End of Issue 2 Question

#1 Posted by OnlyWonderBoy (47 posts) - - Show Bio

I was hoping that someone here could give me some insight into the end of the second issue. Being new to comics, I'm a little out of the loop when it comes to certain things. Were the character's at the end of the issue already know, or are the brand new? It seems that they've been attempting to take control of Smallville for a while so I'm not sure. Any insight would be nice.

#2 Posted by Jekylhyde14 (747 posts) - - Show Bio

I believe those two creepy farmers at the end of Superboy #2 were brand new characters. At least, I've never seen them before. They seem to be the mysterious villains of this Superboy era. However, they did mention a c-list DC villain. At one point, one of the farmers states "...they've been cloaked, Tannarak assured me." I'm pretty sure he was referring to this guy:  http://www.comicvine.com/tannarak/29-29057/  

Tannarak is an evil sorcerer who was an enemy of the Phantom Stranger. Considering we had a Phantom Stranger appearance in issue #1, it makes sense that one of the Stranger's villains would be mentioned at the end of issue #2. He and these creepy farmers must have something to do with the Darkness that the Stranger warned Conner about and that we've been warned of in recent issues for Superman and the Legion. 

#3 Posted by OnlyWonderBoy (47 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jekylhyde14:
 Okay, that makes sense. Thanks for the insight.
#4 Posted by Jekylhyde14 (747 posts) - - Show Bio
@onlywonderboy:  
No problem. :)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.