Follow

Supergirl

Character » Supergirl appears in 3428 issues.

Kara Zor-El is Superman's cousin and last survivor of Krypton's Argo City. She has a brash and defiant personality that she developed in response to the destruction of Krypton. Currently, she's operating out of National City alongside the D.E.O.

has super girl been over shadowed

SpaceCadet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SpaceCadet

By other kryptonian female characters

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#2  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
    @SpaceCadet said:

By other kryptonian female characters

no, as there is none
    BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By BatteredArmor

Not market wise, or in other media, or even in the DCU, but its possible that Power Girl has more comic reading fans than Super girl. I certainly like Powergirl more but there aren't people who have never read a comic wearing shirts with her name on it so that says it all

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
    @BlackArmor said:

Not market wise, or in other media, or even in the DCU, but its possible that Power Girl has more comic reading fans than Super girl. I certainly like Powergirl more but there aren't people who have never read a comic wearing shirts with her name on it so that says it all

it's the same character though 
    SpaceCadet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By SpaceCadet

@spiderbat87: if it was the same chracter they would share not only the same name but the same body

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By BatteredArmor

@spiderbat87 said:

Different dimensions, different looks, different potential, different personality, different affiliations, different costumes, different experiences, different character

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#7  Edited By ReVamp

@BlackArmor said:

@spiderbat87 said:

Different dimensions, different looks, different potential, different personality, different affiliations, different costumes, different experiences, different character

Agreed.

Kal'smahboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By Kal'smahboi

No? She's the only one (most of the time.)

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
    @SpaceCadet said:

@spiderbat87: if it was the same chracter they would share not only the same name but the same body

@ReVamp said:

@BlackArmor said:

@spiderbat87 said:

Agreed.

She is still Super Girl from another dimension 
    SpaceCadet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By SpaceCadet

The Characters from an entirely different (ALTERNATE) dimension, just because she might share exact dna with super girl doesn't mean their the same character.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By z3ro180

@Kal'smahboi: i was just woundering is superman more powerful than super girl. as in has more skill in the use of them or is over all more powerfull. Also in the new 52 superman is about 24-25 and superirl is about 18-20 years old.When she left kryton superman was a baby so she was his older cusion and then when she woke up superman was as a siad 24 - 25 years old so in a technycal sence is superman older than super gril so in other words would super girl no longer be his ''older'' cousion.?? Oh and in the new 52 superseris can he stay in space with out that breathing thing?

Kal'smahboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Kal'smahboi
    @Z3RO180: I actually haven't been reading Supergirl's book, so bear with me, but here are the usual answers to your questions: 
    1. Superman is more powerful than Supergirl. He has been exposed to yellow sunlight longer and is more experienced with his powers. He's also a male of the species so, if they're anything like humans, that should help him too. 
    2. Supergirl was born before Superman but she was in a state of stasis in her rocket for most of Kal-El's life. Therefore, she appears younger and has not aged, but is technically older than him.
    3. What they've done in the past is say that yellow-sun powered Kryptonians cannot breathe in space, but can hold their breath for extended periods, but I don't know if that will remain true. It tends to shift from writer to writer. Also, their durability helps them not burst from their own internal pressure in the vacuum of space.
    Did that help?
    z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By z3ro180

@Kal'smahboi: dude that answerd all my questions. Thoses questions have been bugging me for mounths. I was just two lazy to ask them till now ;D

Kal'smahboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Kal'smahboi
    @Z3RO180 said:

@Kal'smahboi: dude that answerd all my questions. Thoses questions have been bugging me for mounths. I was just two lazy to ask them till now ;D

Hey, no problem. What else are Viners for? ;) Anything else, don't hesitate to ask.
    dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#15  Edited By dernman

@Kal'smahboi: I'd think he is more powerful and should be but writers keep trying to make her more powerful.

Pre flashpoint When she first apeared it was said she absorbed energy better then he did.DCnU the writer said in ways she will be more powerful. She will have all his powers and more.

