duo_forbidden's Supergirl #54 - Looking Glass review

It's a bird, it's a plane, it's Bizarro Supergirl

Pros:

I enjoyed the first couple of pages with Jimmy Olsen as although he doesn't have powers, that doesn't stop him from trying to save someone along with doing his job.

It doesn't take long for Kara to suit up again, as I thought she would maybe in the next issue but, since she knows who causing mayhem in Metropolis, it should me appropriate for her to at least stop her bizarro self.

Last issue, I did complain about who was the big reveal of Bizarro Supergirl, but luckily in this issue, I found her most interesting. I totally forgot that most of Bizarro's version powers are the opposite (heat vision to freeze vision Ice breath to fire breath) and there was one power I didn't think about Bizarro having until the last page.

The artwork is good. There's some good detail work with the characters clothing. I do like the Bizarro Supergirl's tattered costume and face as its the complete opposite of Supergirl.

Cons:

I'm kind of surprised me that there's no mention of Superwoman aka Lucy Lane in this issue. I'm sure Sterling Gates has something else in mind for her, but my main concern is where the mysterious police officer with the kid plays a role considering that there's already Bizarro Supergirl. Next issue should explain more hopefully.

Overall: This was a better issue than I thought it would be. There was a couple of reveals in this issue that should effect Supergirl's life later. Can't wait for the next issue.

Posted by Silkcuts

don't read supergirl, but this sounds fun