How powerful should kon-el be?

Edited 11 months, 16 days ago

Poll: How powerful should kon-el be? (10 votes)

Weaker than a kryptonian 30%
Equal to a kryptonian 40%
More powerful than a kryptonian 30%

This goes with my other thread,cause you need to set the power level you want him to be to set a powerset for him,and vice versa.

#1 Posted by stephens2177 (1095 posts) - - Show Bio

Was anybody who voted above pick full kryptonian and full TK on my other thread? I was wondering what powerset would work with your answers?

#2 Posted by stephens2177 (1095 posts) - - Show Bio

If "your" ideal version of Superboy got dropped on a planet where all the kryptonians were powered how would he fair against the kids his age IMO?

#3 Edited by HeavenlyDarkDragon (277 posts) - - Show Bio

Actually Kon-El should have his own set of powers. He might even gain some kryptonian powers like the physical stuff, strenght, resistance, stamina, and hightned senses (but only has seeing and hearing goes, no EM spectrum vision and hearing).

He's basicaly a hybrid and has such he should have parts of both donours, Kryptonian and Human, but also be something that's also appart, different.

He already has full TK and sensory TK, they could add the parts that I already mentioned above and keep with that.

Giving him full kryptonian powers would make no sense genetically speaking. Has you bond two strains of single helix dna into one unique doble helix strain of dna, the result that combination produces, doesn't necessarily makes him better than the donours, in fact scientific research has shown that most of the times there are things that get lost in the union of both strands. Mostly because of genetic compatibility.

When we are dealing with simple transgenics, then we can add things that makes that strand of dna better and more effectic, which isn't the case with Kon-El. They didn't added specific human genes to a kryptonian dna, they spliced to strands of dna into one.

So if you'd ask me if he should be has powerful or more powerful than a full kryptonian. My answer is No. At best he should be close to kryptonian potential but never nearly has powerful has one.

#4 Posted by stephens2177 (1095 posts) - - Show Bio

His TTK is that unique thing about him that only happened because of the merged DNA,but him being physically at YJ tv show or golden age levels of kryptonian power is what he should keep from being part Supes,the rest made up for by his TTK,which if you think of it long enough you can find a way to mimic all supermans powers and give him more at the same time,and that's even if he isn't in the same weight class physically as full kryptonians

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.