Getting started

#1 Posted by Z3RO180 (6591 posts) - - Show Bio

Hi there i was going to stat reading some stuff about super boy aka conner kent and i was woundering whitch one i should stat on.

#2 Edited by nightwing91 (3912 posts) - - Show Bio

Teen titans vol 3 issue 1 where he starts developing his kryptonian powers, but most of the stuff from his first solo series is ignored. Keep going with teen titans until around infinite crisis, then legion of 3 worlds then his run in adventure comics before his new solo series and you should be good.

#3 Posted by RedK (2521 posts) - - Show Bio
@nightwing91 said:
Teen titans vol 3 issue 1 where he starts devloping his kryptonian powers, but most of the stuff from his first solo series is ignored. Keep going with teen titans until around infinite crisis, then legion of e worlds then his run in aadventure comics before his new solo series and you should be good.
this is exactly what i did, and i also read his solo series when he was living in Hawaii. 

@Z3RO180
if you don't feel like reading it all which would be a shame you could just read Adventure comics then his new solo series
#4 Posted by nightwing91 (3912 posts) - - Show Bio
@RedK: His solo series in Hawaii was great, it's just seems to haave been totally forgotten.
#5 Posted by RedK (2521 posts) - - Show Bio
@nightwing91:  yea it really sucks, when the previews were out for the first issue of Adventure comics, and they had him choosing a class in school, i was thinking that they could of had him choose art classes sort of a little nod to when Kyle Rayner thaught him to draw when they had that team up, and it seems like we might see some of his old supporting cast since Cadamus has started working on DNAliens again
#6 Posted by daredevil21134 (11923 posts) - - Show Bio
@nightwing91 said:
@RedK: His solo series in Hawaii was great, it's just seems to haave been totally forgotten.
i loved it
#8 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio
@nightwing91 said:
Exactly.
#9 Posted by nightwing91 (3912 posts) - - Show Bio
@RedK: The kyle rayner reference would be over most peoples heads however it'd e great for the people who actually read the series. I had hoped for a scene of grieving over Dubbliex, after all they were extremely close, it makes no sense to have him not mention it at least once.
#10 Posted by danhimself (22578 posts) - - Show Bio

The Death and Return of Superman arc where he made his first appearance might be a good place to start as well also don't forget the Young Justice series which is a highly underrated series...though you may have a hard time finding it since they haven't published any trades of it

#11 Posted by RedK (2521 posts) - - Show Bio
@nightwing91:  in the last 2 issues of the Supergirl series they mentioned Dubbliex and tried to create a clone of him, so maybe we might get some mention of him in Superboy's comic or him and Kara team up to bring down this new version of Cadmus
#12 Posted by nightwing91 (3912 posts) - - Show Bio
@RedK: I just hope they don't go for the obvious creating a evil dubbilex and have Connor battle him, I mean Dubbilex was much like a father figure for superboy for a long time.
#13 Posted by mark5 (1213 posts) - - Show Bio

I believe he had is own title when he was attacked by some monster in the kent farm or something? 
whats it called?

#14 Posted by Z3RO180 (6591 posts) - - Show Bio
@Primmaster64: u woudent happen to know if superboys current solo seris is collecible in  trade yet ??
#15 Posted by Morgaine_Levesque (2095 posts) - - Show Bio
#16 Posted by Z3RO180 (6591 posts) - - Show Bio
@Morgaine_de_Bourbon: is his current seris collectable in trade

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.