YJ:Superboy dosen't age?

  • 0 results
  • 1
  • 2
#1 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio

As you all know by now, its been 5 years since the first season and everyone has aged( Miss Martian can shape-shift, so it doesn't really matter), but Superboy pratically looks the same.WTF? And not kryptonians start to age slowly when they reach adulthood. So Are they doing what they did back in the 90's with Superboy?(Sins of the Youth?)

#2 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

Well to be fair lets look at it this way:

  • Zatanna: Seems a bit taller and has a different hair cut
  • Rocket: The Same
  • Miss Martian: The Same

THe only one that's really changed a lot is Dick Grayson, so I think its safe to say that there's really nothing wrong with Superboy, he's just like the other characters. Not to mention how weird it would be if Connor was really tall and old, it would just be awkward. Lastly, was only a couple months old, so his age is definitely screwed up, which means that there's definitely the possibility that there is a reasoning behind his difference, or lack of thereof.

#3 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio
@ReVamp: He should look likt this by now.
#4 Posted by The Stegman (24644 posts) - - Show Bio

Well he is a clone, maybe he was genetically modified to age at a slower rate

#5 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

I would hate that. And no one looks that old regardless.

#6 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Stegman: Not sure, unless its that stuck at 16 plot from the 90's. But shoulden't anyone noticed by now?
 
@ReVamp
Dick kinda looks 20. Wally is probably Flash by now.
#7 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

@Primmaster64: Dick is 18 and I doubt Wally is the Flash. From what we've seen, no one looks that old. Dick is the only one that's changed, and that's only because there's a robin there.

#8 Posted by The Stegman (24644 posts) - - Show Bio
@Primmaster64:  
 

@The Stegman : Not sure, unless its that stuck at 16 plot from the 90's. But shoulden't anyone noticed by now? 

Well it has been five years, maybe they already noticed and have addressed the problem, only time and future episodes will tell.
#9 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio
@ReVamp: 5 years is 5 years man. A  LOT can happen in 5 years.
 
@The Stegman said:
@Primmaster64:  
 

@The Stegman : Not sure, unless its that stuck at 16 plot from the 90's. But shoulden't anyone noticed by now? 

Well it has been five years, maybe they already noticed and have addressed the problem, only time and future episodes will tell.

Doesn't look like it...
#10 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

@Primmaster64: That's true, but it didn't happen for anyone else. If the show doesn't want to portray big physical changes, then big changes aren't going to happen.

#11 Posted by The Stegman (24644 posts) - - Show Bio
@Primmaster64: what do you mean doesn't look like it?
#12 Edited by YoggSaron (812 posts) - - Show Bio

While Superboy does look like he hasn't aged a day and I don't like the idea of him being stuck at the biological age of sixteen, I believe the outlier isn't Superboy, but rather Dick Grayson. He's supposedly eighteen, but he looks quite a bit older, though his voice seems to be stuck at thirteen. He even appears taller than Batman (even though Dick in the comics is significantly shorter than Bruce, even as an adult). The artists just messed up on him, rather than Superboy.

#13 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio
@ReVamp: I bet you a Superman blue comic that when Wally and Atermis show up, they will look like adults,no they will be adults...
#14 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Stegman: They don't seemed to acknowledge that Superboy looks the same...( But you are right, maybe in future episodes).
 
@YoggSaron
Dick and Conner had the same height.
#15 Posted by The Stegman (24644 posts) - - Show Bio
@Primmaster64: No, what I mean was, maybe sometime during the five year skip they ALREADY acknowledged it and now they're so used to it it's not a big deal. 
#16 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

@Primmaster64: That's irrelevant. With the information we have, all you can extrapolate is that he's being treated like everyone else in the series.

#17 Posted by The Poet (8338 posts) - - Show Bio

oh, lovely...I should really watch this new episode...

Moderator
#18 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio
@ReVamp: ...I was talking about Wally...
 
@The Stegman
...That's what I meant dude... :/
#19 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

@Primmaster64: I know, and I said its irrelevant because he hasn't shown up. There's no point to speculating.

#20 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio
@ReVamp: That's true...But if he does...you will owe me a giant chocolate cookie.
#21 Posted by Z3RO180 (6589 posts) - - Show Bio

@Primmaster64: if this is the new 52 teen titans and superboy happen in the current time line with superman and not 5 years in the past.

Online
#22 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio

What?

#23 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@Primmaster64: I understand the concern of basically everyone having noticeable change but how exactly would Connor age without looking exactly like Clark? It would be far too confusing IMO.

Moderator
#24 Posted by Superlad93 (46 posts) - - Show Bio
@Deranged Midget: Exactly!!!! 
 
In the show Superman was in his mid to late 20s at the start. So now Superboy would have to be at least 6 ft tall and have an aged face something like Superman's. Thought I don't feel like it would be that confusing because there would be a few differences. But this does support the "he hasn't aged" thing. 
#25 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio
@Deranged Midget: Looking like this.
#26 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@Primmaster64: I don't know dude, that's basically Superman age. Connor and the rest of the team are still basically young adults. He shouldn't look like that YET.

Btw, love your av!

Moderator
#27 Posted by Mortacai (39 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe those patches he got from Lex that stopped his human DNA somehow affected the rate at which he ages.

#28 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio
@Deranged Midget: Superman in the cartoon is 33. Kon should be like 6'4 or something.
 
