Should Superboy lose the attitude

• 52 results
#1 Edited by Thorrules23 (16 posts) - - Show Bio

We all know that Superboy was saved from imprisonment but why is he so mad. On the other hand i would be pretty mad to if my dad diddnt want me. 
Im talking about superboy from Young Justice

#2 Posted by Death Certificate (5438 posts) - - Show Bio

He would lose the hissy fit by the end of the season.

#3 Edited by AssertingValor (5393 posts) - - Show Bio

its part of his character.........  also u might want to specify that u are talking about the new animated series young justice...........
#4 Posted by PowerHerc (84386 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes.  His angry-youth persona sucks.
#5 Posted by Manchine (4173 posts) - - Show Bio

Its part of the characters development.  At some point in time (first or second season) he will lose it.
#6 Posted by War Killer (20261 posts) - - Show Bio

He has a right to be mad, Superman is a freakin' jerk to him. BATMAN cares more about the kid then Superman does, so that's saying something right there.

#7 Posted by ~The Wanderer~ (34406 posts) - - Show Bio
@War Killer: Agreed, but Superman has the right to be mad as well. His DNA was basically used to create a clone/slave, without his consent. I don't think many people would be comfortable with that.
#8 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29505 posts) - - Show Bio
@~The Wanderer~ said:
" @War Killer: Agreed, but Superman has the right to be mad as well. His DNA was basically used to create a clone/slave, without his consent. I don't think many people would be comfortable with that. "
But then in turn it's perfectly acceptable to be a total dick to the clone? :p
#9 Posted by danhimself (22586 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't mind the attitude but he wasn't like that when he was "born" in the comics...he was happy to be alive and that was that

#10 Posted by War Killer (20261 posts) - - Show Bio
@~The Wanderer~: True and I understand that, but still doesn't mean he has to be a jerk to the kid, he needs a father figure in his life. Plus I like how Superman and Batman got into that argument in the last episode, looked like Superboy may not be the only Man of Steel with anger issues to deal with.
#11 Posted by ~The Wanderer~ (34406 posts) - - Show Bio
@InnerVenom123: I wasn't saying that.  :P
#12 Posted by PrinceIMC (5422 posts) - - Show Bio

Someone's got to have the angst. Might as well be him.
#13 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29505 posts) - - Show Bio

You would think Superman would just get over it and be nice.

#14 Posted by Nefarious (20653 posts) - - Show Bio

That is just how Superboy is...

#15 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio
@War Killer: @~The Wanderer~: Yeah, it kinda goes both ways, but Supes shoulden't be angry at Superboy,he hasen't done anything wrong it was Cadmus. Iunderstand why Superboy is angry...daddy issues. He'll snap out of it when Superman accepts him. Remember Superboy is kinda of a new born.
#16 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio
@PowerHerc said:
" Yes.  His angry-youth persona sucks. "
Which is why I love when he gets it beaten out of him
#17 Posted by CaptainCockblock (3672 posts) - - Show Bio

He's the teen angsty one. The writers convince themselves that every show needs one. Teen Titans had Raven, Young Justice has Superboy. Maybe he'll get a little more depth and development, but it's most likely his pre-determined roll.

#18 Posted by Baddamdog (2223 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes. It's so annoying.

#19 Posted by HellionVulcan (3803 posts) - - Show Bio

You're forgetting he doesn't know what its like to be normal or have his own thoughts long term ,hes pretty much the 90's wolverine on this show which is a great thing .

#20 Posted by mistersarcastic (324 posts) - - Show Bio
@HellionVulcan said:
" You're forgetting he doesn't know what its like to be normal or have his own thoughts long term ,hes pretty much the 90's wolverine on this show which is a great thing . "
This. 
And it's not annoying, it's just called character development ^_^ It won't last long folks. But Robin can lose that cheesy laugh he does before disappearing all the time lol
#21 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio
@mistersarcastic: lol true
#22 Posted by SladeRogers (291 posts) - - Show Bio
I like his angered attitude. Think about it: 1) He was created from the DNA of Earth's greatest hero. 2) He didn't grow up therefor doesn't know what it feels like to be a real teen. 3) Your "father" doesn't want to be around you. 4) He doesn't have an actual name other than his title. I say he has every right to have a 'tude.
#23 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio
@SladeRogers: I agree
#24 Posted by joshmightbe (24908 posts) - - Show Bio

