Do you think Conner is Superman's son or cousin

#1 Posted by Darkspyda15 (46 posts) - - Show Bio

A lot of people say there cousins but he has both human and kryptonian Dna what do u think?

#2 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman and Lex Luthor had a baby together :D

#3 Posted by Kurrent (14070 posts) - - Show Bio

Connor is a clone of Superman and Lex Luthor.

#4 Posted by Vance Astro (91414 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nighthunter said:
" Superman and Lex Luthor had a baby together :D "
I knew they were in love.
Moderator
#5 Posted by Darkspyda15 (46 posts) - - Show Bio

I know he is his clone but lex treats Conner as if he was his son but Clark treats him like a cousin why didnt he adopt and raise him like he did with chris?

#6 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

in all seriousness, superman considers Connor his brother

#7 Edited by fedykin87 (102 posts) - - Show Bio

Clark thinks of him like  a brother but when you get down to it here's the basic layout for him and Conner.
 
Superman
Conner was created using half his DNA and half Lex's DNA.
Normal kids are created from half one parent's DNA and half and other parent's DNA in the womb
Conclusion, he's the son of Lex Luthor and Superman but the method of creation was via cloning
 
Clark Kent
As far as everything shows Conner Kent is the cousin of Clark Kent
however I wasn't aware Martha or Johnathan had sibilings
Also doesn't explain how he looks a lot like Clark, he'd have to be his genetic cousin not one from the Kents

#8 Posted by Moomin123 (2205 posts) - - Show Bio

Superboy is Superman's half Kryptonian/half human clone. I guess he's sort of like his son, but in other ways, he is a younf half human Superman. Kinda like Tom Welling's Superman in Smallville.
#9 Posted by ~The Wanderer~ (34406 posts) - - Show Bio
@fedykin87 said:
" Clark Kent As far as everything shows Conner Kent is the cousin of Clark Kent however I wasn't aware Martha or Johnathan had sibilings Also doesn't explain how he looks a lot like Clark, he'd have to be his genetic cousin not one from the Kents "
Aren't the people in the DCU supposed to believe that Clark is the Kents' real son though? So Conner's similarity to Clark shouldn't technically be an issue...
#10 Posted by fedykin87 (102 posts) - - Show Bio
@~The Wanderer~ said:
" @fedykin87 said:
" Clark Kent As far as everything shows Conner Kent is the cousin of Clark Kent however I wasn't aware Martha or Johnathan had sibilings Also doesn't explain how he looks a lot like Clark, he'd have to be his genetic cousin not one from the Kents "
Aren't the people in the DCU supposed to believe that Clark is the Kents' real son though? So Conner's similarity to Clark shouldn't technically be an issue... "
Hmmm...you might be right I know originally they were suppose to think that but I know shortly after Smallville first aired and I think the Superman Birthright origin was brought out they had it so that he was their adopted on. Though its DC and Clark has a new origin now so he probably is believed to be their real son again but its still set up that Johnathan and Martha don't have sibilings I believe
#11 Posted by ~The Wanderer~ (34406 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't remember that Birthright ever touched upon it. I know Superman: The Man of Steel (by John Byrne) had Clark not being officially adopted, but generally believed to biologically be a Kent. I guess we'll find out in Secret Origin.
Also, whether or not Jonathan and Martha have any siblings is also something that can be lied about ;P

#12 Posted by fedykin87 (102 posts) - - Show Bio

true but if someone was to look into it for whatever reason and not find anything but records showing a Conner Kent as the cousin then there might be some issues haha.
  I know Clark 'pulled' some strings to come up with Conner's whole civilian identity and make it legit but making up an aunt and uncle might be too much.

#13 Posted by Emerald_General_Jai (2306 posts) - - Show Bio

He's his son. Your child shares half your genetic make-up. Half from the other parent. Conner fits that criteria, though Kal treats him like a lil brother, Luthor definately treats him like the son he always wanted. Personally i find it irritating he was so quick to adopt Chris, but when an actual biological child is dropped in his lap he lets the kid run off to Hawaii, then ships him off to his parents...

#14 Posted by mrduckluck (133 posts) - - Show Bio

He´s  superman´s clone
#15 Posted by ~The Wanderer~ (34406 posts) - - Show Bio
@Emerald_General_Jai said:
" Personally i find it irritating he was so quick to adopt Chris, but when an actual biological child is dropped in his lap he lets the kid run off to Hawaii, then ships him off to his parents... "
Maybe adopting Chris was Clark's way of correcting his mistake of NOT adopting Conner. After all, Conner was dead by the time Chris showed up.
#16 Posted by RedK (2521 posts) - - Show Bio

In Superman Blackest Night 3 he says that connor his his brother.

