Follow

Kon-El

Character » Kon-El appears in 1740 issues.

Conner Kent, also known as Kon-El, is a human/Kryptonian hybrid clone of Superman and Lex Luthor created by N.O.W.H.E.R.E. for the purpose of being the mantle of Superman. Instead, he stuck to his own path, and became a member of the Teen Titans.

Superboy & Superman confusion

Omega-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Omega-Man

Ok so I'm a big fan of Superman not so much Superboy (Conner) But I do like his stories and so forth but I have some confusion about it ever since the rewrite of Superman's origin.

Ok in Adventure comics Conner had this journal stating if he was more like Luthor Or Clark, but one of the questons in that book confused me, it state that Luthor could be nervous around girls it was when he was seeing Wonder girl again. But Conner has never been nervous around girls if he is now then thats a big character change.

Also I noticed they never mention Tana Moon anymore what's up with that? I know she died and all but Conner never mentions her any more is she just erased from his past?

And one last thing The Legion comic when Conner wore a version of Superman's suit, is this still apart of Conner or has that changed also? It was a different legion to the now but still.

fedykin87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By fedykin87

They generally (and almost seem to purposely ) evade mentioning much of his earlier adventures. I general chalk that up to them either being unable to decide what to change about it to make it fit with the DCU now or that who ever is writing the Superboy comic right now just plain doesn't know much of it. There's a lot of stuff that after him that was either redone or completely written off when they revealed he was half Luthor and not just ignoring all the awesome thing he (and more so Match) could do with his Tactile Telekinesis were as now he basically just uses it to push and dissemble things away. The only real mentions you get of his past are jokes such as when Tim joked about his hair back then and mentions in passing like when he mentions once being the hero of Hawaii and when Krypto brought some of his rogue gallery to the farm for a couple of panels.

As for the girls thing, I think the writer just figured he was shy around her instead of being nervous and knowing where they stood since he was dead for a couple of years.

Conner being in the legion at one time is still in his history as the Legion and he both mention it and they act like friends around him back in LO3Ws though I'm not sure which of the Legions shown was the one he was a member of the current one running around did sort of hint to it being the same one but like the rest of Conner's past its not really brought up a lot.

Omega-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3  Edited By Omega-Man

I know Which Legion it was it's the one Brainiac 5 has those white marks on his face, thats the same Legion Conner wore Clark's suit. Though I have to admit it was basicly just being shy overall around girls, Conner never was shy around girls in fact he flirted around them often it's just now they are trying to make Conner more Clark like which kind of bothars me I mean yeah he's a clone and has simalar trats but overall he is his own person.

fedykin87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By fedykin87

I chalk is 'being more like Clark'  act as just god awful writing. Yes he's a half clone of Superman but thats only in the psychical sense he's never been a clone of him personality wise in fact, Conner's personality has always been that of the modern teenage boy. Its a bit on the jock side but its always been (and I hate using this term) more the Dean Winchester type of personality.  I just think that when it comes it that and a few others things they simply want him to model himself more after Clark so when he does become the next Superman he'd basically be just like him instead of his own person with his own personality and way of doing things.

AtraCruor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By AtraCruor

Well Blackest Night sorta retconned why Conner stopped using his TTK powers really.  Since they've been making him try to be so much like Clark, "his excuse" was that since Clark didn't have TTK he didn't want to use it cause it wasn't a power Superman had.  So hopefully with his own book they'll start bringing the stuff back.  The fight with parasite has me hopeful.

Icarusflies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 14

#6  Edited By Icarusflies  Moderator

@AtraCruor said:

Well Blackest Night sorta retconned why Conner stopped using his TTK powers really. Since they've been making him try to be so much like Clark, "his excuse" was that since Clark didn't have TTK he didn't want to use it cause it wasn't a power Superman had. So hopefully with his own book they'll start bringing the stuff back. The fight with parasite has me hopeful.

Oh yeah, his TTK has been playing a MAJOR role in stuff recently.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.