Follow

Kon-El

Character » Kon-El appears in 1739 issues.

Conner Kent, also known as Kon-El, is a human/Kryptonian hybrid clone of Superman and Lex Luthor created by N.O.W.H.E.R.E. for the purpose of being the mantle of Superman. Instead, he stuck to his own path, and became a member of the Teen Titans.

A New Superboy Series Soars

No_name_here

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By No_name_here

Superboy's angry side, his dubious side, his... demure side?
     Superboy's angry side, his dubious side, his... demure side?

There’s no keeping Superboy down, is there? Connor Kent, Kon-El, or whatever he prefers to go by… things weren’t really going his way when he was blown-up to death in INFINITE CRISIS, were they? But he’s back in style and what better measure is there of a character’s bountiful return than for him to get his very own monthly title? It’s coming later this year, according to DC’s Source blog, from the combined talents of writer Jeff Lemire and artist Pier Gallo. The sketches you see to the right are some preliminary work that Gallo’s already done to get the look of everybody’s favorite super-clone down. Think of them as like saltine crackers before your chicken fingers… a taste of the taste readers will be getting in August’s ACTION COMICS #892. Lemire and Gallo will be doing a one-off co-feature there that’s going to give readers a feel for how their monthly series is going to shake down.

I recall that Lemire was also recently announced to be writing an Atom co-feature. I’ll confess, I haven’t gotten to read his SWEET TOOTH book for Vertigo (even though I’ve been consistently intrigued by the preponderance of antlers on the covers). Have any of you maniacs in the Comic Vine community been reading it? How’s it been? What’s it about?

Another thing… I’ll also confess that I haven’t been keeping close track of Superboy’s adventures since the "Hypertension" arc in his own title, but… what just was up with that retcon about him being half-Luthor? I know that bald Lexy has an obsession with the Man of Steel that gets more than a little weird at times, but making a child whose “parents” are effectively Lex Luthor and Superman tips that obsession a little over the cliff in the chasm of creepiness, doesn’t it?

-- Tom Pinchuk is the writer of UNIMAGINABLE for Arcana Studios and HYBRID BASTARDS! for Archaia. Pre-order the HYBRID BASTARDS! hardcover now on Amazon.com.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By danhimself

both of your posts should be deleted and you should get official warnings...if you don't have anything constructive to say about the topic then you don't need to post

@Tom Pinchuk:   It was revealed that instead of Paul Westfield using his own dna for Superboy that Lex Luthor had gotten his own DNA put into the mix and even programed subliminal orders into Superboy's mind so that he could take control over him at any given time...he eventually did this and turned him against the other Teen Titans but Superboy was able to break free of Lex's control and Superboy has since trained with some of DC's greatest psychics to keep Lex from doing it again

DMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By DMC

It's nice to see growth in the Superman franchise, that is if you count the Adventure Comics/LOSH as a Superman book.  If not, at least it's been replaced.

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By sora_thekey

Why do people keep saying first and second? is there a prize if you're first or something?...

Anyways... I am not very involved into the Superman U.... but I did read the first Adventure Comics with Superboy which I loved... so I want to read this new series!

I'm sorry but I like Superboy more than I like Superman!

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By Captain13

6th! This will be awesome.

mattydeNero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By mattydeNero

You know, I am pretty let down that ADV. COMICS didn't become Superboy's monthly title.  It's cool that he's getting a Vol. 3(?) but I think Superman in Action and Superboy in Adventure would have been just as cool.  The Johns/Manapul story in Adv. Comics #1-4, 6 was good, but it kind of left us hanging with no conclusion on the whole Supes-Lex clone situation.  The main thing Conner did was make a list of "what Superman and Lex Luthor would do".  Hopefully this series will bring us up to speed on his retcon 7 years ago.
    zombietag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By zombietag

sweet tooth is one of my favorite comics ever. its awesome. its got some cliche themes but its really well done and the art is very fitting for the story, but also very unique. its awesome. 

i really dig jeff lemires stuff and im glad hes getting to take on some bigger projects

Shaunw1973

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Shaunw1973

I thought Adventure Comics was Superboys monthly? It sucks now that Johns and Manapul moved on. Thank god they're on Flash!

