New 52 Superboy Respect Thread

• 190 results
#101 Posted by stephens2177 (1035 posts) - - Show Bio

in the last issue of Superboy,he can see dr psychos astral form,even though he is supposed to be unseeable,and kon sees through illusions to see a student as a monster.

#102 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8739 posts) - - Show Bio

Superboy 23

Kon is able see and take out Dr. Psycho's astral form.

See throught students illusions and use telknesis to hold them.

Deduce that the other Superboy is just another illusion.

See throught Pshyco Pirate illusions.

#104 Edited by Ravager4 (1627 posts) - - Show Bio

Beating Rose Wilson

You forgot to include how that fight actually ended.

Losing to Rose Wilson

So no, he didn't beat Rose.

#105 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8739 posts) - - Show Bio

@nico4ever: No? seriously?? (sarcasm) respect thread is to post what?

#106 Edited by Ravager4 (1627 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21: Just saying. It says he beat her. When he didn't. It's incorrect information.

#107 Posted by stephens2177 (1035 posts) - - Show Bio

@nico4ever: and it was said in Deathstroke that her power is to cancel out invulnerability in super beings,so it's not as cut and dry as someone just getting the drop on him,and shoving a big sword through his guts.if she didnt have that power,OR if he knew she had that power,I'm sure it would have went very differently.

#108 Edited by matchesmalone21 (8739 posts) - - Show Bio

@nico4ever: Sorry for my rudeness mate,soon as possible..when I have time I will fix this. Okay?

#109 Edited by matchesmalone21 (8739 posts) - - Show Bio

@stephens2177: @nico4ever: @lightsout: More scans

Superboy 24

Deduces Psycho Pirate's powers and that was talking with a his astral form.

Having his emotions manipulated by Psycho Pirate,Kon lose control of himself destroying everything around and overload Pirate.

Tackle Dr. Psycho amped by his powers and manages to beat their psionic constructs.

#110 Posted by stephens2177 (1035 posts) - - Show Bio

Great issue 24 was,if it was like that for the last 10 issues,this book wouldn't be having its star teased as dying soon.

Hey matches I know this is new 52 superboy respect thread only,but there is one feat for Smallville:Titans superboy now,his mutation has made his flight power more of a TK aura,that pulls other things with him when he uses it,he is still in the beginning stage of learning about this power,so I'm sure he will be able to do more with it soon enough.

#111 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8739 posts) - - Show Bio

@stephens2177: Dying soon? Wolfman will take over the title and stay for one year,besied this will be the other Superboy.

Action Comics Annual 2

Take out kryptonians soldiers with a TK blast in their chest.

Teen Titans 24

Beating the Sunturians (their body are composed of red sun particles).

Teen Titans Annual 1

Freezing a metahuman with his telekinesis.

Superboy's force field enables to survive in outer space. Sense the presence of the other Superboy.

Battled Jon Lane Kent (which have killed half of Erath's heroes and villains) in molten magma,while this negate the velocity of both...similar to Flash's speed steal.

#112 Posted by stephens2177 (1035 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21: hey matches where did you read Wolfman would be on for a year? I've read everything and I haven't heard that.

The Sunturians red sun particles wouldn't work on kon anyway,because he isn't a solar battery,he doesn't absorb any form of outside energy source to power himself.

I'm pretty sure he didn't freeze him,I think he just burst all the rocks he pulled up with him.

Yeah it looked like his force field can allow him to survive in space,I've missed that since the old original series.

He sensed Jon after he was downloaded by Jon with his memories of killing metas,and was already going after him.

I think Jon propelled that lava off the moon/planet. And toward kon.

He did negate velocity,which means he stopped himself and kon from moving or being dragged/pushed in the same direction as everything else in that space,which does take a lot of propulsion power,but nothing like speed steal.

#113 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8739 posts) - - Show Bio

@stephens2177: I believe he can control the speed of a person in the extant to freezee it,he already increase Kif Flash speed in first fight against Teen Titans.

@nico4ever: @degraaf @powerwoman @bluelantern1995 @beautifultemptress: More scans

Superboy 25

With a TK force field protects Kara (Pre-Krypton explosion) from Eradicator's blasts.

Red and Yellow sun radiation doesn't have any effect on Superboy. Kon was able to control nearby technology via tk to defeat Eradicator.

#114 Posted by stephens2177 (1035 posts) - - Show Bio

This isn't the last we will see of The Eradicator,Lobdell has said that he is going after Kal and Kara because they should have died with Krypton,and until they die he won't stop,kinda like Final Destination.

