Follow

Supergirl

Character » Supergirl appears in 3428 issues.

Kara Zor-El is Superman's cousin and last survivor of Krypton's Argo City. She has a brash and defiant personality that she developed in response to the destruction of Krypton. Currently, she's operating out of National City alongside the D.E.O.

if Kara Dies

LoganRogue24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By LoganRogue24

if Kara Dies would it destroy Clark Kent i think if she dies a part of Clark Dies with her. she is all he has from home now with the destruction of New Krypton. i think if Clark ever lost Kara he would lose apart of himself as well apart from Lois and Martha Kara is the most important woman in Clarks life and without her he is truly alone in the universe.
    grombletromble

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2  Edited By grombletromble

He'll still have Krypto! But yeah I can't imagine what it would be like to have your entire race resurrected only to be completely wiped out a few months later. It's surprising he hasn't flipped out and destroyed half the planet in a grief-fueled frenzy yet, I think
    Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Primmaster64

Not really . Yes it will hurt but eventually he'll move on.

Calvin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Calvin

It would brake his Heart! 

Even so I believe in the pre-crisis. the original Kara was closer to Superman. 

No Caption Provided

WW-Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By WW-Fan

isnt Power Girl the orignal kara?
    Sinestro2828

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Sinestro2828
    @WW-Fan:    I think Powergirl is an older version of Supergirl from another dimension in the DC multiverse, so Supergirl is the Kara native to the main DC universe that Superman comes from.
    Sinestro2828

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Sinestro2828

With New Krypton blown to bits and all the Kryptonians dead and gone for real except for a scarce few, yosh, I'd definitely say that Superman would be DEVASTATED if Kara, his only living blood relative now, died.  I seriously hope that doesn't happen because I LOVE this newest incarnation of Supergirl and find her to be a more complicated character than Superman himself, she's a hero in the making, still learning and growing whereas Superman is already well established.

WW-Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By WW-Fan
    @Sinestro2828 said:
    " @WW-Fan:    I think Powergirl is an older version of Supergirl from another dimension in the DC multiverse, so Supergirl is the Kara native to the main DC universe that Superman comes from. "

yup she is the Golden Age Supergirl from the 50's
    AMS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By AMS

She won't die if we keep buying her comics!
    oldgum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By oldgum

Then there will be supergirl V6, whatever

shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#11  Edited By shanana
    @WW-Fan said:
    " isnt Power Girl the orignal kara? "
    No... PowerGirl is Kara from Earth 2
    WW-Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By WW-Fan
    @Sha said:
    " @WW-Fan said:
    No... PowerGirl is Kara from Earth 2 "

the earth 2 Superman is the golden age Superman so Power girl must be the golden age Super girl ;)
    Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

#13  Edited By Son_of_Magnus

He'll get over it he's closer to Bruce and Diana than he ever will be to Kara

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#14  Edited By Magian
    @WW-Fan: Pre-Crisis there were Earth-1 and Earth-2. Supergirl was from Earth-1 and Power Girl was from Earth-2.
    WW-Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By WW-Fan
    @ComicMan24 said:
    " @WW-Fan: Pre-Crisis there were Earth-1 and Earth-2. Supergirl was from Earth-1 and Power Girl was from Earth-2. "

yes i know :)
    AMS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By AMS
    @Son_of_Magnus: 

Blasphemy! lol :)    
    shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#17  Edited By shanana
    @WW-Fan said:
    " @Sha said:
    " @WW-Fan said:
    No... PowerGirl is Kara from Earth 2 "
    the earth 2 Superman is the golden age Superman so Power girl must be the golden age Super girl ;) "
    Powergirl is just a counter part of Supergirl. As Golden Age Superman was just a Counter part of the Bronze age superman.  If she was a golden age Kara, I'm pretty sure it would have told us. Powergirl and Supergirl were supposed to be the same people, but act in different manors. "Making them different people"

Super girl first appeared in 1958, where PG didn't appear until 1978(Not counting Lois Lane's brief stint in 1958), SG died in 1985. In 1985 Earth-2 was destroyed, causing her "Orgins" to change, IT wasn't until The Crisis of 05-06 that she had her original origins back.  I'm not sure if Kara (SG) is ever destined to be Karen (PG) simply because PG was a different character with the same origins in the first place.

This is Supergirl 50 years into the future
     This is Supergirl 50 years into the future

And if you read any of the Legion of Superhero comics, you know that that was also set in the future.

Supergirl (Kara) is forever destined to be Supergirl, because she was never destined to be Powergirl. Powergirl was created only to have a SG present in earth 2.
    DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By DEGRAAF
    @Sha:
    Thanks for the knowledge. I never actually knew that, I would expect her to eventually look more like PG when she gets older (like in the chest and height wise) but i guess not according to the scan above, do you have any more of her?
    Valtot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Valtot

yes if kara dies clark would be heartbroken as shown when any of the people he loves dies, hes all about family and friends
    berfel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By berfel

I'm sure Clark would be very sad if Kara dies, but he hasn't really shown much attachment to her.  After a grand show of caring when she arrived on Earth he let this 16 her old girl go live by herself with money sent to her by uncle Bruce.  A teenager, with little knowledge of the culture she's now living in, speaking the local language for only months, still hurting from losing everything she knows.  On her own, confused and (as we found out later) suffering from long-term low level Kryptonite poisoning (Krypto knew something was wrong, why couldn't Clark and Bruce figure it out?)  He had Ma and Pa Kent to take care of him, you'd think he would have shown a little more concern about making sure she had someone to talk to, to mentor her, to advise her and keep her out of trouble.  It made me want to call Interstellar Child Protective Services on him.

No wonder things worked out badly for her for so long.

After everyone died in New Krypton you would have thought he'd make sure she was OK instead of going off on a long walk in self pity.  After all, she lost family and friends, her mother died right in front of her eyes, the last of the heritage she grew up with was destroyed. He lost a bunch of people he didn't even know a year ago and a heritage that was as much his as being Irish is to a random person of Irish decent drinking a green beer on St. Patrick's day.

Right now I think his entire reaction would be how it affected him.  He's care, but he'd get over it quick.  Five years later it would be "Yeah, Kara... she was sweet, sure miss her.  Another beer Bruce?"

Hunter114

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#21  Edited By Hunter114

I thought Clark had lots of connections to his Kryptonian heritage... plus she's died loads of times in one way or another... he'll get over it... probably.

berfel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By berfel
    Sure, he's got lots of connections.  But ones that he's discovered, in a historical manner.  He didn't grow up there. He learned the Kryptonian language as a second language, not a native one.  He studied in human schools, he went to a High School prom with Lana, he ate burgers and watched football.  I guess he's as attached to Krypton as anybody who didn't grow up there could be.  But Smallville is his home and Earth is his native heritage.  Krypton is an important concept to him, but not the way it would be to someone like Supergirl who grew up immersed in it's culture.

They call him the "Last Son of Krypton" but he's really the first Kryptonian Son of Earth.  Krypton is a hobby,  like genealogy .  It would be much more real to someone who actually lived there.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.