First Look: 'Adventure Comics' #2 Preview!

Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio

Geoff Johns and Francis Manapul give us some 'Superboy' goodness!

Conner Kent is back, and he's ready for action in the second issue of 'Adventure Comics' written by Geoff Johns with art by Francis Manapul! In this issue, Superboy talks to Cassie Sandstark about the future of their relationship while Lex Luthor and Brainiac forms a partnership that could be detrimental to the future of the DCU! Check out the incredible images of the upcoming issue which is due for release on September 9th!

#1 Posted by inferiorego (24359 posts) - - Show Bio

My only problem is that the Legion story, from those two panels, is missing Star Man...

I love this book!

Staff
#2 Posted by dondasch (926 posts) - - Show Bio

Doesn't look bad at all !  Always enjoyed Geoff Johns, and it appears Francis is a very good artist.

#3 Posted by FoxxFireArt (3554 posts) - - Show Bio

It's a beautiful and romantic image, but there is something a tad unsettling that Krypto is being used to hold the table up. At least that's how it feels with the way he's arranged in the image.

#4 Posted by danhimself (22537 posts) - - Show Bio

if I had to drop all books except for one then I would keep this book...I love it!

#5 Posted by NightFang (10049 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks like a good read.

#6 Posted by RedK (2521 posts) - - Show Bio

can't wait.
wonder what's up with luthor and the new clone

#7 Posted by afierce (257 posts) - - Show Bio

This cover is fantastic. What a romantic image!

#8 Posted by Nahero (9915 posts) - - Show Bio

its looks very interesting

#9 Posted by Mbecks14 (2068 posts) - - Show Bio

So excited for this book! I'm loving everything so far! Superboy, the Legion of Superheroes, Luthor, Brainiac, Krypto, Geoff Johns, both artists, and geust stars from superboy's past.

very good time to be a superman fan

#10 Posted by Kyle C (96 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't wait!!

#11 Edited by Media_Master (2189 posts) - - Show Bio

superboy is smoooth

#12 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

i love pretty pictures, but loathe Saturn Girl's haircut

#13 Posted by Pheeke (198 posts) - - Show Bio

i loved issue 1, i'm going to buy this the art is great too.
#14 Edited by crazed_h3ro (1000 posts) - - Show Bio

superboy and the leagion fighting lex and brainiac....oooh it's on
#15 Posted by 04nbod (174 posts) - - Show Bio

The first issue main story was so dry and I hate the list idea.Connor actively becoming little superman, no thanks. Its such a shame because the legion was so good

#16 Posted by burr787 (2504 posts) - - Show Bio

Did anyone notice how Ma Kent sort of deaged (and lost weight). She used to look like a real old Grandma but now she sort of looks like a slightly older version of Ultimate Aunt May.

#17 Posted by RedGhostman (104 posts) - - Show Bio
@04nbod said:
" The first issue main story was so dry and I hate the list idea.Connor actively becoming little superman, no thanks. Its such a shame because the legion was so good "
I think the list is for Conner to make sure he's good and not bad. I like how relaxed the first issue was. There is just way too much drama going on around with Blackest Night that with this story, it's good to have a breather. 

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.