#115 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8739 posts) - - Show Bio

@stephens2177: He's back,.... @nico4ever: @studentofjorel @toptom @ultimatesmfan: @powerwoman: More Scans

Supergirl 25

Tanked a surprise attack from Eradicator on he's back and simply remove the shard with TK placing in Eradicator's neck.

Kon and Kara faces H'el in two different points of timestream at the same time and due the timeline being coverging he's getting weaker,but still stand a threat for both. So to knock him out Kon gather more TK,while Kara battled H'el in a straight fight.

#116 Edited by Bigbadwolfx0 (334 posts) - - Show Bio

Superboy is my favorite superhero and I love his new origins with the new 52

One of my favorite story arcs is when he becomes superman in the teen titans future I always felt like he was going to become one of the strongest beings in the dc universe he's pretty much superman with tk as a teen so imagine him as a adult

Not only will have the kryptonian strength on earth and years of yellow sun but he will also have the full power of psychokinesis.

And can anyone help me I saw a picture of a old superman giving his cape to superboy it looks like almost like earth 2 superman and its original kon el without the leather jacket I believe. Please message me if u know.

#117 Posted by stephens2177 (1035 posts) - - Show Bio

I think the pic you are talking about is the first page in issue 41 of Kon's original series.its when his body was age frozen and he thought he could never grow up to take over for superman.

Oh and in the new 52 he is a lil different than before.he is all TTK now,so far no kryptonian powers,and he isn't fueled by the sun either,it's all from his mind,so he can be as powerful as his mind allows him to be.no kryptonite or red sun weakness,just his own focus now.

#118 Edited by Bigbadwolfx0 (334 posts) - - Show Bio

@stephens2177: in issue 25 he is weakened by no yellow sun but realizes that his powers are not dependent on yellow sun also didnt his kryptonian powers bloom a little when he wore supermans suit either way I really hope he gets his birthright powers. I really loved young justices take on him but hated that he had no flight. And in the pic it looks like earth 2 superman with grey hair on the sides and v1 superboy standing out front of the daily planet and there people standing all around the two of them while superboy is given supermans cape.

#119 Posted by stephens2177 (1035 posts) - - Show Bio

@bigbadwolfx0: yeah that pic is from the issue above,it was a dream of when superman is older and he passes the cape to kon,Bart,Tim,tana,and others are there older.

If you like the YJ show then you should like Smallville:Titans,it has a superboy who has all Kals powers,but flight,atleast not the way Kal has it,his is TTK or a form of it.

In the new 52 kon has shown any kryptonian powers besides a speedy healing factor,but it was said given time his mind and BODY would grow to limitless potential.

There is always a happy medium when it comes to his powers,he could have all TTK,but have to touch things to get them to work making him get more physical,or he could have a 50/50 mix of both powersets,or full kryptonian powerset with some or full TTK powerset.

#120 Posted by Bigbadwolfx0 (334 posts) - - Show Bio

@stephens2177: thanks for the look up guys and the new titans arc is looking pretty god I was really hoping for superboy in injustice I was pretty happy with we're superboy was at before the new 52 but hopefully it get close to that before I can see how he could even develop kryptonian powers from when hel tore him apart and the kryptonian suit healed him activating his genetic heritage it also seems like tk and ttk is a hidden kryptonian power even in smallville it seems like anything triggers it Chris kent even had tk because he was born in the phantom zone. Speaking of Chris kent I always felt like he took kons spot I hated that kal treated kon like his brother or cousin instead of a son I guess kal was more grown up when Chris came around but still, I did come around to start to like Chris kent when he got the real nightwing powers it kinda reminded me of the darkness.

#121 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8739 posts) - - Show Bio

@bigbadwolfx0: @stephens2177: More scans

Superman 25

Kon gather enough TK to knocked down H'el,also deduce he's fighting in 2 different points of the timestream.

Makes Kara forget they ever met in Pre-explosion Krypton.

By his own strength lift Kandor and then with TK play it outer space due the antigravity system wouldn't be enough to save them from de destruction blast.

#122 Posted by stephens2177 (1035 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21: great death,he finally becomes the hero we all knew he could be,and his power levels were off the charts,I mean not only was he wiping minds like a telepath,but he lifts a city and throws it out of kryptons orbit like Magneto or Cable at their best.

