Future Super-Man

#1 Posted by Z3RO180 (6430 posts) - - Show Bio

Now i havent read anything about superboy in full.All i know about conner is what i have read on dc data base and comicvine,but i think like a lot you guys know that conner is going to be the futre super man at one pouint in time (in the comic that is) and i began to tink how would clark give conner the mantle of super man with out have the original dieing so i thought of the idea that clark got lois pregnat and clark still fought crime upto when the baby was born and e gave the mantle of super man to conner.

conners costume

and when he fought crime he would ues his titans tomorrow costume.(i just think this costume shouldbe used for adult good super man)

#2 Posted by nightwing91 (3912 posts) - - Show Bio

I highly doubt he would use his titans of tomorrow costume if he becomes Superman. He did see his future self torturing Deathstroke,burning his arm off. I don't think he would be willing to wear that costume knowing how he was when he saw himself wearing it. And in superman/batman when we saw him as superman in the future, he was in the traditonal costume there. And when he assumed the Superman mantle briefly back in the Superboy and the Ravers title, he wore the traditional Superman costume.

#3 Posted by Z3RO180 (6430 posts) - - Show Bio
@nightwing91:
i see your point but if i were conner and i became super man i would make my costume but still resembiling the classic one.plus the titans tomorrow costume is just badass.
#4 Posted by superboyrocks13 (1089 posts) - - Show Bio
Future JLA
if he becomes super man he should wear this one
#5 Posted by U R Sofa King We Todd Did (1124 posts) - - Show Bio
@superboyrocks13 said:
"
Future JLA
if he becomes super man he should wear this one "
i like this better. not dark and it is filled with that optimism a superman costume should have. btw, where is this from?
#6 Edited by Kallarkz (3303 posts) - - Show Bio
@superboyrocks13 said:

"

Future JLA
if he becomes super man he should wear this one "
very nice pic.

And your theory of why Clark would retire is possible. He doesn't have to die in order for Superboy to take on the Superman mantle.

I would love to read a series with these guys ^ (in their future selves)
#7 Posted by sesquipedalophobe (4699 posts) - - Show Bio

While I agree Conner should replace Superman at some point, I don't like the idea of using his own variation of the original costume. If anything, a take on Superman Blue/Red's costume would probably be a little more to his style (minus the cowl). Having a cape screams 1940s to me.

#8 Posted by Z3RO180 (6430 posts) - - Show Bio
@superboyrocks13:
yea that costume would probely be better cause it a lot more couler full and not as dark as the other one but still there both bad ass.
#9 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32993 posts) - - Show Bio

he should just use this
#10 Posted by DEGRAAF (7875 posts) - - Show Bio

If it were my choice i would have him wear the Titans of Tomorrow costume. I think the Future JLA version reminds me of a little kids pajamas.

Isn't it stated that once Lois dies, Superman place the mantle upon Superman-Secondus (basically the second superman) while he goes the travel and explore the universe? I dont believe they ever state who Superman-Secondus is (since Lois and Kal-El can't have kids) but i thought they do say that he is the son of Lois and Superman. I always assumed that once Ma Kent dies, Conner (while he would be in his 20's) would be considered part of their family and would take over as the second superman.

I always thought that there needs to be more diolgue and more of a relationship between Kal-El and Con-El.

#11 Posted by Z3RO180 (6430 posts) - - Show Bio
@DEGRAAF: In the comics just clark treat conner as a son or a brother.Cause well he is his casue he is clarks clone.
#12 Posted by DEGRAAF (7875 posts) - - Show Bio

he treats Conner like a cousin. They dont seem to communicate much.
#13 Posted by daredevil21134 (11350 posts) - - Show Bio
@DEGRAAF said:
yeah he does
#14 Posted by Z3RO180 (6430 posts) - - Show Bio
@daredevil21134: well i think supes should take his head out his a~~ and start treating conner like a son insted of a cousin, cause technicly he is his son.
#15 Posted by nightwing91 (3912 posts) - - Show Bio
@Z3RO180 said:
@daredevil21134: well i think supes should take his head out his a~~ and start treating conner like a son insted of a cousin, cause technicly he is his son.
Superman has commented on this  before, a parrell Earth Clark Kent that when Superboy  first appeared thaat he tried to treat him like a son,but once he gave him his kryptonian name, he acceptted him not as a son, but a brother.
#16 Posted by PrinceIMC (5421 posts) - - Show Bio

What if Superman never dies or retires? I think Superboy should start thinking of his own kind of Nightwing identity. Not something to distance himself from Supes but something for him to make his own. If he grows up and Superman is still around what will he be? Unless they're both going to be Superman sort of like Green Arrows or Batmen.

#17 Posted by DEGRAAF (7875 posts) - - Show Bio
@daredevil21134 said:
@DEGRAAF said:
yeah he does

yea he does what?
#18 Posted by Z3RO180 (6430 posts) - - Show Bio
@nightwing91: Well thanks for clearing that up for me mate.
#19 Posted by nightwing91 (3912 posts) - - Show Bio
@Z3RO180: Anytime man
#20 Posted by Deprive (49 posts) - - Show Bio
@nightwing91: but when Conner died Lois quoted Superman saying he felt as he lost a son.
#21 Posted by nightwing91 (3912 posts) - - Show Bio
@Deprive: Was it Superman who made the quote, or was it something that Clark told Lois.
#22 Posted by Z3RO180 (6430 posts) - - Show Bio
@Deprive: Really???? What comic was that in???

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.