I think it''s stupid if she is more powerful.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By z3ro180

@Kal'smahboi: yea one last question i kind of know that this supes wil be more powerfull than the last supes cause he is younger and has a better costume any way back on topic SPOILER WARNING in actio comics 2 supes has steel hard skin then in action comics six when future supes has to save past supes the leigion says that the villens in his head dont want to be crushed be invurnable brain tisue so my question is is the superman in the new 52 superman invurnable?? also how does he cut his hair if it cant be cut?

Kal'smahboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Kal'smahboi
    @Dernman: I agree. You don't make a secondary, related character and make her more powerful than the original. Might as well kill him off. Even if she does gain powers that he can't, or if she becomes stronger, she'll never be able to take his place though. His adversaries fear him because of his strength, but his friends look up to him for a completely different reason :)

@Z3RO180: Invulnerability is a funny word to use, and the writers even do it. He isn't invulnerable, that's ridiculous. He is simply very very very durable. Anyone strong enough can hurt him and anything sharp and hard enough can cut him. As far as cutting his hair and shaving, they've come up with a couple creative ways for him to pull it off, considering scissors can't quite cut it (see what i did there?) Classically, he's used his own heat vision and a reflector.
    No Caption Provided
    z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By z3ro180

@Kal'smahboi: ok tanks again for the answers mate :D

Kal'smahboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Kal'smahboi
    @Z3RO180: No problem, pal.
    confirukia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By confirukia

@Kal'smahboi:

1)superman isnt stronger than supergirl.superman suppressed his power when he was younger to fit in.supergirl is the one that actually epericance the yellow son on her space ship

stephens2177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By stephens2177

i wouldnt be worried about other female kryptonians or superman overshadowing kara,its superboy she should be worried about.they are roughly the same age,but kon is her equal already,even with her SUPERcharged for 5 years he still is.she is one Parasite draining away from her being back at levels lower than kal was at the beginning of action comics,jumping around,not flying.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#22  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@confirukia said:

@Kal'smahboi:

1)superman isnt stronger than supergirl.superman suppressed his power when he was younger to fit in.supergirl is the one that actually epericance the yellow son on her space ship

Wrong.

Superman > Supergirl. It's been proven.

moywar700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By moywar700

No, Supergirl is more iconic and legendary than Powergirl.There was a vote on 3 characters and who gets to be in Injustice Gods Among Us.It was a choose between Batgirl,Supergirl, or Powergirl.Powergirl only won because of her stupid boobs.I was so mad that didn't pick Supergirl.

marvel123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By marvel123

she's over shadowed by wonder woman

akbogert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 31

#25  Edited By akbogert

@moywar700: That strikes me as a rather dumb vote. All three characters would be fun to play as.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By w0nd

@Kal'smahboi:

No Caption Provided

bloggerboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@SpaceCadet

said:

@ReVamp

said:

@BlackArmor said:

@spiderbat87 said:

Agreed.

Based on that logic Superman and Ultraman are the same. Or Superman and Superboy Prime.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous said:

@SpaceCadet

said:

@ReVamp

said:

@BlackArmor said:

@spiderbat87 said:

Agreed.

Based on that logic Superman and Ultraman are the same. Or Superman and Superboy Prime.

They are

bloggerboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By bloggerboy

@bloggerboy said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

@SpaceCadet

said:

@ReVamp

said:

@BlackArmor said:

@spiderbat87 said:

Agreed.

They are

We can agree that Power Girl is Earth 2's Supergirl. However as characters of fiction they are different entitites. While they share similar origins and powers and a reasoning that they are the same being just from different dimensions. The choices these characters have made, their personality, even their look and the friends they hang out with make them different characters. That's why you can have both Supergirl and Power Girl in the same story.

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
    amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

The problem is that comics have so many characters in the same universe that are carbon copies of each other.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.