Am not sure about this. I'll give it a go as long as DC leave out the ridiculous 'second feature'.

spiderguylll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By spiderguylll

meh...he should back to the teen titans or team up with Red Robin(needs a better name)

danielddavis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By danielddavis

Well it's about time.

dondasch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By dondasch

Huzzah.  Another mediocre character reborn from "death".

Mbecks14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#11  Edited By Mbecks14

yes! i was so salty when they kicked him out of adventure comics. i'll make room for this book

Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 6

#12  Edited By Decept-O

I have been creeped out, too by Superboys' DNA "heritage".  Umm...correct me if I am wrong, but isn't it basically impossible for someone to have more than biological father?  Unless his Kryptonian clone DNA makes an allowance for such a thing?  I thought it was a crap idea to do that the character.  At least he's back.
    RedK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13  Edited By RedK
    @spiderguylll said:
    " meh...he should back to the teen titans or team up with Red Robin(needs a better name) "
    he was in the recent issue of teen titans along with kid flash and both of them will be returning to the team
    DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By DEGRAAF

I like that he is getting his own solo 

I dis-like the art above
    RedK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By RedK
    @DEGRAAF said:
    "  I dis-like the art above "
    yea, Francis Manapul knew how to draw him now his hair looks like J.J.Jamason's hair

@Shaunw1973 said:
    " I'll give it a go as long as DC leave out the ridiculous 'second feature'. "
    they were very anoying, i mean would it of killed them to leave it out so we could get a few more pages of story, I personaly hated the Ravager feature what a waste of time maybe it's because i don't like her character but they could of put all that story in a mini series instead of cutting in on the titans
    Archetype

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Archetype
    @Tom Pinchuk:Have I told you lately that I love you?... ; )

You know, I like Superboy obviously(?) not as much as Superman but I like him none the less even though I haven't read much of him since I only started reading seriously in '05.I'll definitely consider this book but I just don't know, it will be hard to read this and not think it would be better with Mr.Francis Manapul's art attached.I think I'll give the first issue a shot, never read Jeff Lemire's work but I'll give him a shot as well.Also about the art above it looks good and is definitely serviceable but the only thing that bothers me is the hair it just doesn't look right from the front and his mad face looks a little funny but definitely decent work, I'll check it out.  
    Theodore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#17  Edited By Theodore

WOO LOVE Superboy, so what he will have his own series apart from Adventure Comics?

RedK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By RedK
    @Theodore:  no adventure will be entirely about the legion
    Theodore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#19  Edited By Theodore
    @RedK said:
    " @Theodore:  no adventure will be entirely about the legion "
    cool I love LEGION. I wonder which member is getting the GL ring...
    doordoor123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 5

#20  Edited By doordoor123

FINALLY! Hes better without a team.

RedK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By RedK
    @Theodore:  it will probably a future desendent of one of the green lanters, they should call themselves Teen Lantern
    iloverobots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By iloverobots

I thought Legion were getting their own monthly? Are they just taking over Adventure? or am I just confused?

Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#23  Edited By Caligula

anything from the Superverse im down for

fedykin87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By fedykin87

about damn time Conner gets his own series again

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By NightFang3

Super-Boy finale get's some respect!

SevanGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

User Lists: 9

#26  Edited By SevanGrim
    @spiderguylll said:
    " meh...he should back to the teen titans or team up with Red Robin(needs a better name) "
    i want them to have a Batman/Superman style team up.
    fedykin87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By fedykin87

Red Robin/Superboy title......hell its got Conner in it I'm buying it.

SuperLevion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By SuperLevion

@ iloverobots   said: 
    I thought Legion were getting their own monthly? Are they just taking over Adventure? or am I just confused?      

No your not getting confused, just a little lost. They have their own monthly, Adventure is just building the backstory on how the legion came to be and some of their early adventures. The self titled book for the legion of super heroes is about their current adventures.  

I am excited for DC bringing Superboy a new series, the first they did for him ended rather abruptly not explaining the t-shirt and jeans look at all. hopefully this makes it past issue 100    

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.