Follow

Supergirl

Character » Supergirl appears in 3428 issues.

Kara Zor-El is Superman's cousin and last survivor of Krypton's Argo City. She has a brash and defiant personality that she developed in response to the destruction of Krypton. Currently, she's operating out of National City alongside the D.E.O.

Could a Supergirl Movie work?

• 63 results
    sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By sethysquare
    @WarMachineMarkV: It cant be used for comparison. Superman Returns was stated to have 207 million production on wikipedia. Box office mojo probably has it wrong. Plus SR is a continuation of the donner verse and its harder for a comparison since it tends to be not as popular in threatres. But DVD sales are usually very high. A good comparison would be Man of Steel coming out next year.
    majestic99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#52  Edited By majestic99

@LordMaverick said:

@majestic99: i think it would be a nice reprieve from the just superman films.

Agreed.

@Onemoreposter said:

@majestic99: It didn't work the first time ...

But at least Helen Slater was a babe!

Good writers and decent budget=anything is possible.

m99

Raiiyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#53  Edited By Raiiyn

@lykopis: Don't be so negative, sugah. Don't hate on the girl because she is just sooo amazing. Give her a decent writer and you're good to go. If a movie like Twilight could gross $382,133,300 worldwide and generate such a cult following... Anything is possible. I bet if they throw Edward in the plot line, the tickets will sell like hotcakes.

Hawkeye446

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#54  Edited By Hawkeye446

@Raiiyn said:

@lykopis: Don't be so negative, sugah. Don't hate on the girl because she is just sooo amazing. Give her a decent writer and you're good to go. If a movie like Twilight could gross $382,133,300 worldwide and generate such a cult following... Anything is possible. I bet if they throw Edward in the plot line, the tickets will sell like hotcakes.

What Raiiyn wants, Raiiyn get's.

@lykopis: What's so funny?

No Caption Provided

Just kidding :D

Hawkeye446

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#55  Edited By Hawkeye446

@lykopis: b... lond... e?

I'm not getting it.

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#56  Edited By fodigg

There needs to be a good comic book film with a female lead. DC especially needs one as they hold the title for the worst with the awful Catwoman. A Supergirl title would work, but I'd argue that it shouldn't have Superman in it or you'd lose the feel of "female lead." Maybe throw him into a post-credits scene with them meeting each other.

• Pitch One: Kara's rocket was also supposed to go to Earth, but got hijacked and sent to Apokolips instead. She was raised to be a member of the Furies alongside Barda, but along with Barda and Mister Miracle leads a revolt and escapes to Earth (the last planet to successfully resist Darkseid) in a boom tube before scuttling the boom tube tech in order to prevent another invasion of Earth.
    • Pitch Two: Kara was trapped along with the rest of Kandor when Colu (Brainiac) collected it. Within the bottled city, Kara leads a youth revolution against the panicked city leaders who have implemented martial law to try and control the situation, eventually working together with the few sensible adults who are focused on escape. When Colu sends his micro-minion robots into the city to keep the peace and prevent the destruction of his precious keepsake, they all join forces to rebel the invaders. Colu decides he's better off just freezing the city, and successfully does so by overpowering the city inhabitants, but not before Kara manages to escape, enlarge, and hop a rocket toward Earth, which was determined as a destination when the computer couldn't find Krypton and locked onto the only other Kryptonian signature it could find.
    • Pitch Three: Kara is a clone of Kal El by Cadmus who operates in secret and as a fail-safe against the world's emerging super hero population. After clashing with and tearing apart (under command words) another hero (doesn't really matter who), she goes rogue and Cadmus activates their second clone, Galatea (Power Girl), who is physically older and more powerful. The two have a couple knock-down drag-out brawls, but eventually Kara (with the help of a sympathetic Guardian) breaks the mental control over both her and PG and they both trash Cadmus and reveal themselves officially to the world as independent heroes. Leaves off with introductions to the movie JLA characters and the discovery that Cadmus has other facilities and cloning labs they want to shut down/liberate (e.g., Superboy).
    x_29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

User Lists: 0

#57  Edited By x_29

They already made a supergirl movie. It sucked donkey balls

htb106

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#58  Edited By htb106

probably not but it would be absoloutely amazing!

I say probably not because the film companies tend to struggle making supporting cast characters...

Delphic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

User Lists: 18

#59  Edited By Delphic

@tron_bonne said:

They already have!

x_29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#60  Edited By x_29

There is already a supergirl movie. It sucked donkey balls.

fempowah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By fempowah

lol NO not a supergirl movie. I saw the old one. It was a disaster. nobody in this day and age is going to watch a supergirl movie. that was once in a life time event

Skewer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Skewer

A supergirl movie could work as long as it doesn't end up like last time. This video here reviews that movie while showing how not to do a supergirl movie. http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7NF5o8M-SH8

Avatar image for teamunitednerds
    TeamUnitedNerds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 7

#63  Edited By TeamUnitedNerds

The last one was so unbearable, I honestly doubt it. I wouldn't want to see a film adaption of her at all, actually. I'd rather have Superman and Zod be the only kryptonians in the Man of Steel continuity. However, I'm a bit surprised that she hasn't appeared on Young Justice yet

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.