Even by the end of this last episode it seems his attitude is softening up a bit, Once he actually gets a sit down with super man I'm sure he'll lighten up. They'll probably do an episode where he and superman are forced to work together and they'll start working out their issues in the process

#25 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

Superboy's attitude is annoying, but it's also justified. Why Superman is being a ***** is beyond me. Aside from the fact that Connor is his brother, not his son (read the comics Weisman :P), Superman would love to have a child. Oh well. Batman, Dick and Wally are completely awesome, so I don't really care that much about why two of my other favourites are whining as long the quality keeps up. 

#26 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt: Its different here...in  YJ its more of a father-son thing. Not the same as the comics...Cloud.
#27 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29505 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
"

Why Superman is being a ***** is beyond me.

Superman would love to have a child.

"
This.
#28 Posted by The Impersonator (5508 posts) - - Show Bio

Superboy would lose his bad attitude sometime but it's part of his character and personality. Besides, he's also the clone of Lex Luthor.  

#29 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe...

#30 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio
@SladeRogers said:
" I like his angered attitude. Think about it: 1) He was created from the DNA of Earth's greatest hero. 2) He didn't grow up therefor doesn't know what it feels like to be a real teen. 3) Your "father" doesn't want to be around you. 4) He doesn't have an actual name other than his title. I say he has every right to have a 'tude. "
I COMPLETELY AGREE WITH THIS STATEMENT
#31 Posted by gammasan55 (54 posts) - - Show Bio
@mistersarcastic said:
But Robin can lose that cheesy laugh he does before disappearing all the time lol "
I love that laugh, it's works well with the character they've established for him.

As far as Superboy, he's a confused newborn with little to no self-identity. I'd be ticked off in his postion
#32 Edited by nightwing91 (3912 posts) - - Show Bio

No Cadmus messed with his head in the cartoon, which is the reason Superboy got so angry when Miss Martian was in his head, this is something different from the comics where he was rescued before they could do anything besides impart him the knowledge of a 16 year old. And he's angry because Superman hates him, it was obvious at the end of the 2nd episode, when superman was descending the look of anger, while trying his best not to hate the boy, So, rememner it's the begining of this DC's Earth, Superman isn't going to be as responsible as the New Earth version. 

Superboy will mellow out when Superman starts showing him acceptance, that's why he was there to help in Metropolois he's a child desperately seekings his father's approval,which is why he went after Amazo he didn't want Superman knowing that he had failed in there most important mission to that point. When Superman does see him as a son, and starts showing him love is when he'll mellow out, it'll be when he recieves the name of Connor Kent

And keep in mind he watches his teammates leave with there parent's basically everyday, and go to there home while his "father" treats him like's the plague, and has put him off on other hereos since his escape from Cadmus, completely leaving him at there base 24 hours a day.

#33 Posted by jayskee (1905 posts) - - Show Bio

superboy shouldn't change superman should stop being such a jerk
#34 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio
@nightwing91: Yeah, they have made Supes look like a dick...
#35 Posted by Thorrules23 (16 posts) - - Show Bio
@War Killer:
ur totally right superman could at least show him the way of the kyriptonian
#36 Posted by Thorrules23 (16 posts) - - Show Bio
@HellionVulcan:
if u say so
#37 Posted by nightwing91 (3912 posts) - - Show Bio
@Thorrules23: Well at the same time Superman isn't totally in the wrong, he know's almost nothing of superboy. His DNA was take and essentialy another him was created without his consent, that will take time to get used to, trying not to hate Superboy but the people who stole his DNA to create him. This is still Kal-El in the early days of his career, he's not as responsible as his new earth counterpart.

