EARTH 2 Supergirl Costume Design Revealed

• 74 results
Posted by G-Man (18889 posts) - - Show Bio

This week we've been seeing a lot of character designs for the upcoming EARTH 2 and WORLD'S FINEST series. So far we've seen designs for Batman, Robin and Wonder Woman. Today, DC revealed the costume design for Supergirl by Kevin Maguire.

Here's what EARTH 2 writer James Robinson had to say:

Superman’s cousin loves her adopted world with a passion, seeing how the people of Earth have adopted her and taken her to their hearts. She is the definitely brightest light among this first group of Earth 2 heroes.

But who is this Supergirl? How does she relate to Power Girl? Here's what WORLD'S FINEST editor Wil Moss had to say:

Meet the Earth 2 Supergirl, aka Karen Starr. As readers of MISTER TERRIFIC already know, Karen has been busy since she arrived on the main DCU Earth, creating a successful company and dating the brilliant Michael Holt. But what are her true motives behind those actions? How did she get here? And what incident prompts her to take up her new identity of Power Girl? Find out in WORLDS’ FINEST #1!
#1 Posted by daak1212 (7866 posts) - - Show Bio

Why'd they draw her with camel toe?

#2 Posted by jsphsmth (1136 posts) - - Show Bio

So excited to read Worlds' Finest.

#3 Posted by doordoor123 (3721 posts) - - Show Bio

Where the frick are the big three?! James Robinson promised us Wildcat, Flash and Green Lantern. (I don't call them by their "real" names because these are the originals to me)

#4 Posted by wowylied (238 posts) - - Show Bio

Still not really sure about his one, i hope they will keep the funny part in the character.

So we will have superman, superboy, supergirl, powergirl, apollo, martian manhunter, shazam, jenny quantum ( and maybe the doctor from the authority), captain atom, firestorm and the flash on earth...good luck finding someone to beat that, DC really like godly characters...

#5 Posted by UltimateSMfan (1507 posts) - - Show Bio

@daak1212 said:

Why'd they draw her with camel toe?

are u serious? ur the first comment n thats wat u ask? LOL!

@jsphsmth said:

So excited to read Worlds' Finest.

totally this and Earth 2!

#6 Posted by The Stegman (26005 posts) - - Show Bio

this is getting more and more interesting by the moment.

#7 Posted by cagedleo730 (244 posts) - - Show Bio

Now that I look at it again, that camel toe comment is hilarious.

#8 Posted by umbrafeline (5217 posts) - - Show Bio

this has the jamz seal of approval :-)

#9 Posted by inferiorego (28275 posts) - - Show Bio

@doordoor123 said:

Where the frick are the big three?! James Robinson promised us Wildcat, Flash and Green Lantern. (I don't call them by their "real" names because these are the originals to me)

QFT

Staff
#10 Edited by damswedon (499 posts) - - Show Bio

What makes this any different from normal Supergirl? GOD DAMN YOU DC!! Would you stop ramming The big three and their spin-offs/side-kicks down our throats, and show us the characters that would make the Earth-2 books interesting.

I've gone from really wanting to read Earth-2 stories to just not caring, fast.

#11 Posted by Sakurafire (59 posts) - - Show Bio

And here I though the point of Earth-2 was to read about different versions of the main Earth characters? Supergirl-2/Power Girl sounds like the normal Supergirl we've been reading about.

DC, mix it up a bit, why'don'cha?

#12 Edited by snowtires (28 posts) - - Show Bio

ahahahahahhahaha did someone's kid draw this? it looks like this is the version of supergirl that would guest star in a straight-to-dvd video called something like 'supergirl's bible adventures!'

#13 Posted by LordRequiem (1323 posts) - - Show Bio

It's apparent that the aforementioned wardrobe malfunction is the catalyst for her transition to Power Girl. Lol.

#14 Posted by Adnan (1021 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sakurafire: I imagine you won't have to read about this Supergirl too much though, 'cos we know she ends up in the main reality as Powergirl. Same with Helena Wayne/Robin.

Makes me wonder if they're gonna do a '5 years ago' style thing like with JL.

#15 Posted by Baddamdog (2212 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks like it was drawn on paint

#16 Edited by FoxxFireArt (3404 posts) - - Show Bio

Not a great first impression, but that's probably due to the fact this looks as if it was colored using MS Paint. The others looked really cool as the sketch work.

#17 Posted by KnightRise (4762 posts) - - Show Bio

Man i was really hoping that earth 2's main heros would be jay garrick and allan scott, all badass and experienced but still happy to do their jobs, and the new genration would be dick grayson as kind of a robin-batman hybrid (read: nightwing), power girl with boob window in abundance, and huntress. Dont get me wrong i absolutely love the darker, broody new 52 but i really wanted some whimsy and adventure out of earth 2...or at least get power girl half naked agian :(

#18 Posted by the_fallen11 (635 posts) - - Show Bio

:( where are my Earth-2 Jay Garrick and Allen Scott designs?

#19 Posted by Trodorne (2498 posts) - - Show Bio

@doordoor123 said:

YES!

#20 Posted by mr_frosty (7 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow... people still use MacPaint?

#21 Posted by Arevish (297 posts) - - Show Bio

What's wrong with the color? This looks so fake

#22 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6836 posts) - - Show Bio

Well this is just effin' confusing me now. Are this Earth-2 Supergirl and Power Girl one and the same or not? Its cryptic what's being said by Moss. Saw this this morning and its just making my head spin now. What started as simple for the Earth-2 reality is now becoming complicated. And yes, where in the bleepin' bleepity bleep bleep are the big three? Where are Garrick, Grant and Scott? Seriously...this is just getting to be weird now.

