Adventure Comics Discussion Thread

  • 63 results
  • 1
  • 2
#1 Posted by danhimself (22492 posts) - - Show Bio

 

So did you read the first issue?  What did you think?  Did you like it?  Hate It?
#2 Posted by inferiorego (23084 posts) - - Show Bio

It was my pick of the week. I was very surprised with how great the story and art were. Plus, the Star-Man back-up was hilarious.

Staff
#3 Posted by danhimself (22492 posts) - - Show Bio

I was really impressed with it....I like how the back-up story seems to be tieing into the main story

#4 Posted by inferiorego (23084 posts) - - Show Bio

yeah, that's pretty awesome, rather than being a separate story

Staff
#5 Posted by blade hunter (1813 posts) - - Show Bio

i loved the art work and im extreamly happy to have the boy of steel back, i hope we get a Red Robin, Superboy, Kid Flash [the titan's holy trinity] crossover.
#6 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought it was great. I'm glad he's back and that his story looks like it will be good. I liked it the whole way through (even that Valentine kid) but that Luthor bit at the end was just a nice way to finish it and make everything just look a little different. Gotta echo statements on the backup stuff. Glad that the Legion isn't gone and that it looks like it might switch between being on its own and being relevant to current stuff. And that art was fantastic.

Moderator
#7 Posted by Darkchild (40624 posts) - - Show Bio

writes down another issue for him to pick up  on monday

If its Connor no doubt in my mind am i buying it. BIG Superboy fan

#8 Posted by danhimself (22492 posts) - - Show Bio

this just seems like a no brainer to me....I mean we've seen the art it looks fantastic and it's written by pretty much the best writer around right now, Geoff Johns!!!

#9 Posted by deathswitch (475 posts) - - Show Bio
@danhimself said:
" this just seems like a no brainer to me....I mean we've seen the art it looks fantastic and it's written by pretty much the best writer around right now, Geoff Johns!!! "
i consider it ironic that the guy who killed him, now has brought him back and is writing him
#10 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio

Superboy isnt even the star of it...star-man is He's so psycho I've loved him since he was on the JSA

#11 Posted by danhimself (22492 posts) - - Show Bio
@deathswitch said:
" @danhimself said:
" this just seems like a no brainer to me....I mean we've seen the art it looks fantastic and it's written by pretty much the best writer around right now, Geoff Johns!!! "
i consider it ironic that the guy who killed him, now has brought him back and is writing him "

Maybe Geoff has a plan for him....He's had Blackest Night planned out since Green Lantern: Rebirth
#12 Posted by deathswitch (475 posts) - - Show Bio
@danhimself said:
" @deathswitch said:
" @danhimself said:
" this just seems like a no brainer to me....I mean we've seen the art it looks fantastic and it's written by pretty much the best writer around right now, Geoff Johns!!! "
i consider it ironic that the guy who killed him, now has brought him back and is writing him "
Maybe Geoff has a plan for him....He's had Blackest Night planned out since Green Lantern: Rebirth "
true. im just glad superboy is back, in this issue he said he wants to be on the teen titans again 
i hope he does
#13 Posted by danhimself (22492 posts) - - Show Bio
@deathswitch said:
" @danhimself said:
" @deathswitch said:
" @danhimself said:
" this just seems like a no brainer to me....I mean we've seen the art it looks fantastic and it's written by pretty much the best writer around right now, Geoff Johns!!! "
i consider it ironic that the guy who killed him, now has brought him back and is writing him "
Maybe Geoff has a plan for him....He's had Blackest Night planned out since Green Lantern: Rebirth "
true. im just glad superboy is back, in this issue he said he wants to be on the teen titans again i hope he does "

I kind of hope that too but at the same time I'd kind of like him to stick to his own title for alittle while
#14 Posted by deathswitch (475 posts) - - Show Bio
@danhimself said:
" @deathswitch said:
" @danhimself said:
" @deathswitch said:
" @danhimself said:
" this just seems like a no brainer to me....I mean we've seen the art it looks fantastic and it's written by pretty much the best writer around right now, Geoff Johns!!! "
i consider it ironic that the guy who killed him, now has brought him back and is writing him "
Maybe Geoff has a plan for him....He's had Blackest Night planned out since Green Lantern: Rebirth "
true. im just glad superboy is back, in this issue he said he wants to be on the teen titans again i hope he does "
I kind of hope that too but at the same time I'd kind of like him to stick to his own title for alittle while "
i wonder how the issue with him and tim will go?
#15 Posted by danhimself (22492 posts) - - Show Bio
@deathswitch said:
" @danhimself said:
" @deathswitch said:
" @danhimself said:
" @deathswitch said:
" @danhimself said:
" this just seems like a no brainer to me....I mean we've seen the art it looks fantastic and it's written by pretty much the best writer around right now, Geoff Johns!!! "
i consider it ironic that the guy who killed him, now has brought him back and is writing him "
Maybe Geoff has a plan for him....He's had Blackest Night planned out since Green Lantern: Rebirth "
true. im just glad superboy is back, in this issue he said he wants to be on the teen titans again i hope he does "
I kind of hope that too but at the same time I'd kind of like him to stick to his own title for alittle while "
i wonder how the issue with him and tim will go? "

