Follow

Supergirl

Character » Supergirl appears in 3428 issues.

Kara Zor-El is Superman's cousin and last survivor of Krypton's Argo City. She has a brash and defiant personality that she developed in response to the destruction of Krypton. Currently, she's operating out of National City alongside the D.E.O.

How many Supergirls?

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Methos

right... firstly anyone who plans to read this issue and doesn't want is spoiled for them should step away from this topic now?

safe distance?

right... rant first...

ok... breathe, this just means adding one more to the long line of Supergirl profiles i've got to do...

this may be a good thing, the proper Kara Zor-El coming back to reclaim her name from this 'pretender'.

anyone who knows me, knows i'm a big Supergirl fan, and have been since first reading her.

now my favorite Supergirl is Kara Zor-El, doesn't tell you much since most of them have claimed that name... ok, Kara that died in crisis on infinite earths, that Kara.

This supergirl for some reason has always felt wrong to me, she has the same back story, the right figure, haire and eyes... there's just something about 'her' and the uniform that bugs me... it just doesn't feel right...

ok, now at the end of this issue #17, we a treated to a lovely rendition of a true Kara Zor-El returning...

allow me...

now this feels right for Kara Zor-El...

so, how has thoughts on this new Supergirl?

Kara Zor-El finally returning to take up the fight again?

maybe Linda Danvers returning at last from her self imposed exile?

god forbid it's actually more time travel crap from the spectre (see the end of Linda Danvers reign for details)

ideas anyone?

M

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Methos

oh... forgot, my main gripe about this issue... Superman...

does this feel a little too much 'Dark Knight Returns' to anyone else but me?

M

Mighty Magneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By Mighty Magneto

Agreed whats with the bats arm bands

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Methos

lol that just doesn't feel right for superman...

looks stupid...

quick question for anyone thats reading anymore of the mainstream DCU, has the sun gone red in all the DCU, or is it just Supergirl?

M

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Methos

heh wierd thought...

maybe DC should just do a Crisis of Infinite Supergirl's to clean all this mess up lol

"how many Supergirl's can we fit in one issue? we don't know but we'll give it a damn good try!" lol

M

Walkingstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Walkingstone

LOL, that could be interesting.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By The_Ghostshell

methos says:

"oh... forgot, my main gripe about this issue... Superman... does this feel a little too much 'Dark Knight Returns' to anyone else but me? M"

Thats exactly what I thought. Maybe they did that on purpose.

Prodigal Son

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By Prodigal Son

I felt lost during the entire issue. I feel like I need to back an issue and start all over to figure out what's going on.

My though, in the Superman title (don't remember which one) Kal-El is told there is another Kryptonian on Earth (that he doesn't already know about), could this Supergirl be ti. That seems a bit too easy.

Personally, the most recent Supergirl has been my favorite, so if this is the "real" one coming to take up her rightful place then.........meh.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Methos

ohhh.... don't remember superman being told about another kryptonion on earth, as far as i knew there was only Superman and Supergirl...

personally i think this is fallout from Lex splitting supergirl into black and blue earlier on, she's the 'good' supergirl that wasn't combined into the mix...

dunno... but it's gonna be interesting figuring it out

M

Prodigal Son

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By Prodigal Son

Yeah, back a few months ago, Kal-El learned that there were more Kryptonians on Earth than he knew about. He's accounted for himself and Supergirl, and has ruled out Power Girl and Krypto. There's the Kryptonian boy, Christopher, that he and Lois have adopted (which is really Zod's son), so there's still another one he doesn't know about. Plus, we're still waiting to see what happens from the full-scale invasion by Zod and his minions as they all break out of the Phantom Zone.

I also just wonder if they're going to make any effort to tie together Supergirl's time in the future with the Legion of Superheroes, and the current arc in Justice League where some of the Legion has come back in time to "rescue someone." If the writers and editors have put any forethought and collaboration into the title where anyone with a "S" shield appears, it could turn out to be pretty wicked good.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Methos

maybe... could be interesting...

personally i don't really care for this supergirl for a variaty of reasons...

supergirl used to be everyones kid sister, she used to be innocent and full of life, now she's turned into a sex symbol who would sell kryptonion technology to the highest bidder, something superman has been really set against in the past.

M

Walkingstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Walkingstone

You know I was so ticked when I realised they were turning her into this messed up assassin type that I wrote a fan-fic about Kara and how she really was there to protect Kal-El, not kill him or manipulate things. It's all sweet and she's really a good kid.

Avatar image for cosmic_sentinel
    Cosmic Sentinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By Cosmic Sentinel

I agree with you on not liking how they turned her into more of a sexsymbol. We'll have to wait and see I guess. I haven't seen the sun go red in any other book, it's just Supergirl as far as I know.

It was the Auctioneer's scanners who said there were three Kryptonians. Power Girl was ruled out because she's from Earth 2 and Christopher wasn't on Earth at that point. All in Superman 662.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Methos

hmmm... so we have another kryptonion in the mix...

Superman, Supergirl and one other...

it's either this Supergirl as another kryptonion, or this Supergirl is Linda Danvers come back and we're still a kryptonion short...

hmmm, confusing

M

Starleafgirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#15  Edited By Starleafgirl

...I have three Supergirl #1 issues. '94 (Mae/Matrix), '96 (Linda Danvers), and this 2005 Supergirl. And now you tell me there's even more Supergirls?

Good lord, however will I keep track of them? I don't think Marvel has this problem as much as DC does... XD

Oh well, methos, I'll leave it up to you to keep me informed on the Supergirl page. ;)

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Methos

Starleafgirl says:

"...I have three Supergirl #1 issues. '94 (Mae/Matrix), '96 (Linda Danvers), and this 2005 Supergirl. And now you tell me there's even more Supergirls? Good lord, however will I keep track of them? I don't think Marvel has this problem as much as DC does... XD Oh well, methos, I'll leave it up to you to keep me informed on the Supergirl page. ;)"

wahay another supergirl fan :)

i've got them all from the first Supergirl issue, right back in action comics when jimmy olsen wished her into existance to the latest stuff

i'll be updating the supergirl page when i've got some time, i've still got a ton of Supergirls to put on there

M

Starleafgirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#17  Edited By Starleafgirl

Awesome, M, thanks! :)

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Methos

heh, Supergirl page and the Doctor Who page are my pet projects...

give me time and i'll have them both fully uptodate :)

M

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.