has Superboy been hurt by being to "street level"?

#1 Posted by stephens2177 (1095 posts) - - Show Bio

kal and kara both go to the sun,other planets,other galaxies frequently,also they have huge power feats,does SB not look as SUPER because he usually fights on earth,on streets,in labs,in small group battles? does his not showing big SUPER feats hurt the perception of him? 
i want kon to go in space and tothe bottomofthe ocean,i want him to do it superfast,and lift crazy amounts of weight,there is noreason why he cant be shown to do what kal orkara can do,just his way.

#2 Posted by Superlad93 (46 posts) - - Show Bio

Interesting question......I understand what you mean by "street level" and I think he's benefited (in theory) from it. I personally like the idea of there being one member of this family of giants who is a bit closer to earth in the sense of power. Out of all three of them he is the one who is both in the most need and the one who wants to be "normal" so to have him as the weakest is sort of right. His powers versatility make up for them seeming to be weaker then the others....at least for me.

Make no mistake though he's still very strong and can have any adventure he sets his mind to.....but that's just me I don't really care too much about "feats" in the sense of guys moving fast and lifting thing for no reason other than to look cool and put a notch on their belt.

So yeah I think he's doing fine as just a "street level" guy.

#3 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

I like him the way he is. He has to be smarter to fight on their level. And I don't want any hero to get the Supergirl treatment.

#4 Posted by stephens2177 (1095 posts) - - Show Bio

what is the supergirl treatment ? 

kon imo has always been a bridge between humans and kryptonians,so it makes sense he lives closer to normal folk,dresses like them,acts like them,but i also think he needs the bigger than life places and things that only kryotonians deal with on a daily basis. 

i dont think he is that much weaker than kryotonians,yeah he has to focus to use his powrr,and yeah his senses and reaction time only works at SUPER levels with contact,but he has the raw power to match them. 

i would love to see him fly into space or deep in the ocean,i want to see how his TK handles it.

#5 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

The Supergirl treatment is when you make a character very similar to a popular icon, and then in an attempt to make that character stand its own you make them belligerent and insane at the drop of a hat.

#6 Edited by Zoch81 (279 posts) - - Show Bio

I dont see Superboy as street level and he had few Super moments, like solo the Teen Titans by himself plus out of that fight had with Supergirl he got better of her in that exchange he took her punches and ended the fight with one TK blast in which she admitted it hurt her and its debatable where stacks up in the family we yet his full potential still growing and getting stronger same said for kara and Kal as well.

#7 Posted by Superlad93 (46 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCrowbar said:

The Supergirl treatment is when you make a character very similar to a popular icon, and then in an attempt to make that character stand its own you make them belligerent and insane at the drop of a hat.

Lmao half of that is happening to Superboy right now!! It turns out clones go crazy eventually and he can have his crazy turned on and off lol.

#8 Posted by Superlad93 (46 posts) - - Show Bio

@stephens2177 said:

but i also think he needs the bigger than life places and things that only kryotonians deal with on a daily basis. i would love to see him fly into space or deep in the ocean,i want to see how his TK handles it.

But don't you think that he can already do all of these things now? I mean he can go into space, but he just has to keep his focus. The same could probably be said about the ocean too. He may even need to find a way to do somethings without his powers because it may be too hard with them or too dangerous.

He could use that mind that he keeps bragging about. So what if he's a weaker than the others in his family that shouldn't stop him from doing anything that super, right?

#9 Posted by stephens2177 (1095 posts) - - Show Bio

thecrowbar- i dont think he needs that treatment,because he is already very different than superman in many ways.the bezerk clone thing is cool,kinda like pre 52 with how if you cloned a kryptonian they would become bizzaro,so they swapped bizzaro for bezerk. 

kon is very much a contender for kryptonians,thats obvious,but the thing is you dont ever see him doing amazing things that others do at that power level,besides lil fights with them,he keeps most of his action at a low level,like he lifts a car,when he could lift a bldg or more,he punches a regular guy and stops bullets,but he can punch space ships and fly to the sun(maybe).i dont think he needs to be one way or another.its like they are purposely grounding him in reality,or a ultra scifi level of reality,instead of throwing him into crazy,unbelievable,bigger than life things. 

i do wish he could slread his mind to anything,even things he cant touch,it would complete him in so many ways,and this would imo be way more important than him having his TK on all the time,that is something believable and keeps him vulnerable at some level,which is good for the character.i dont understand why he cant spread his mind out already anyway,because if he can feel the air around him,shouldnt he be able to spread his mind/TTK through it? then on to everything else? 

i wish they would make a bigger deal of his intelligence,memory,and processing speed,because even if they dont say it,he uses them everytime he uses his TTK senses. 

do you think SB will ever get his own fortress of solitude? or is he not alien enough for that?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.