that's what I'm wondering...Tim's changed a lot recently and I'm wondering how Conner is going to react to him now
#16 Posted by deathswitch (475 posts) - - Show Bio
@danhimself said:
" @deathswitch said:
" @danhimself said:
" @deathswitch said:
" @danhimself said:
" @deathswitch said:
" @danhimself said:
" this just seems like a no brainer to me....I mean we've seen the art it looks fantastic and it's written by pretty much the best writer around right now, Geoff Johns!!! "
i consider it ironic that the guy who killed him, now has brought him back and is writing him "
Maybe Geoff has a plan for him....He's had Blackest Night planned out since Green Lantern: Rebirth "
true. im just glad superboy is back, in this issue he said he wants to be on the teen titans again i hope he does "
I kind of hope that too but at the same time I'd kind of like him to stick to his own title for alittle while "
i wonder how the issue with him and tim will go? "
that's what I'm wondering...Tim's changed a lot recently and I'm wondering how Conner is going to react to him now "
tim is a darker character now, im also wondering how the issue with cassie will go, bc some of the images i've seen like they are getting "close" again
#17 Posted by danhimself (22492 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think it will be a problem at all....he was dead... they kissed once and that was it....and I don't think Conner and Cassie will be getting back together....There hasn't been any news of him appearing in Teen Titans any time soon and we have solicitations up til around December now...also Cassie is only slated to be in issue 2 of Adventure Comics and nothing after that....I'm guessing that they have a talk and decide to stay friends for the time being....that makes room for the prediction made in Origins and Omens that Cassie and Blue Beetle will kiss at some point

#18 Posted by deathswitch (475 posts) - - Show Bio

well i was just using her as an example because the solicit for issue three says tim kept things from conner 
and off the top of my head thats all i can think of

#19 Posted by inferiorego (23084 posts) - - Show Bio

I realized this today: Star-Man=Deadpool with an interesting back story.

Staff
#20 Posted by Strife (1102 posts) - - Show Bio
@inferiorego said:
" I realized this today: Star-Man=Deadpool with an interesting back story. "
I agree, thom is much cooler than wade though
#21 Posted by New Mutant Zombie (80 posts) - - Show Bio

Dang! I got into D.C. just before Super Boy died. Then he did & i was dissapointed. Glad to see him back. I bought most of 52 hoping that he would. I got to 39 & gave up. 
I would really loke to pick this issue up now.
#22 Posted by deathswitch (475 posts) - - Show Bio
@New Mutant Zombie said:
" Dang! I got into D.C. just before Super Boy died. Then he did & i was dissapointed. Glad to see him back. I bought most of 52 hoping that he would. I got to 39 & gave up. I would really loke to pick this issue up now. "
you should it's good 
the only problem i had with it was it seemed like it was a fast read
#23 Posted by RedK (2521 posts) - - Show Bio
@deathswitch said:
" the only problem i had with it was it seemed like it was a fast read "
yeah had the same problem with this and the new ultimate spiderman seems like the first issues go by fast
#24 Posted by deathswitch (475 posts) - - Show Bio
@RedK said:
" @deathswitch said:
" the only problem i had with it was it seemed like it was a fast read "
yeah had the same problem with this and the new ultimate spiderman seems like the first issues go by fast "
they really do, because they have to set things up
#25 Posted by Pres (52 posts) - - Show Bio

Great issue
#26 Posted by deathswitch (475 posts) - - Show Bio
@Pres said:
" Great issue "
that's an understatement
#27 Posted by Pres (52 posts) - - Show Bio
@deathswitch:
I know, lol. One of my favorite issues of the year so far. So happy to see Conner back, he was one of my favorites. Anyone who is a fan of superboy is a freind of mine. lol
#28 Posted by deathswitch (475 posts) - - Show Bio
@Pres said:
" @deathswitch: I know, lol. One of my favorite issues of the year so far. So happy to see Conner back, he was one of my favorites. Anyone who is a fan of superboy is a freind of mine. lol "
guess that makes us friends then lol
but i cried when he died
and then i like cried from excitement when he came back
#29 Posted by Pres (52 posts) - - Show Bio
@deathswitch:
Haha I totally felt the same way. I wonder what the twist on the last page ment?
#30 Posted by Emperor Gonzo Noir (19714 posts) - - Show Bio

god i can't wait to see where this series go
#31 Posted by RedK (2521 posts) - - Show Bio
@Pres said:
 I wonder what the twist on the last page ment? "
maybe he's seeing who he takes after supes or ***
#32 Posted by Editboy (183 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked this issue a lot, kind of mirrors Superboy trying to be like Superman with the checklist, i especially liked when he was talking to Superman about Lex Luthor. It was a really cool and fun book.