He has to accept him before he could teach him to be a kryptonian or even be human. Superboy was raised a weapon, Superman is the only one who can make him a person.
#38 Posted by ComicMan24 (147093 posts) - - Show Bio
@nightwing91 said:
" No Cadmus messed with his head in the cartoon, which is the reason Superboy got so angry when Miss Martian was in his head, this is something different from the comics where he was rescued before they could do anything besides impart him the knowledge of a 16 year old. And he's angry because Superman hates him, it was obvious at the end of the 2nd episode, when superman was descending the look of anger, while trying his best not to hate the boy, So, rememner it's the begining of this DC's Earth, Superman isn't going to be as responsible as the New Earth version.   Superboy will mellow out when Superman starts showing him acceptance, that's why he was there to help in Metropolois he's a child desperately seekings his father's approval,which is why he went after Amazo he didn't want Superman knowing that he had failed in there most important mission to that point. When Superman does see him as a son, and starts showing him love is when he'll mellow out, it'll be when he recieves the name of Connor Kent  And keep in mind he watches his teammates leave with there parent's basically everyday, and go to there home while his "father" treats him like's the plague, and has put him off on other hereos since his escape from Cadmus, completely leaving him at there base 24 hours a day. "
I agree with this.
#39 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio
@ComicMan24: of course.
#40 Posted by Valtot (4502 posts) - - Show Bio

in the latest episode looks like he lost the attitude a bit at the end but superman is still the same with not coming to terms that conners his son
#41 Posted by ComicMan24 (147093 posts) - - Show Bio
@Primmaster64: ?
#42 Posted by SuperBo (5 posts) - - Show Bio

I think superman should lose the attitude. it doesnt seem like him. but so far the superboy 'tude is fitting he's still trying to get the grasp of being out.
#43 Posted by mistersarcastic (324 posts) - - Show Bio
@gammasan55 said:
" @mistersarcastic said:
But Robin can lose that cheesy laugh he does before disappearing all the time lol "
I love that laugh, it's works well with the character they've established for him.  As far as Superboy, he's a confused newborn with little to no self-identity. I'd be ticked off in his postion "
xD I guess you're right, still...kinda cheesy. 

And it hasn't been stated in the show if Kon was cloned from Lex as well was it? Unless I missed something...or maybe others are just mixing the comics up with the show. I thought they only mentioned he was Superman's clone...for now. Speaking of  Superman, can we get a Captain Marvel to slap him around a few times for being a rhymes-with-witch? -__-  
Seriously, the kid is trying to bond with him, learn more not only about himself but about Superman and the Man of Steel is acting like a Woman of Steel. Oh yes... I went there. =9
#44 Posted by nightwing91 (3912 posts) - - Show Bio
@mistersarcastic: No it's not been stated he's cloned from Lex. And Marvel won't do that because the wisdom of solomon would tell him only batman get's to talk to superman like that.
#45 Posted by nightwing91 (3912 posts) - - Show Bio
@Valtot said:
" in the latest episode looks like he lost the attitude a bit at the end but superman is still the same with not coming to terms that conners his son "
Until Superman accepts him any progress he makes will reset back to zero when his teammates leave to go to there home with there parents.
#46 Posted by mistersarcastic (324 posts) - - Show Bio
@nightwing91:  lol Well that sucks. But at least Bats is trying to make things work out. Usually he's quite the cynic.
#47 Posted by nightwing91 (3912 posts) - - Show Bio
@mistersarcastic: He's also a natural father, taking in everyone. He's raised Robin for several years now, so he's a father. Also becaus eof his origin he's more empathetic to children, i'm sure he can understand Superboy, which is why he said something.

But like I said Superboy was raised as a a weapon Superman is the only one who can make him into a person.
#48 Posted by Z3RO180 (6592 posts) - - Show Bio
@War Killer:
u said it dude
#49 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio
@nightwing91 said:
" @mistersarcastic: No it's not been stated he's cloned from Lex. And Marvel won't do that because the wisdom of solomon would tell him only batman get's to talk to superman like that. "
-___-
#50 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio
@Primmaster64 said:
" @nightwing91 said:
" @mistersarcastic: No it's not been stated he's cloned from Lex. And Marvel won't do that because the wisdom of solomon would tell him only batman get's to talk to superman like that. "
-___- "
Don't feel bad, only Batman talks to everyone like that.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.