Is Supergirl (New 52) worth it?

#1 Posted by Archlord (140 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, I started reading Supergirl when it was released in 2011, becuase I solely enjoyed the plot, a little. I stopped after issue 5 because I wanted to reduce what I read, but I'm looking back at it now and wondering if I should continue.

Is Supergirl worth the read? How has the storyline evolved up until now?

#2 Edited by Manbehindthewires (344 posts) - - Show Bio

It's currently in the H'el on Earth crossover, and has been pretty solid. This weeks #16 with The Flash may not be the best jumping on point, as it starts where Superboy #16 left off. I'd either go back to #14 and pick up where the crossover started or wait til #18 in March when the next arc begins.

I've really liked H'el on Earth but it's getting mixed reviews...you'd be best picking up #14 and deciding for yourself on that one. Supergirl has been portrayed as a little gullible (albeit powerful) and I think seeing her getting suckered into someone else's plans has upset some readers. Whether or not she made the right choice has yet to be seen.

Other than that Supergirl #13 was actually a great standalone throwback issue if you don't want to get tied up in it all.

#3 Posted by The Stegman (23785 posts) - - Show Bio

I like it.

#4 Posted by confirukia (219 posts) - - Show Bio

i like it so far,but it seemed to be getting low reviews from viners. Thats their opinion but mine is very solid.

#5 Posted by WonderHunter (121 posts) - - Show Bio

I like it :)

#6 Posted by TheCannon (18276 posts) - - Show Bio

I've only read the first 7 issues, but it was very good.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.