graphiccasualfreak's Supergirl #55 - Fakeouts review

Not as Super as I'd Hope

First and Foremost I'd like to say that I haven't read Supergirl for a while.  But I guess this wasn't the issue to return with.  The cover by Amy Reeder Hadley is wonderful.  But the art within is pretty terrible at times.  The dialog from the Bizarro stuff is absolutely terrible.  Bizarro speech is supposed to be opposite.  The writers acknowledge this here and there but over all they ignore it.  Perhaps for coherence but it is still jarring when it pops up after they've ignored it overall.  As a character I absolutely love Supergirl.  She is one of my favorite heroes in the DCU.  But this issue didn't do her any favors.