#123 Edited by matchesmalone21 (8739 posts) - - Show Bio
#124 Posted by Bigbadwolfx0 (334 posts) - - Show Bio

@stephens2177: thanks for the issue reference I love that scene even if it was not real

And do not get me wrong kon has had so many great scenes and moments but the happiness that he had when he received his name of Kon-EL from kal is when I realized that he was going to great character one day.

#125 Edited by Bigbadwolfx0 (334 posts) - - Show Bio

I like kons new suit but I still like the old black shirt I feel like if they used the young justice long sleeve shirt it would look good and it would be more of a costume than a tshirt it would also not be troned out

(do not get me wrong i love tron definitely tron and rinzler why did they cancel tron uprising!)

and what happened with the covers of teen titans comics with his cool bar code superman symbol ( I can't remember if he got the tattoo yet I remember someone getting a tattoo.

#126 Posted by stephens2177 (1035 posts) - - Show Bio

@bigbadwolfx0: I loved kon during the Reign of the Supermen,but he really found himself when he went on to his own series

Have you seen Brett booths redesign suit that was not used? If you do(google it) you will kinda see what I want,but I would flip the red for black on his shirt.ive liked all his looks though.

Yeah he got the tattoo,he got it,then went and beat a big robot guy lol.

#127 Posted by Bigbadwolfx0 (334 posts) - - Show Bio

@stephens2177: I thought he did Brett's is not bad but looks like robins costume almost if they flipped the colors like u said it would look great and one thing that I do like about this series is how he was kinda supermans son I really hope that the human dna this time is not luthors.

#128 Posted by stephens2177 (1035 posts) - - Show Bio

@bigbadwolfx0: the booth suit shows respect to all the old suits, but clearly is based off of supermans. The collar is lower, the sleeves are shorter,and kon keeps HIS colors, but it is clearly based of the new 52 suit. Just needs a swap of colors and it would be perfect. Booth did get this and his Steel and Powergirl redesigns on one page in the Doomsday villian month book he pencilled.

Lex is great and all, but he takes to much focus away from kon the character, and makes it about where he is from, which is not what a character should focus on.

I've said before and I'll say it again, I want a mutated clone of superman, or a govt/Cadmus created human super clone. Both would have "touch" TTK again, but it would look like the YJ Superboy, kesels SB, and Lobdells based on how powerful or charged up he is at a given time.

I prefer kesels touch TTK, with Lobdells touch senses myself, but add the possibility for him to see/sense/scan the molecules around him and allow him to sense the entire EM spectrum, then let him speed up those molecules in front of his eyes until he can make them burst into flames,so he can have both pseudo super senses and heat vision, but still based off of his TTK.

#129 Edited by Bigbadwolfx0 (334 posts) - - Show Bio

@stephens2177: if they just made it psychokinesis it would solve all of power problems but he must have some kryptonian powers when he touched lava heated rocks it burned him but did not hurt his skin how fast he healed and his red eyes which could be explained by his ttk we forget that the new superboy has never really seen sun light since his "birth" until he escaped pretty much (at least young justice kon had his solar suit and pod),which means his solar powers are at there base kal didn't start to show abilities until he was ten at youngest, I'm glad to hear that ur are not really a fan of the whole luthor thing I thought it was not to bad in the boy of steel story arc when was living with Martha and gathered items for lex to heal his cousin which he did then unhealed her again then brainiac attacked kon does anyone know if they finished that story arc I looked every where but it just ends I looked like luthor was making a luthor / coluan hybrid if anyone knows anything please help

I guess maybe I saw the wrong costume to

Did any one else love Nolan north as superboys voice he is up there with

Peter Cullen , optimus prime

Bruce timm , batman

I am even starting to like bruce greenwood as batman but I am still a hardcore timm fan isn't funny how both there names are bruce

#130 Posted by stephens2177 (1035 posts) - - Show Bio

@bigbadwolfx0: there is three ways I would fix his durability problem

1- make his senses so good he can't be snuck up on

2- say his kryptonian DNA kicked in, and his body is like the YJ tv shows body(strong and durable)

3- say to comeback from death he had to pull himself together making him internalize every bit of his TTK, which gives him just touch TTK( manipulate and sense), and as a side effect of him internalizing it his body is always protected by his power( no off switch)

The Superboy story your taking about is in Adventure Comics writen by Geoff johns and drawn by Francis manapul. It was done very well,but my problem is that his stories at this time were to dependent on who his donors were, instead of just making fun stories with new adventures for kon.the last part of that arc with Geoff johns was that lex created a green clone of some kind.