#23 Posted by gangly (106 posts) - - Show Bio

THIS HAS TO BE A MISTAKE!

The costume design itself is okay enough (sans the plastic man belt) but the quality of the colors, inks, and even the lines is atrocious.

What could have went wrong? DC uploaded the wrong image and now can't take it down? There has to be some explanation for this.

#24 Posted by Afro_Warrior (1120 posts) - - Show Bio

@RedheadedAtrocitus:

Yes they are one in the same. On Earth-2 she went by the name Supergirl, but when she came to Earth-0 (Main DCU) she changed her superhero name to Powergirl(I'm assuming because she realised having, two supergirls flying around would raise suspicion).

#25 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (12592 posts) - - Show Bio

Just watch, tomorrow they're going to release the Superman photo and that'll be it. We wont hear about the JSA artwork until late april. Massive uproar.

#26 Posted by cagedleo730 (244 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sakurafire This Supergirl (Earth 2) sounds nothing like new52 Supergirl. Right now she can't speak English, doesn't fully trust Kal and barely knows her own powers. Karen Starr's Supergirl looks more cheerful and sounds more positive according to the blurb.

#27 Posted by ComicMan24 (147037 posts) - - Show Bio

Not so crazy about it but maybe it will look better when it is properly drawn.

#28 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (35016 posts) - - Show Bio

Do people not realise that Supergirl and Powergirl have always been the same person?

#29 Posted by The Mighty Monarch (2137 posts) - - Show Bio

OH MY OIHLUKSHUAK GOD THE FREAKING COLORS. MY EYES. TOO FRICKIN BRIGHT.

Was this drawn in MS Paint then colored with highlighters? God.

Design is kind of nice I guess.

#30 Posted by Shanana (53448 posts) - - Show Bio

ugh

#31 Posted by MonkeyToe (386 posts) - - Show Bio

@gangly said:

THIS HAS TO BE A MISTAKE!

The costume design itself is okay enough (sans the plastic man belt) but the quality of the colors, inks, and even the lines is atrocious.

What could have went wrong? DC uploaded the wrong image and now can't take it down? There has to be some explanation for this.

Don't you think it's just likely a rough design and not actual artwork from the book?

#32 Posted by Skywarpgold (55 posts) - - Show Bio

The design's ok I guess, but it really looks like a crayon drawing or something.

#33 Edited by pikahyper (12703 posts) - - Show Bio

wth is that !!! it looks like a reject from the original Super Friends cartoon >_<

That is in no way up to DC's or any large publishers standards no matter how rough it is, releasing something like that too the public (especially as promotional material) is just unprofessional and insulting.

#34 Posted by Billy Batson (58319 posts) - - Show Bio

LOLOLOLOLOL
BB

#35 Posted by MonkeyToe (386 posts) - - Show Bio

@pikahyper said:

wtf is that !!! it looks like a reject from the original Super Friends cartoon >_<

That is in no way up to DC's or any large publishers standards no matter how rough it is, releasing something like that too the public (especially as promotional material) is just unprofessional and insulting.

/facepalm

#36 Posted by Mrakbarman (65 posts) - - Show Bio

To be honest, its terrible. Atleast the others were good...

#37 Posted by Or35ti (1101 posts) - - Show Bio

So wait does this mean that the Earth 2 titles takes place before Supergirl and Robin (Power Girl and Huntress) make their way to the mainstream Earth in Worlds' Finest?

#38 Posted by pspin (894 posts) - - Show Bio

Good design, this seems like a sketch color wise, not a finished product. Either way Earth 2 and Worlds Finest look great!!!

#39 Posted by pikahyper (12703 posts) - - Show Bio

Now I know what it reminds me of, those super cheap coloring books made in Mexico and sold in like $0.99 stores, Big Lots and the occasional super ghetto K-Mart.

I'm a huge Maguire fan and I've seen his sketches and mock-ups before and they have never been this bad, it makes no sense.

#40 Posted by KidSupreme (826 posts) - - Show Bio

I was hoping she would have a skirt!

#41 Posted by Kal'smahboi (3567 posts) - - Show Bio

Too many pentagons. Just because their symbol is in a pentagon doesn't mean they need to be covered in them.

#42 Posted by azza04 (1492 posts) - - Show Bio

That is just really bad... and I don't get it, are they saying this Supergirl here is the Karen Star who appeared in Mister Terrific?

#43 Posted by Video_Martian (5562 posts) - - Show Bio

... I've already seen this before...

#44 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (35016 posts) - - Show Bio
@azza04 said:

That is just really bad... and I don't get it, are they saying this Supergirl here is the Karen Star who appeared in Mister Terrific?

Well, yea! Didn't you know that?
#45 Posted by BatWatch (3038 posts) - - Show Bio

The colors look awful, and the costume design itself is mediocre.

Seriously, what is up with the camel toe? Sometimes I'm embarrassed to like comics.

#46 Posted by seshses (3 posts) - - Show Bio

I love the chest emblem but i have a soft spot for Supergirl with the mini-skirt, see Micheal turner version

#47 Posted by xkoenig (385 posts) - - Show Bio

The art has a strong stylistic resemblance to Amanda Conner! I wonder if they deliberately chose Kevin Maguire for that reason?

#48 Edited by WarmerDays (5 posts) - - Show Bio

@pikahyper: A "Super Friends cartoon", I had the same exact thought when I first saw this drawing!

#49 Posted by Bestostero (5590 posts) - - Show Bio

i hope Mr. Terrific will be in this too...? lol

#50 Posted by The Mighty Monarch (2137 posts) - - Show Bio

@PsychoKnights: Not to mention the shadowing there makes it look like her crotch is a little damp...

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.