Follow

Kon-El

Character » Kon-El appears in 1740 issues.

Conner Kent, also known as Kon-El, is a human/Kryptonian hybrid clone of Superman and Lex Luthor created by N.O.W.H.E.R.E. for the purpose of being the mantle of Superman. Instead, he stuck to his own path, and became a member of the Teen Titans.

Superboy is the Son of Lois and Clark

TheMatch328

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By TheMatch328

So recently read the newest Superboy and I've really disliked Superboy so far but its getting kinda interesting.So I am going to talk about what I like and dislike. What I like is the fact that Superboy is a clone of Superman and Lois's son Jon Lane Kent. The three DNA's H'el was talking about was Superman, Lois Lane, and Jon Lane Kent. So instead of Superboy being Half Superman Half Lex Luthor is the Son of Lois Lane and Superman which I find actually very interesting. What I do not like is Harvest being apart of it hes got a great story but I think its very weird how they introduced it in Superman 19. I think Jon Kent Superman's Son is going to play a major role in the coming comics. He could possibly be the Superboy Prime of this new Multiverse or could the Kon-El we know now the Superboy Prime.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

cool.

Avatar image for bluelantern1995
    BlueLantern1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 26

Avatar image for beautifultemptress
    BeautifulTemptress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Good.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#6 dernman  Online

I do not want Jon Lane Kent. It's terrible idea.

stephens2177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jon lane kent is the worst possible choice for superboy,most hate the idea,harvest,and the new origin,I think Lobdell is justing jerking ppl around,and so far he is doing a great job of it

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Literally.

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I sound like i am the only one that liked the New 52 Superboy. I likedthe old one as well but i was willing to follow the new one. This Jon Lane Kent is crap and i hate it. I want him to die already

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Superboy as a combo of Clark Kent and Lex Luthor was an inspired choice and one of Johns' greatest contributions to the DC mythos. This is silly nonsense I hope is retconned.

stephens2177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@degraaf: hey I liked him to,I thought his TTK sense was awesome,but wanted his entire powerset to be by touch like the original Kon's was.having Jon take Kon's place is a slap in the face,the only way to redeem this idea is to keep Jon evil,and have kon comeback as the hero he is supposed to be.

stephens2177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fodigg: I like the inclusion of lex into Kon's origin,but I would rather it be that kon ismt a hybrid,but instead a superman created by lex that was mutated,OR like the original kon,a human super clone created to mimic and take supermans place,but instead of Westfield make it lex Luthor being his creator and genetic donor.

COBRAMORPH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think the original version is best. A "son" of both the hero & his main villain. Having Con be tempted by both sides. Etc etc. This is the exact problem I have with the New52. Have the balls to actually reinvent the character, such as removing Lois & maybe even the Daily Planet entirely from Superman's story. Not have the most major & significant change to a major character be that Zeus is now WW's father. Wup-dee-do.

So Kon is now the clone of a son from the future? Just dumb. There is no reason to link the two characters.

Avatar image for martianmanhunterisbetterthancy
    MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Superboy being half Kent and half Luthor was the best.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

I liked 90's Superboy the best

stephens2177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daredevil21134: the 90's superboy was the best all around superboy,but I like the updates also,just wish they all meshed better.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

@daredevil21134: the 90's superboy was the best all around superboy,but I like the updates also,just wish they all meshed better.

Me tpp

stephens2177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By stephens2177

I like all the versions of Kon/Conner,I just don't like how each one has a different origin and a different powerset.

Kesel

Johns

Smallville

Young justice

Lobdell

Cadmus is where he was created

By lex

Mutated TTK for solar powers

Attitude,but wanting to be a hero

Lex/Clark clone

Start off with Kesel touch level TTK and Lobdell touch TK senses on a kryptonian gravity powerful body (YJ tv show).then allow him to expand his TTK outward slowly.

LoganRogue24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

what would happen if they used clark and karas DNA to make a clone would it be a girl clone or a boy clone.

HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Wait I don't follow the series what's the difference between kon and Jon

Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Wait I don't follow the series what's the difference between kon and Jon

Jon is the son of Lois and Superman and Kon is a clone of Jon who has 2 strands of DNA from Lois and Superman to correct the genetic instability that Jon has.

Glarinetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Actually Kon has 3 different donor... Jon, and some fresh samples from Lois and Clark. It's confirmed by interview.

stephens2177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Which makes him complicated as hell.jon is a step not needed imo,all you need is superman,a human donor,and him being a clone to be kon.

Glarinetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, I agree. :s

stephens2177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@glarinetta: KISS=keep it simple stupid.this is what DC should have done with kon(not to mention all their characters).

Glarinetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

? English isn't my native language, so did I miss something? I agreed that DC could have done it more easily. Having 3 different donors is just complicated.

stephens2177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I will say that I liked how easily KON explained that he was a clone of Supermans son from a possible future.easy explanation,heck he even through in how his powers are different.

