Follow

Kon-El

Character » Kon-El appears in 1740 issues.

Conner Kent, also known as Kon-El, is a human/Kryptonian hybrid clone of Superman and Lex Luthor created by N.O.W.H.E.R.E. for the purpose of being the mantle of Superman. Instead, he stuck to his own path, and became a member of the Teen Titans.

Kon-El or Superboy?

Avatar image for smart_dork_dude
    Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By Smart_Dork_Dude

Okay, completely ignoring the fact DC has changed his Kryptonian name to mean something bad, do you think a better code-name for Superboy would be Kon-El? I mean for one it sounds cooler to me for some reason and would really work for him when he's older, and not a boy, and Superman is still around. Also if Mon-El can make that work as a codename then why not Conner? Everyone knows Superman's alien name, well I think it's still public, so it still connects him to the Superman Family. I know I'd use that name for him in a heartbeat since I think it sounds a lot cooler

stephens2177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By stephens2177

well it would be a much better long lasting name for him,boy can only go so long.howabout Scion? hell,or even psionic scion?

Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Smart_Dork_Dude

@stephens2177 said:

well it would be a much better long lasting name for him,boy can only go so long.howabout Scion? hell,or even psionic scion?

My point exactly. Scion sounds too villainous

stephens2177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By stephens2177

but he comes from villians,Harvest a villian created him with lexs dna whonis also a villian,sure he is a psuedo hero,but he isnt a warm and fuzzy hero like others.not to mention scion means second in the family or something like that,and it sounds likebhis powerset,which is all psionic.

Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Smart_Dork_Dude

@stephens2177: Eh, possibly. Though I see Kon-El going over a lot better if they ever do change his codename. Also adds a little diversity instead of just Super everything. I mean, the only people in the Bat Family that use Bat in their names are Bats himself, Batgirl, and Batwoman.

sentryman555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By sentryman555

I would want him to change his name into something completely new when he's older. Like how Robin became Nightwing. I don't really like the idea of calling him Kon-El. I think a name needs to have a ring to it that I just don't hear in Kon-El's name.

Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Smart_Dork_Dude

@sentryman555 said:

I would want him to change his name into something completely new when he's older. Like how Robin became Nightwing. I don't really like the idea of calling him Kon-El. I think a name needs to have a ring to it that I just don't hear in Kon-El's name.

Fair enough. I'm just saying if Mon-El can pull off a Kryptonian name as a codename then why not Conner?

sentryman555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By sentryman555

@Smart_Dork_Dude said:

@sentryman555 said:

Fair enough. I'm just saying if Mon-El can pull off a Kryptonian name as a codename then why not Conner?

That's true but I feel the same way about Mon-El's name. People may like it but it seems a little lazy to me to just call him by his name. Conner would work in the New52. I wouldn't say before because Superboy had a secret identity but it doesn't really feel like he cares that much about having one in the New52. Ideally I'd want him to be an edgier Superman which is what I thought they were doing with his character in the reboot originally. So I'd want him to have an edgier name. I can't think of a good one though.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By danhimself

I've always thought that Supreme would be an awesome name for him when he grows up...though I'm pretty sure that will never happen since Image or Awesome owns that name

stephens2177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By stephens2177

well read the solicit for justin jordans first issue,kon is going to be a proactive type of hero,and the solicit asks if he will go to far,thats the definition of a edgier superman right there.

for his name,i dont think he will care what he is called when he outgrows the superboy name,i think he is more worried about his actions,but noh-vars last superhero name "the Protecter" would be right to the point in his mind,and that would make sense to him.so my point is,his name should state what he does.

Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Smart_Dork_Dude

@danhimself said:

I've always thought that Supreme would be an awesome name for him when he grows up...though I'm pretty sure that will never happen since Image or Awesome owns that name

Supreme does sound cool. But yeah, I'm pretty sure Image still has the rights to the name, even if they haven't used him in forever. Personally I never cared for Supreme that much. I mean, he's a great Superman analogue, but then he became a weird "Destroy everything that doesn't believe in God" guy

RedK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By RedK

what about after Superman leaves he goes by the name secundus as in superman secundus, but it's just shortened. It's probably pretty obvious that i still live in the pre-flashpoint universe even though it's almost 2 years

stephens2177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By stephens2177

Supreme had a handful of new issues just recently,so even though they stopped it again this month,it is a active name.

new 52 SB is much more independent,and less a follwer than the pre reboot SB ,he does like hisnname superboy,and now sees superman as a beacon for hope,but i dont know if he would still want a name that needs to be linked to superman himself.

STELIOS23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kon

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.