Follow

Kon-El

Character » Kon-El appears in 1740 issues.

Conner Kent, also known as Kon-El, is a human/Kryptonian hybrid clone of Superman and Lex Luthor created by N.O.W.H.E.R.E. for the purpose of being the mantle of Superman. Instead, he stuck to his own path, and became a member of the Teen Titans.

Tactile Telekinesis or Telekinesis?

Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Kallarkz

What is the difference between these two? As far as I had believed this power only could be used in the past when Superboy actually was in physical contact with something.

Now in the New 52 Superboy appears to be a full telekinetic. I'm not quite sure what the difference between his power set and someone like Hellions is.

Is there anyone who is more knowledgable about this topic able to enlighten me?

(Only the NEW Superboy in the NEW 52 please...not the old one)

KingofMadCows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By KingofMadCows

I believe the idea of tactile telekinesis is that Superboy can create a field around himself in which he can sense and manipulate things. However, he has no power outside that field.

There are both advantages and disadvantages compared to traditional telekinesis. Tactile telekinesis seems to be much more powerful but lack the range of traditional telekinesis.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By danhimself

you're going to have to get some info about the old Superboy to understand this

Superboy started out with just tactile telekinesis and it was very limited....he could touch machines and telekinetically disassemble them...now by expanding that field around his body he was able to mimic Superman's invulnerability, superstrength and flight....as his natural kryptonian abilities started to develop he started using his TK abilities less and less to the point where after his death and return he stopped using them altogether...when Superman asked him why he stated that he wanted to be like Superman and since Superman didn't have those abilities then he wouldn't use them...Superman convinced him otherwise and he started using them again and it seemed that they had developed from just tactile to full blown TK...he once used his TK to completely engulf Parasite in grains of wheat from the field that they were fighting in

now in the New 52 they seem to have changed his origins and powers a bit...he now has what appears to be full blown telekinesis which again mimics Superman's flight, super strength and invulnerability...though the invulnerability is no longer passive...meaning that if you're able to sneak up on him and attack him then he's just as vulnerable to that attack as anyone else

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By fodigg

I've noticed this too. Now all of his powers seem to spring from his telekinesis, which I'm actually okay with. He's like some sort of telekinetic brawler instead of a long-range TKer, which is how Cable has been written at times (certainly the run where he had the scimitar). Even before the DCnU reboot, they seemed to be stretching Conner's TK beyond just touch, such as in Johns' Teen Titans arc, "Titans of Tomorrow," which introduced the whole "touchdown" takedown where Superboy (in this case, Kon El as Superman) looks at you and blasts you to the ground.

They even specifically mention that he can create telekinetic "fields," not requiring touch:

Brit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Brit

just what is EXACTLY is his powers now in the New 52? i know of the old one but the current series is starting to be dragging. one momen he's invunerable then the second not. the portrayal of his powers, i think will be revealed when wh are told of WHAT is he EXACTLY... its just taking too damn long...

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By PrinceIMC

I like how he uses his telekinesis in the new 52. Understanding what people are saying in another room by feeling the vibration of their voices on the glass separating the rooms. That's badass.

Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Kallarkz

I am really enjoying how they are portraying his powers in the new 52. I also like his inner monologue...he will most defintley not be just a mini superman.

jrock85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By jrock85

I'd like to know if Lex is still his human donor.

Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Kallarkz

@brit superboy is a full telekinetic now in the new 52. He has just as fine control over it as major tk users we have seen in marvel but he is still learning how to control it. He brought a whole building down while unconscious. He was also able to lift 7 people in the air with ease while questioning them why they were bothering him. He has been seen to lift 3 tons without the use of his tk as well. The people in charge of nowhere state that his powers are growing everyday.

Jorgevy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By Jorgevy

From what Ive seen, they said in the N52 superboy that he has tactile, but Superboy himself explained that by touching the floor he could detect other people touching the floor as well. So, he may have tactile TK but his mind field around himself is capable of detecting objects/people that are touching something that the field is also touching (like the floor)

AnimePhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By AnimePhantom

Super boy's electromagnetic field just has more influence then others like any other kryptoian. Any other person could have hes Powers its just comic writers are dumb sometimes.

YeahYeahYeah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tactile TK=you have to touch an object to manipulate it with your telekinesis.

Glarinetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Glarinetta

I like his new TK powers.

stephens2177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tactile telekinesis - superman level TK that can perceive and manipulate everything.

Thats what it means now

AROSS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingofmadcows: The tactile telekinesis is a combat oriented, condition enhancing power. It increases his physical powers by granting him a superhuman physique similar to superman as well as other powers including flight, seismic sensing,blasts, shield and most powerful one of all, the disassembly, which instead of altering or bending any objects he touches into utterly destroying it by severing its bonds. The way he uses his power is similar to the jedi and the sith from star wars, except for the part, he has no lightsabers or lightning coming from his hands.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.