How Has Supergirl's Relationship To Superman Changed?

• 55 results
#51 Posted by TransgressionsofSociety (195 posts) - - Show Bio

I guess they want to add more dynamic conflicts. Things that are way better than intergalactic wars and stuff from before.

#52 Edited by zmq127911 (7 posts) - - Show Bio

@haydenclaireheroes said:

I hope these two reconcile soon because I think they both need each other. I hope to see their friendship grow after a couple more issues. But they need to learn to trust each other.

That is exactly what I am thinking !

#53 Posted by Herokiller12344 (999 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd be rather okay if they had an incest thing going....I mean there have been worse things in comics.

#54 Posted by Celineness (134 posts) - - Show Bio

What I find unbelievable is that a girl born and raised on Krypton would:

1) Not freak out about her powers.

2) Resort to fisticuffs quickly.

3) Have ANY REMOTE POSSIBILITY of landing a blow on a guy who has all her powers, knows what they are and has been fist-fighting for his life for over a decade.

I call bullshit. Women's lib. isn't an excuse for nonsense. She shouldn't even CONSIDER fighting another person except as a last resort, and even then she should suck at it. She is, after all, a 15yo girl raised on a space utopia planet. She may be strong enough for it not to matter against normal creeps, but her willingness and ability to box with Superman is ridiculous.

I agree with 1 and 2, but honestly 2 is a criticism you can level at pretty much any character in any mainstream comic ever. The frequency that supposedly wise and moral people with superpowers resort to fisticuffs can be hilarious sometimes.

As for 3 - everyone knows that Superman's fighting technique is to deliberate stand and take a couple of shots from his attacker(s), gauge what level of holding back he'll need to employ to not kill them instantly, and THEN start fighting back/dodging blows. That's just what he does, and it gets him into trouble sometimes when he confronts someone who's actually very powerful.

It's always fun when reading Superman or watching a Superman cartoon to reflect on how many times he would be killed outright by his unwillingness to dodge attacks properly, if he was a regular person.

#55 Posted by Celineness (134 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd be rather okay if they had an incest thing going....I mean there have been worse things in comics.

Well it wouldn't be incest now, since the copy of her who was actually Kal's cousin got atomised. Not that this makes your comment any less disturbing or the topic necromancy any less odd :)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.