3-Minute Expert: Who Is Superboy?

• 71 results
#51 Posted by Eyz (3042 posts) - - Show Bio

Very nice video ;;)
I actually learned a thing or two about Connor!

#52 Posted by Obslord (16 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanks a lot!!!!!!!!!
I really love the whole 3min-expert idea and I'm always curious what character will be the next one featured.

#53 Posted by DEGRAAF (7918 posts) - - Show Bio
@sora_thekey said:
"So Superboy is half Clark and Half Lex? I didn't know that! Ewwww!  Thanks Tony! Great 3-Min Expert as always! "

unless i missed something in the video, he never said he was half Superman, He said that they were trying to clone superman and instead just changed human DNA to replicate Kryptonian DNA as much as possible.
#54 Posted by A-Strondinaire (345 posts) - - Show Bio

Great vid Conner is my favorite Kent after Kara but this really was just review for me

#55 Posted by aouric (185 posts) - - Show Bio

G-Man this was truly great! I'm kind of shock that other Comic Book websites aren't doing the same as you guys with a piece like this, but I guess that's what makes Comic Vine truly unique! We're looking forward to the next 3 Minute Expert, Thanks!

#56 Posted by disco_dan242 (16 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm pretty happy that you did a DC one.  I'm not a Marvel guy...so the gap between the number of DC characters/items compared to the Marvel ones was apparent to me.

#57 Posted by G-Man (18916 posts) - - Show Bio
@disco_dan242: I try to alternate between the two. 
#58 Posted by goldenkey (2920 posts) - - Show Bio

Man I love these.  Shouldn't they be drawing him a little skinnier then if he's only 16.  He's more like Superman short.  I have a couple questions tho.  Now that he's returned from the dead is he now aging, and what issue did he fight Superboy prime again.  Id love to read that.

#59 Posted by untammed (438 posts) - - Show Bio
@xSIZEMATTER said:
" Didn't know any of this haha. "
same here
#60 Posted by idrenegade (2 posts) - - Show Bio

The only thing I wish had been explained so far is Lex Luthor's reaction.  In Adventures of Superman # 501, Luthor is basically interrogating a man he had on the inside of Cadmus and the man told him that they didn't clone Superman, they did something different.  This suggests that Luthor wasn't in on the Project, and wasn't even aware of the details, yet during Infinite Crisis tie ins, when they did flash backs with him, he says it was all his idea.  Either Luthor is schizo or someone didn't do their research properly.  Still a huge fan of Conner's.  I actually had a subscription to his first series of Superboy and can't wait to grab the new series too.  In fact, him going back to the Titans is the only reason I pick that book up as well.
#61 Posted by Yung ANcient One (4899 posts) - - Show Bio

ok superboy is awesome

#62 Posted by Theodore (3445 posts) - - Show Bio

I love these videos, make more! Do Captain Cold.

#63 Posted by speedarrow (76 posts) - - Show Bio
@G-Man:  Thanks for the primer! I was interested in the series mostly because I'd heard about him, and the gorgeous scenery that you're in the background of in the beginning and the end parts. I'm definitely curious about the launch of the upcoming title as well!
#64 Posted by stafax (10 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow, this left me even more confused about Superboy

#65 Posted by DukeTogo (7 posts) - - Show Bio

Ugh, this is why nobody reads DC books.  This doesn't make anything more clear and just shows how confusing and stupid DC's universe is.  That lame LA Law music doesn't help either.

#66 Posted by Primarch (595 posts) - - Show Bio

I know Superman considers Connor family, do they have a father/son-ish relationship? How close are they? What do they refer to each other as? 

#67 Posted by andrea_mendoza1997 (334 posts) - - Show Bio

:D 

#68 Posted by nightwing91 (3877 posts) - - Show Bio
@Primarch: Well I remember a issue in the early issues of his first solo series, where a young Clark speculates that Superman hasn't told Conner his identity because he wanted to be a father figure. And after that. when he give's him his kryptonian-name  he mentions something about being closer to brothers.
#69 Posted by ravisher (695 posts) - - Show Bio

so does he have super DNA? 

#70 Posted by ded_redhood (24 posts) - - Show Bio

please make a 3 min of blue beetle or captain marvel shazzzzzzzzzam

#71 Posted by JoeEddie (484 posts) - - Show Bio

These videos never work for me.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.