#17 Posted by fedykin87 (102 posts) - - Show Bio
@~The Wanderer~ said:
" @Emerald_General_Jai said:
" Personally i find it irritating he was so quick to adopt Chris, but when an actual biological child is dropped in his lap he lets the kid run off to Hawaii, then ships him off to his parents... "
Maybe adopting Chris was Clark's way of correcting his mistake of NOT adopting Conner. After all, Conner was dead by the time Chris showed up. "
either that or he knows better than to try raising a teenager, I don't think even Superman can handle that job haha. Only other explanation is that he's a dead beat dad or something. Lex thought of him as a son ever since he controlled Conner and he called him dad even going as far as actually caring about him and mourning his death so I don't get why in the recent adventure comic they made him think of him as 'propriety' unless he just says that to throw off brainic as even he can sense Lex cares for Conner.
#18 Posted by RedK (2521 posts) - - Show Bio
@fedykin87 said:
"  Lex thought of him as a son ever since he controlled Conner and he called him dad even going as far as actually caring about him and mourning his death so I don't get why in the recent adventure comic they made him think of him as 'propriety' unless he just says that to throw off brainic as even he can sense Lex cares for Conner. "
How do you know it isn't the other way around and he's telling Brainic the truth
#19 Posted by U R Sofa King We Todd Did (1109 posts) - - Show Bio

I definitely do not see them having a father/son relationship and they don't really have a cousin type relationship. They are more like brothers than anything else.

#20 Posted by Darkspyda15 (46 posts) - - Show Bio
@Emerald_General_Jai:
i felt the same way. it kinda pissed me off that Clark just passed conner off to his mom an dad but held on to Chris like his own blood. I can see why he wanted to keep Chris because  he is Kryptionian. But conner has his dna, Other then treating him like a clone why dosen't he treat like like his son conner looks up to him as a  father.
#21 Posted by johnny_spam (2020 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think they should have a father son relationship and they don't seem to be that I think Supergirl fills that family void better and I think he adopted Chris just because he was a little kid when he first showed up.
#22 Posted by fedykin87 (102 posts) - - Show Bio
@johnny spam said:

" I don't think they should have a father son relationship and they don't seem to be that I think Supergirl fills that family void better and I think he adopted Chris just because he was a little kid when he first showed up. "

True I think that is why he adopted him too but he almost instantly fell in love with the boy and basically was his father in every sense but DNA. I've always felt that Conner should have that relationship with him and Lois instead of like Dark Spyda15 said he just passes him off to Ma and Pa. I don't so much think Supergirl fills that void since she's only really there whenever DC feels like writing them in the same issue were as Superboy and Superman interact a lot with each other. However I do kinda think the reason Clark now sees Conner as a brother is because Conner has been through the same death and resurrection as him and has proven that he's just as much a 'MAN' as Clark and regardless of being called a 'BOY' I know Kal-L even stated he saw that in Infinite Crisis.
#23 Posted by johnny_spam (2020 posts) - - Show Bio

I also think Superman sees him as a brother because he was a born teenager who probably wanted space and to figure things out for himself Superman probably respects that and will always provide help or a friendly ear when Conner asks for it.

#24 Posted by Super-Spider9988 (1 posts) - - Show Bio

in the beginning when kon was living in hawaii the two of them werent that close, later on they started to have a brotherly relationship. the kents made up the story that kon was clarks cousin and had him call them aunt martha and uncle john at the beginning of teen titans, but by the time they get to the teen titans annual, just before his final battle with prime he starts calling them ma and pa. I guess its just easier to believ thier cousins since clark is too young to have a teenaged son. but if you look at it technically they should be father and son. but thats the odd thing about clones, thier relationship to thier original host varies depending on the situation.  jango and boba fett are father and son, spiderman and scarlet spider are cousins, and wolverine and x-23 are like brother and sister.
#25 Posted by Bubbly Bunny (72 posts) - - Show Bio

Lex and Superman. Two people who despise each other had a baby.............oooooo kinky

#26 Posted by DEGRAAF (7918 posts) - - Show Bio
@Darkspyda15 said:
"@Emerald_General_Jai: i felt the same way. it kinda pissed me off that Clark just passed conner off to his mom an dad but held on to Chris like his own blood. I can see why he wanted to keep Chris because  he is Kryptionian. But conner has his dna, Other then treating him like a clone why dosen't he treat like like his son conner looks up to him as a  father. "
Does they actually say he looks up to Clark as a father figure?

