull that dumbsh!t they tried pre-52. A few years ago Kara was in fact more powerful but the fan backlash was so huge that they retconned it. I'm pretty sure you've seen the scan.
#32 Posted by Z3RO180 (6534 posts) - - Show Bio

@buttersdaman000:

Guess your right cause i got that info from a thread so its not the most reliable and no i have not seen this scan could you post a link so i could look at it?

#33 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8749 posts) - - Show Bio

@majestic99: ok!!!!

#34 Posted by majestic99 (8637 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21 said:

@majestic99: ok!!!!

lol

#35 Posted by buttersdaman000 (9721 posts) - - Show Bio
#36 Posted by Z3RO180 (6534 posts) - - Show Bio

@buttersdaman000: that doesnt really say that supergirl was more powerful than him.

#37 Posted by Zoch81 (256 posts) - - Show Bio

the New 52 Supergirl is awesome

#38 Posted by buttersdaman000 (9721 posts) - - Show Bio
@Z3RO180:  
In one of her previous books, Jeph Loeb had made it clear that Supergirl was to be taken as the more powerful of the two. This is simply the scan that retcons that. 
#39 Posted by Z3RO180 (6534 posts) - - Show Bio

@buttersdaman000: right i get ya now :)

#40 Posted by HolySerpent (12537 posts) - - Show Bio

That would stupid as hell if kara becomes more powerful

#41 Posted by The_Greatest_Username (142 posts) - - Show Bio

Supergirl is undoubtably one of my favorite books from the New 52. I still just can't get used to seeing her in that costume. I miss the skirt.

#42 Posted by LoganRogue24 (1187 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Greatest_Username: me to i miss her sexy tummy.

#43 Posted by The_Greatest_Username (142 posts) - - Show Bio

@LoganRogue24: I just can't see this costume ever being as iconic as her previous costume. I always felt that one of the most distinctive things about Kara was her miniskirt.

#44 Edited by Dernman (15074 posts) - - Show Bio

Supergirl in Black Banshee's mind summoning Kryptonian Battle Armor and two swords to resisting Black Banshee's magic from fully absorbing her and striking back.
#45 Edited by matchesmalone21 (8749 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dernman: @The_Greatest_Username: @LoganRogue24: @Sovereign91001:More scans

Fighting with Brain in the space and controlling the X-Ray Vision (notice that she still doesn't know tthat is capable to breathe in the space)
#46 Edited by toptom (1177 posts) - - Show Bio

she absorbs lots of sunlight

#47 Posted by Sovereign91001 (4379 posts) - - Show Bio

From top to bottom:

Supergirl #1: Super loud scream

Supergirl #1 First use of heat vision

Supergirl # 7 Solar Energy Field Blast (?)

#48 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dernman said:

Supergirl in Black Banshee's mind summoning Kryptonian Battle Armor and two swords to resisting Black Banshee's magic from fully absorbing her and striking back.

I wanna see more of this Kryptonian Armor

#49 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8749 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Greatest_Username: Did you like the Silver Banshee isn't a villain anymore?

#50 Posted by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sovereign91001: it's a sonic scream, she does it again in Supergirl #5, and the other new power I call it Omnidirectional solar burst

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.