Avatar image for heavenlydarkdragon
    HeavenlyDarkDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Actually he was never part clone of Jon Kent. They've hinted on this earlier when H'el messed up his genes and neither Superman, Cyborg or Dr. Shay Veritas, were able to identify the third strand of DNA. In fact at the time Cyborg said that he didn't even know if it could be classified has DNA.

And more recently it was shown that his DNA is actually 45% kryptonian, 45% human and 10% unknown. If it was a sample from Jon, then it wouldn't be unknown would it?! So it's something else.

My theory it's that's martian dna. Think about it. Jon genetic breakdown began because human/kryptonian dna was incompatible. But that incompatibility only manifested itself has the child grew older. So what would be Harvest best move to make it so that the two main dna strands didn't repel each other. Add dna from a species that's known for having incredible metamorphic abilities, like the Martians.

That would also explain why Kon telekinetic abilities were able to surpass those of Jon, even tough Jon not only had TK but also some kryptonian powers has well.

stephens2177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I agree his extra 10% could be martian DNA,or brainiac for that matter,BUT it has been stated nuMerlin times he is a clone of jon,yeah with something added to keep his body from breaking down,but still his clone.

Glarinetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I though that he is genetic mix of genes of Jon, Superman, Lois and that 10%.

Glarinetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Glarinetta

Am I only who actually is exited about Superman and Lois being his ''parents''? Of course Lex being his genetic donor was much drama, but now Sam Lane is his ''grandfather''. A guy who pretty much hate Superman, and now he has a ''grandkid'' with him.

I just hope that they actually some day find out that Kon is part Lois, because now things doesn't look bright for that.

stephens2177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It does open the door for a lot of story potential,but I'm a guy who wants his origin to be as simple as possible,something like- mutated clone of superman created at Cadmus by lex Luthor.

Avatar image for transformers1024
    Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#33  Edited By Transformers1024

I blame Lobdell.

stephens2177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lobdell was told to change things up,his problem was he went WAY to far and lost what the core points that make kon kon.

RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Lobdell-Force !

Glarinetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah... I would have been happy just Kon being clone of Jon, or Clone of Clark and Lois, or even being just a clone of Jon with some new DNA samples from Clark and Lois (like we originally thought), but that 10% starts to be little be too much.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like the idea of Kon being the clone son of Clark and Lois, and his TTK is freaking awesome and that costume dear Christ how I love that costume. But every thing else is just Nope.

stephens2177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would have thrown out ALL the time travel/future son stuff,and went with something easy,and stayed with what DC wanted kon to be like.

Lex creates a clone from supermans spilled blood and lois lanes blood sample,the clones powers were mutated into TTK,because of his hybrid nature.

Also I would have shortened his sleeves on his suit,but kept the fingerless gloves,and used much less tron like lines.

PRgirl94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By PRgirl94

Am I only who actually is exited about Superman and Lois being his ''parents''? Of course Lex being his genetic donor was much drama, but now Sam Lane is his ''grandfather''. A guy who pretty much hate Superman, and now he has a ''grandkid'' with him.

I just hope that they actually some day find out that Kon is part Lois, because now things doesn't look bright for that.

No, you're not. I do agree that this new origin is kind of convoluted and I used to like the Superman/Luthor dynamic, but Kon being the son of Superman and Lois has been appealing to me, as it now makes him more of an individual, it makes him more relatable to audiences, and it opens up the possibility of an interesting "family" dynamic between him, Superman, and Lois.

I just hope that they actually get to that soon and I'm pretty sure that they will, soon after Kon reunites with Superman, considering that Kon can't really explain his resurrection without explaining at least some of what he knows about his origins. Ooh, it's gonna be interesting to see what kind of impact this revelation has on Clark.

Glarinetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@prgirl94 said:

@glarinetta: No, you're not. I do agree that this new origin is kind of convoluted and I used to like the Superman/Luthor dynamic, but Kon being the son of Superman and Lois has been appealing to me, as it now makes him more of an individual, it makes him more relatable to audiences, and it opens up the possibility of an interesting "family" dynamic between him, Superman, and Lois.

I just hope that they actually get to that soon and I'm pretty sure that it will soon after Kon reunites with Superman, considering that Kon can't really explain his resurrection without explaining at least some of what he knows about his origins. Ooh, it's gonna be interesting to see what kind of impact this revelation has on Clark.

Yeah, I'm waiting that too! :D ''So, I'm your cloned son with Lois. By the way, how are your things with WW?''

stephens2177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lexus could have created kon from Clarks blood from the early Action Comics issues where he was bleeding and took a blood sample from lois when brainiac had them bottled up,hecould have went the All Star Superman direction easily.

STELIOS23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jon lane kent is the worst possible choice for superboy,most hate the idea,harvest,and the new origin,I think Lobdell is justing jerking ppl around,and so far he is doing a great job of it

stephens2177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They could have just said Harvest was nuts from all his time and the reality was that lex created kon with Clark and lois dna here in the present.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.