@fedykin87 said:
" @~The Wanderer~ said:
" @Emerald_General_Jai said:
" Personally i find it irritating he was so quick to adopt Chris, but when an actual biological child is dropped in his lap he lets the kid run off to Hawaii, then ships him off to his parents... "
Maybe adopting Chris was Clark's way of correcting his mistake of NOT adopting Conner. After all, Conner was dead by the time Chris showed up. "
either that or he knows better than to try raising a teenager, I don't think even Superman can handle that job haha. Only other explanation is that he's a dead beat dad or something. Lex thought of him as a son ever since he controlled Conner and he called him dad even going as far as actually caring about him and mourning his death so I don't get why in the recent adventure comic they made him think of him as 'propriety' unless he just says that to throw off brainic as even he can sense Lex cares for Conner. "
he doesnt care for him any more bc Conner chose supermans side
 
@Emerald_General_Jai said:
"He's his son. Your child shares half your genetic make-up. Half from the other parent. Conner fits that criteria, though Kal treats him like a lil brother, Luthor definately treats him like the son he always wanted. Personally i find it irritating he was so quick to adopt Chris, but when an actual biological child is dropped in his lap he lets the kid run off to Hawaii, then ships him off to his parents... "
i agree with this but you have to admit that when they adopted chris he was like 4 yrs old, when he met Conner he was already around 16 yrs old also i believe that Conner chose to go to the kents didnt he, i know that is the safe haven for all Kryptonian EL's
 
@Nighthunter
said:
"in all seriousness, superman considers Connor his brother "

really?
#27 Posted by danhimself (22718 posts) - - Show Bio
@DEGRAAF said:  
@Nighthunter said:
"in all seriousness, superman considers Connor his brother "

really?
"
no...they both refer to each other as "cousin"
#28 Posted by DEGRAAF (7918 posts) - - Show Bio
@danhimself said:
" @DEGRAAF said:  
@Nighthunter said:
"in all seriousness, superman considers Connor his brother "

really?
"
no...they both refer to each other as "cousin" "

they might "refer" to each other as cousins but when superboy first came back in adventure comics while making the lists it felt to me like he was trying to figure out which "parent" he is more like. That seemed like he looked to him as a  father or older brother
#29 Posted by roxamilli (174 posts) - - Show Bio

He's Clarks son technically, but he doesn't treat him like one. :(
#30 Posted by Primmaster64 (21073 posts) - - Show Bio

Son

#31 Posted by danhimself (22718 posts) - - Show Bio

cousin...we never see any kind of Father/Son dynamic between the two...it's always more of Superman coming around giving Conner some advice then going on his way...when they're around each other it's more of a close friend relationship if anything....we see how Superman is with Chris and that's the father/son dynamic...you don't get any closer than that...even Lois looks at Chris as a son

#32 Posted by ssejllenrad (12790 posts) - - Show Bio
@roxamilli said:
" He's Clarks son technically, but he doesn't treat him like one. :( "
Clark sees him as too old to be his son so he's taken in as a cousin. Chris was young when they found him so he can be accepted as a son. My 2 cents!
#33 Posted by ComicMan24 (147047 posts) - - Show Bio
@ssejllenrad said:
" @roxamilli said:
" He's Clarks son technically, but he doesn't treat him like one. :( "
Clark sees him as too old to be his son so he's taken in as a cousin. Chris was young when they found him so he can be accepted as a son. My 2 cents! "
I agree with this.
#34 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23238 posts) - - Show Bio

I think he looks at him more like a younger brother.

#35 Posted by daken_2513 (402 posts) - - Show Bio

yeah i think they seem more like brothers
#36 Posted by Thor's hammmer (7162 posts) - - Show Bio

well this is silly superboy is obvi Supermans mom duhh
#37 Posted by Z3RO180 (6712 posts) - - Show Bio

even thoe conner is a clone of super man he is super mans son because he is made from him. 
 
super man may be the words greatest hero but hes a shit dad....come on super man spend some time with your son conner and beat the shit out of some bad guys together....now theres a father son activiy.
#38 Posted by batflasharrow96 (445 posts) - - Show Bio

I think he's emotionally his little brother.

#39 Posted by DEGRAAF (7918 posts) - - Show Bio
@Z3RO180:
Thats what i always wanted to see too. I want to see an arc (3 issues or so) or them bonding, Superman teaching, showing what their true relationship and feelings towards one another are while beating the crap out of each other (Training) and out of the baddest villains in the DCU (a group of Sinestro Corps members, Mongul II, Parasite and Livewire, train against the GL's of earth)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.