Costumes-original series had 2,teen titans had 1,the YJ tv show had 2, and the new 52 has 1.

Nolan north did a great job on Superboys voice, he also did supermans voice on the show, and he does their voices on the new video game to.

#131 Edited by Bigbadwolfx0 (334 posts) - - Show Bio

@stephens2177: when is legacy coming out I almost forgot about I keep on feeling like they are going to cancel it

I could not believe that they cancelled young justice It was so good it had a huge fan base it even honored older characters

They replaced it with teen titans go yay which they can't even get right they say its a new episode but its old and they also gave us a new batman and don't get me wrong i am a huge batman fan but I have not say thru a episode yet

#132 Posted by stephens2177 (1035 posts) - - Show Bio

@bigbadwolfx0: the Legacy game is out now.

They cancelled it because of toy sales, because I think Cartoon Network bases their shows on toy sales. It was a great show, but there is a rumor we could get a live action drama show on the CW.

Heard they cancelled or will cancel the batman show also.

Hey tomorrow go to Comixology and buy the digital first Smallville:Titans,it is the 4th part in a 4 part arc with Superboy, ms Martian, blue beetle, Mia, and the wonder twins being trained by jay Garrick at his school in San fransico when rose comes a knocking.they are only .99 cents each I think,and you get more Superboy.this Conner/ kon is the one from the episode of Smallville called Scion.he is a clone of lex and Clark with all Clark's powers but for flight, which we saw in the episode , but now they have him flying and attracting and repelling things close to him through a pseudo version of TTK.

#133 Edited by Bigbadwolfx0 (334 posts) - - Show Bio

@stephens2177: I read it it was cool its nice to see him as leader of a team I always felt like that kon should be leaded of the teams.

#134 Edited by Bigbadwolfx0 (334 posts) - - Show Bio

@stephens2177: thanks for the heads up on the game I just bought it.

on there site it said not until 2014

#135 Posted by stephens2177 (1035 posts) - - Show Bio

@bigbadwolfx0: im glad you enjoyed both,it's good that even though DC killed off the new 52 version of kon there is still other places to see him be SUPER.

I'm pretty sure the Smallville version of Superboy is now the most powerful version of kon anywhere. He has full power kryptonian powers, no absorption weakness that the pre flashpoint had, but he also has full TK,not TTK like that same version. He is probably a match for the new 52 all psionic version, and maybe even the Titans of Tomorrow adult version of kon that had full TK also.

#136 Edited by Bigbadwolfx0 (334 posts) - - Show Bio

@stephens2177: do u mean cancelled or the fact it looks like he died which I do not beleive. I think maybe black shirt and titans tomorrow would beat smallvilles kon but either way. It's funny because most people who like superboy like batman beyond which makes since both of them are " sons " of the originals it would be nice if we saw kon take up the mantle in a good way not thru a horrible death.

I really hope its not cancelled like they did ivampire that was one of my favorite new 52 great story and characters

#137 Posted by stephens2177 (1035 posts) - - Show Bio

@bigbadwolfx0: HIS book isn't cancelled,Jon lane kent the irredeemable original is taking his place,marv Wolfman is writing issues 26-29.

I hope they being him back,and hopefully they will tweak him enough to match up to great versions like smallville's version.i really can't say how great that version has been to read.

The Smallville version is pretty much everything the Titans of Tomorrow older version is power wise but as a teen still.thats why I was suggesting he could be more powerful than all the other versions,maybe not the new 52 version though,he is like X-Man over at Marvel.

#138 Edited by Bigbadwolfx0 (334 posts) - - Show Bio

@stephens2177: thanks for all of the info

Didnt Marv wolfman write the astounding wolfman? (If so thats awsome that is one of my favorite comics which I do not understand why it was cancelled.) And my favorite marvel characters are cable and xman

I don't know maybe Jon might not be so bad he should have more kryptonian powers than kon it feels like they give ttk and tk to any kryptonians that either get power,sent to the phantom zone, or gets different dna. Idk maybe he might try to make up for his past misdeeds do u know if Chris kent or sodom yat exist in the new 52

#139 Edited by Bigbadwolfx0 (334 posts) - - Show Bio

@stephens2177: s adventure comics 10 the last stand of new krypton the sequel to boy of steel

The creature or robot that lex uses on kon could be the one from the pod lex is still wearing the prison outfit even.