#33 Posted by deathswitch (475 posts) - - Show Bio
@Pres said:
" @deathswitch: Haha I totally felt the same way. I wonder what the twist on the last page ment? "
i bet it's just showing that superboy will always be struggling with who he shares DNA with
#34 Posted by Pres (52 posts) - - Show Bio
@deathswitch:
Idk it was wierd I mean he cant turn bad.
#35 Posted by deathswitch (475 posts) - - Show Bio
@Pres said:
" @deathswitch: Idk it was wierd I mean he cant turn bad. "
yeah then he wouldn't be superboy
#36 Posted by danhimself (22492 posts) - - Show Bio

 
#37 Posted by danhimself (22492 posts) - - Show Bio

 
#38 Posted by DEGRAAF (7876 posts) - - Show Bio

i know this is random but how does the strangth variation work. 
 
he is as strong as super boy prime 
he is weaker than superman 
superman is weaker than superboy prime 
superman used to be weaker than earth-2 superman but is now closer to being equal strength with him 
superboy is weaker than earth 2 superman  
Krypto seem to be the last resort stronger than ant other 
 
Is that all correct or am i wrong?
#39 Posted by danhimself (22492 posts) - - Show Bio
@DEGRAAF said:
"i know this is random but how does the strangth variation work.  he is as strong as super boy prime he is weaker than superman superman is weaker than superboy prime superman used to be weaker than earth-2 superman but is now closer to being equal strength with him superboy is weaker than earth 2 superman  Krypto seem to be the last resort stronger than ant other  Is that all correct or am i wrong? "

I don't think that Superboy Prime was at his best when they fought last time
#40 Posted by DEGRAAF (7876 posts) - - Show Bio

i was just taking from what was stated on his page, which is that he is strong enough to go toe to toe with super boy prime.
#41 Posted by danhimself (22492 posts) - - Show Bio
@DEGRAAF said:
"i was just taking from what was stated on his page, which is that he is strong enough to go toe to toe with super boy prime. "

It's hard to say....in the first fight Conner got his a$$ handed to him pretty quickly but really SBP jumped him...in their second fight Conner was still weak from the first fight...but in the third he held his own but still had most of the Legions of the 3 Worlds helping him out
#42 Posted by deathswitch (475 posts) - - Show Bio
@danhimself said:
"
 
"
issue two out tomorrow
im ready!
#43 Posted by Dreadmaster (16778 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't wait for issue two

#44 Posted by deathswitch (475 posts) - - Show Bio
@dreadmaster said:
" I can't wait for issue two "
i just want more superboy action
there is never enough
#45 Posted by danhimself (22492 posts) - - Show Bio
@deathswitch:
I was ready today...stupid labor day
#46 Posted by deathswitch (475 posts) - - Show Bio
@danhimself said:
" @deathswitch: I was ready today...stupid labor day "
i know 
especially when they advertise on their website that it comes out today
liars!
#47 Posted by danhimself (22492 posts) - - Show Bio

Issue 2 surprised me...I honestly wasn't expecting that to happen...I hope Conner goes back to the Teen Titans soon

#48 Posted by deathswitch (475 posts) - - Show Bio
@danhimself said:
" Issue 2 surprised me...I honestly wasn't expecting that to happen...I hope Conner goes back to the Teen Titans soon "
i did not expect it to happen
and i wonder whats up with lex just finding out that conner is back
also yes the teen titans need him
#49 Edited by Dreadmaster (16778 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked issue #2 alot, such a good story that drew me in to reading, especially when Conner and Cassie...Just felt like it was too short and Superboy newb here but i didn't know Superboy also had Lex's DNA inside him. Freaky stuff. lol

#50 Posted by ~The Wanderer~ (34405 posts) - - Show Bio
@dreadmaster said:
" ...and Superboy newb here but i didn't know Superboy also had Lex's DNA inside him. Freaky stuff. lol "
lol well he was created from Lex's and Supes's DNA...so basically he has 2 genetic fathers but no mother..0_o
I liked this issue too. Nice twist with Lightning Lord's missing twin and all, but I wonder how he found out?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.