Follow

Supergirl

Character » Supergirl appears in 3428 issues.

Kara Zor-El is Superman's cousin and last survivor of Krypton's Argo City. She has a brash and defiant personality that she developed in response to the destruction of Krypton. Currently, she's operating out of National City alongside the D.E.O.

Is she already an established hero?

RazzaTazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1887

User Lists: 79

Edited By RazzaTazz

No Caption Provided

I have after a decent break from comics finally caught up with the majority of the DC Comics that I read.  In so doing I read the Supergirl portion of the H’el arc.  After starting out reading about 20 titles in the new 52, I am now down to two – Wonder Woman and Supergirl.  I hadn’t really expected that Supergirl would be one of the two holdouts at DC, but I have enjoyed the series mostly thus far as it is.  Something which struck me as interesting though in the recent story arc (which hasn't really been very captivating for me) is one of the usual cliches of heroes fighting heroes - that being that Supergirl's heroic side is appealed to as she battles with Wonder Woman.  Supergirl is being appealed to that she doesn't want to do what he is about to do and she is being misled.  As a cliche I guess it is pretty common along with the mentally controlled "fight through it, I know you are in there somewhere" and is an established part of comic book writing, but is there really enough basis for Wonder Woman (or anyone else) to make this statement?  Since arriving to Earth Supergirl has gotten in a fight with Superman, had a big fight in New York City where a large portion of the city was destroyed, dealt with the threat of the Silver Banshee away from the public's eye, fought Simon Tyccho again away from the observation of other people and then been misled by H'el to want to rebuild Krypton.  The reader knows that she is a hero perhaps, but why would anyone else?  From a certain standpoint she could be seen as a willfully destructive superhuman with only her own interest at heart.  I get what the writers would going for, but it was mostly pretty sloppy writing for a character that has not been formly established yet.  

LoganRogue24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By LoganRogue24

i think kara is still finding herself and were she belongs.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.