And I have always wondered what happened to that earth lady that attacked kon (I do not remeber her name ) I think it's in issue 3 when he gets out of the lava after the prison

I do not beleive that he had anything to do with her dying unless maybe the "radiation" from his ttk suprised her or countered her own power

And that's what got her or maybe she just knew she didn't have a chance.

Also the one thing that I did love about the reboot was the krypto he is so bad ass looking now he looks like a dire wolf which u could guess I would like

I really wanted to more of him with superboy than we did I really hope comes back and can smell kals dna on Jon like he did kon.

#140 Edited by Rubear (478 posts) - - Show Bio

So now he have what...

Superior Superboy with something that look like evolutioned version of Mister Mind in mind... Or wa that another M.M.?

And to not be much offtopic... Greatest achivement of Real Superboy from

Superboy 26

- forming and inspiring Legion of Super-Heroes!

He is not dead.

#141 Posted by darknightspideyfanboy (1258 posts) - - Show Bio

@rubear: kon could have been sent to the future and form the legion or jon is the one who form the legion under kon name

#142 Posted by stephens2177 (1035 posts) - - Show Bio

Question,are we putting jon lane Kent's feats in this thread,even though he is a low down dirty mass murder?

If so,I would just like to say how mad I am that he,not kon gets to show off how awesome their powers are here,TK,TTK senses,telepathy,invisibility,ugh kon come back.

#143 Edited by UltimateSMfan (1416 posts) - - Show Bio

@stephens2177 said:

Question,are we putting jon lane Kent's feats in this thread,even though he is a low down dirty mass murder?

If so,I would just like to say how mad I am that he,not kon gets to show off how awesome their powers are here,TK,TTK senses,telepathy,invisibility,ugh kon come back.

I know right!

On another note this issue states Jon had several mothers(whaaa???) who were donors?? who were all metas....I don't understand that! wasn't he naturally born by Lois?

Other than that and all the change, i liked how the issue was written, kept things interesting.

#144 Posted by stephens2177 (1035 posts) - - Show Bio

I had no problem with the writing either,I just have a problem with Jon, not kon getting the the good issue fool of great power showings and interesting things to think about.

Yeah he has multiple mothers now,head scratch, then ugh. What is with these ppl, do they not understand a simple easy to understand and remember origin is always best.wonder woman, maxima, black canary, Fairchild,etc, line um up, you are ALL the mothers.

And what's up with feeding off a metas death? What woman in the DCU feeds off the death of others anyway?

#145 Edited by matchesmalone21 (8739 posts) - - Show Bio

@ultimatesmfan: @stephens2177: We're using Jon as a reference to Kon...so is valid,since they basically have same powers.

He doesn't have multiple mothers and this isn't even an error of the writers,the timeline of 31th century has been amended several times through the NuDC,this is the cause of several changes. Starting with Legion of Superheroes warning Clark about Lord Vyndtkvx and few things of the future (Action Comics 5).

Then some members of the Legion come to the past to save the future from annihilation,but ended up changing the past in many ways and even revealing its true origins to some people (Martian Manhunter,Harvest,Teen Titans...). Recently the Teen Titans was jumping through the timestream due Johnny Quick's powers. Kon was bounce in the future again due H'el schemes to conquer Krypton.

A great example of the future being amended is Clark inspired the Legion of Superheroes (mentioned in Action Comics 5) and then Kon is responsible for it.

No matter how small the change in the past, the future will always be drastically modified.

Superboy 26

Bending light to become invisible.

#146 Edited by cameron83 (7290 posts) - - Show Bio
#147 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8739 posts) - - Show Bio

@cameron83: Probably not. Maybe lost in the timestream.

#148 Edited by Bigbadwolfx0 (334 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21: I agree I really do not think that he is truly dead he might be gone for a little bit but he will return

#149 Posted by stephens2177 (1035 posts) - - Show Bio

How he could comeback-

1 when krypton pops back in to our universe he escapes somehow

2 when H'El escapes from his time loop prison it frees kon from the destruction

3 kon wakes up on krypton and is taken in by Kals parents.while on krypton his body gets stronger to golden age or YJ show levels just by getting older and having no TTK,or maybe jor has to heal kon and in the process makes his latent kryptonian abilities appear.

#150 Posted by cameron83 (7290 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21 I have a question about these Teen Titans.

Do they act like how the Teen Titans are supposed to act?

Does anyone know?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.