matrix... enemy of Supergirl???

#1 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

just spotted this when going through to check what needs updating on the supergirl page...

apparantly Matrix is the enemy of Supergirl... impressive, they're the same person lol

matrix also has a seperate page from supergirl... not sure if this one needs to be merged because they did start of as seperate entities, with matrix first assuming the form of Lana Lang in a supergirl outfit...

i'll leave this upto the mods as to what they want to do with it...

M

#2 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

ahh ok...

yeah Matrix merged with Linda Danvers and they 'both' took on the identity supergirl... that was back when she was still a shapeshifter and had 'psi blasts'

M

#3 Posted by zero edge (3696 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmmm... enemy of Supergirl? Didn't Matrix merged with Linda Danvers to become the new Supergirl? anyways it's not going to be merged, the mods want to have a mantle profile and each person gets their own profile. It's like Robin, theres a profile for Dick, Tim and Jason.

#4 Posted by Shatterstar (4547 posts) - - Show Bio

Is this page's info incorrect? http://www.rapsheet.co.uk/RapSheetMain/Bizzaro.asp?UniqueId=541 "Matrix is the protoplasmic remains of Supergirl’s merging with Linda Danvers. Unfortunately all the bad aspects of Linda’s personality merged with the protoplasmic residue and created the unbalanced and evil Matrix."

If its wrong by all means delete it, sorry about that.

#5 Posted by Cosmic Sentinel (3749 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know if an evil version of her appeared in the comics. If that's right, it would mean there are two in the DCU, although the evil came from the first. I think it might be worth adding that to Matrix's profile.

#6 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

Shatterstar says:

"Is this page's info incorrect? http://www.rapsheet.co.uk/RapSheetMain/Bizzaro.asp?UniqueId=541 "Matrix is the protoplasmic remains of Supergirl’s merging with Linda Danvers. Unfortunately all the bad aspects of Linda’s personality merged with the protoplasmic residue and created the unbalanced and evil Matrix." If its wrong by all means delete it, sorry about that. "

yep that's incorrect...

Matrix merged fully with the dead form of Linda Danvers (She was killed it a cult stabbing before the first issue of the comic... the opening scene of the comic shows the disorientation that matrix / supergirl feels now that she has merged with a human soul.)

Matrix was created by Lex Luthor (Pocket universe... for more infor see the main Supergirl page under referance Supergirl #3) and molded to look like Lana Lang from that usiverse in a costume modeled on Superman... once Superman came, battled and killed the kryptonions from that universe (Zod and the two others) Matrix was injured in the fight and reverted to a protoplasmic state...

Superman took Matrix back with him to 'real time' and left her in the care of Ma and Pa kent... she later emerged as supergirl... keeping the basic look of Lana Lang but changing her hair colour from Red to Blonde...

The first issue of Supergirl... (Matrix... not Linda ok?)

The introduction of Linda Danvers / Supergirl...

Supergirl, during a mini series, allied with Lex Luthor II (A clone of real lex... this got complecated... ask a Superman fan to clean that storyline up if you need to, i never paid much attention to it.) believeing him to be the same person he was in the pocket universe (A hero... almost earth 2 esque)... anyway, he used tests under the guise of testing her powers and limitations to make sure she could survive for prolonged periods of time in this world to aquire tissue samples of her protoplasm...

he used this protoplasm to clone Matrix / Supergirl's for his own private army... his initial plan was to alter the protoplasm to create a 'Super' Body for himself... Matrix / Supergirl found out about this and destroyed all the clones... or so she believed... i don't believe there has been any mention of the clones after that incident, though again you'd have to check with a bigger SuperMAN fan than me to get 100% on that.

all of this is PRE linder Danvers...

for those of you who need it labeling, the list is as follows...

Supergirls in chronological order...

Supergirl #1, Kara Zor-El #1

Supergirl #2, Kara Zor-El #2 (origon altered, brought into continuity again... no mention of her past exploits at all.)

Supergirl #3, Matrix Supergirl

Supergirl #4, Linda Danvers / Matrix Supergirl

Supergirl #5, Linda Danvers / Earth Angel Supergirl

(Supergirl#5.1, Kara Zor-El #2 again... she was brought forward in history by the spectre... as of current continuity Linder Danvers... whereever she may be... is the only DCU character

Supergirl #6 Cir-El (i know, i've only really done a stub on her page at the moment... give me time and i'll be updating her page as well.)

Supergirl #7 Kara Zor-El #3 (Current Supergirls)

out of those, Cir-El is the only one with her own page for the 'Supergirl' character... Matrix i will get too when i have the time to write up a full page on the protoplasmic character her self... as will the earth Angel Supergirl... trust me, it will all make sense once i've got all the characters written up and got ZeroEDGE to help with the formatting of the page :)

right, think that covers everything... any more Supergirl questions? lol

M

PS, i only came on to check my mail lol, early night tonight... early shift tomorrow... probably be on tomorrow night from about 9ish (england time)... if anyone wants me to clarify anything, or for anything else PM me or E~mail me at ianblyth2005@btinternet.com and i'll get back to you asap :)

M

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.