Thanks XD you're too.
 
@Mortacai
Could be.
#29 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@Primmaster64: Connor should be what, 21 now? Even in his comic showings, he's never as tall as Clark.

Moderator
#30 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio
@Deranged Midget:
#31 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@Primmaster64: What does that even prove? He isn't exactly standing beside anyone of significant height? And aren't the majority of those pictures of an alternate universe Kon-El?

Moderator
#32 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio

Let's see what happens...But so far...That really irritates me.

#33 Edited by redwingx (844 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp said:

@Primmaster64: Dick is 18 and I doubt Wally is the Flash. From what we've seen, no one looks that old. Dick is the only one that's changed, and that's only because there's a robin there.

Wally's birthday was just a few episode's ago, he turned 16. It's been a 5 years time-skip so hes 21 now and should be the Flash.

#34 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

@redwingx said:

@ReVamp said:

@Primmaster64: Dick is 18 and I doubt Wally is the Flash. From what we've seen, no one looks that old. Dick is the only one that's changed, and that's only because there's a robin there.

Wally's birthday was just a few episode's ago, he turned 16. It's been a 5 years time-skip so hes 21 now and should be the Flash.

That's an assumption on your part though, there's nothing to suggest that Barry isn't the Flash.

#35 Posted by cattlebattle (12825 posts) - - Show Bio
@Primmaster64 said:
As you all know by now, its been 5 years since the first season and everyone has aged( Miss Martian can shape-shift, so it doesn't really matter), but Superboy pratically looks the same.WTF? And not kryptonians start to age slowly when they reach adulthood. So Are they doing what they did back in the 90's with Superboy?(Sins of the Youth?)
Hello my friend
 
Maybe it relieve you to know that Cartoon Network put new bios up and apparently Suberboys aging problem is addressed 
 
 
As a side effect of the cloning process, Conner Kent will never visibly age. He's still a powerhouse, but he's learning to control his temper. Powers: Super Strength, Infrared Vision
#36 Posted by Kallarkz (3303 posts) - - Show Bio

Will NEVER visibly age? That's a little extreme....they could have simply said that it is delayed or slowed....not never visibly age

#37 Posted by cattlebattle (12825 posts) - - Show Bio
@Kallarkz said:
Will NEVER visibly age? That's a little extreme....they could have simply said that it is delayed or slowed....not never visibly age
Perhaps it activates if something happens to Superman
#38 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio
@cattlebattle said:
@Primmaster64 said:
As you all know by now, its been 5 years since the first season and everyone has aged( Miss Martian can shape-shift, so it doesn't really matter), but Superboy pratically looks the same.WTF? And not kryptonians start to age slowly when they reach adulthood. So Are they doing what they did back in the 90's with Superboy?(Sins of the Youth?)
Hello my friend
 
Maybe it relieve you to know that Cartoon Network put new bios up and apparently Suberboys aging problem is addressed 
 
 
As a side effect of the cloning process, Conner Kent will never visibly age. He's still a powerhouse, but he's learning to control his temper. Powers: Super Strength, Infrared Vision
....
#39 Posted by cattlebattle (12825 posts) - - Show Bio
@Primmaster64: Now you can watch the show without being vaulted into fits of nerd rage :)
#40 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio
@cattlebattle said:
@Primmaster64: Now you can watch the show without being vaulted into fits of nerd rage :)
... :(
#41 Posted by Ravager4 (1627 posts) - - Show Bio

So Superboy will be 16 forever? uh... okay then. Makes finding a long term girlfriend a little harder.

#42 Posted by cattlebattle (12825 posts) - - Show Bio
@Ravager4 said:

So Superboy will be 16 forever? uh... okay then. Makes finding a long term girlfriend a little harder.

Maybe he will start aging if Superman dies...............he was designed to "replace" Superman
#43 Posted by BlackArmor (6141 posts) - - Show Bio

@Primmaster64: You have your answer, now will you give the show another chance?

#44 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio
@BlackArmor: grrr....Alright...It still sucks though.
#45 Posted by BlackArmor (6141 posts) - - Show Bio

@Primmaster64 said:

@BlackArmor: grrr....Alright...It still sucks though.

Conner's predicament certainly does but I'm sure if you give season 2 time it'll grow on you, and who knows they may address his problem

#46 Posted by EnSabahNurX (2317 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackArmor said:

@Primmaster64 said:

@BlackArmor: grrr....Alright...It still sucks though.

Conner's predicament certainly does but I'm sure if you give season 2 time it'll grow on you, and who knows they may address his problem

I think that is their plan, its gonna be a pretty long season and he needed a conflict/subplot so aside from his issues with ms martians "habits" he will probably search for a cure

#47 Posted by Dernman (15160 posts) - - Show Bio

It's not something new. For awhile in the comic it was the same thing.

#48 Posted by Or35ti (1101 posts) - - Show Bio

Everything will make sense in due time. Hopefully all of our questions will be answered as well. I don't think the creators just assumed we'd forget Artemis, Kid Flash and Aqualad. That being said I do wish they didn't take the 5 years later route. I think all of this would seem so much more interesting meaningful if we actually got to see it develop.

#49 Posted by Dru_zod (213 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackArmor: Saw the New ep........He is........................FOREVER YOUNG.....

#50 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio
@BlackArmor: I think there's gonna be a Sin's of the Youth kinda storyline and it will fix this.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.