3-Minute Expert: Who Is Superboy?

• 71 results
Posted by G-Man (31718 posts) - - Show Bio
Play
Please use a flash or html5 video capable browser to watch videos.
00:00:00
Sorry, but you can't access this content!
Please enter your date of birth to view this video

By clicking 'enter', you agree to Comic Vine's
Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

Staff
#1 Posted by Crymsun (123 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome!  Conner has become one of my favorite characters over the years, and you did a great 3 minute expert on him, G-Man! 

Good job!
#2 Posted by KRYPTON (1891 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool. When 3 minute expert first came out, I noticed that you were doing more "unknown" characters (e.g. Wonder Twins, The Source Wall). However, now, I guess most people wouldn't know that much about the boy of steel. Good job on the 3 minute expert, it was awesome!

#3 Edited by Jordanstine (907 posts) - - Show Bio

Are you doing Conner?

Not Pre-Crisis Clark Kent

:(

#4 Posted by xSIZEMATTER (43 posts) - - Show Bio

Didn't know any of this haha.

#5 Posted by Hunter114 (829 posts) - - Show Bio

Experiment 13... Stop stealing my ideas before I have them!!!

#6 Posted by BoOMbOoMpOw (1711 posts) - - Show Bio

Great job :D

#7 Posted by Master_Funk (28 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome music at the beginning . Anyone know what it is?

#8 Edited by Sergotron (108 posts) - - Show Bio

G-Man sure loves himself some TeeFury. 

I must say, this is easily my favorite feature here on Comic Vine. I can feel more comfortable picking up stuff with Superboy without feeling as intimidating.

#9 Posted by the referee (2533 posts) - - Show Bio

I own a copy 3 copies of Adv of Superman 500. I thought it might be worth something back then!
Yeh Me!

#10 Posted by Brenderous (46 posts) - - Show Bio

Whoa, whats with the sax music?

#11 Posted by Emerald Dragonfly (212 posts) - - Show Bio

04:13, actually.

#12 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (8983 posts) - - Show Bio

Superboy is one of my favorite superheroes great 3 minutes expert. 

#13 Posted by Decept-O (7275 posts) - - Show Bio

Knockout.  Yeah, buddy.  I love how the "physics" and "biology" of the DCU operate.  LMAO.   

Regardless, Superboy is a good character, disappointed with some bits of his story, but glad he's back.     

Oh and nice job, G-Man.  Loved the bit with the action figure dropping the green for the "kids".  Too funny.
#14 Edited by ArtisticNeedham (2239 posts) - - Show Bio

Great.  I knew more about this Superboy than I thought.   That was a great 3-Min expert.
That was cool.  I think I'd like to pick up that Teen Titans story where he finds out he is a clone of Lex Luther.  I got the Legion one where he returns.

#15 Posted by Grim (2079 posts) - - Show Bio

pretty accurate. As a massive Superboy fan, i would have worded some things differently and included a couple things, but all in all i guess this works.

#16 Posted by Shadowdoggy (3815 posts) - - Show Bio

you know, I have that Superman issue and I almost forgot it was Conner's first appearance 
hmmm, I may have to make sure that one's mylar'ed
#17 Posted by danhimself (22444 posts) - - Show Bio

some minor mistakes like when you say "after Justice League disbanded" I'm pretty sure that you mean "when Young Justice disbanded" and when you were talking about Conner going to the Fortress of Solitude to learn about Superman's ancestors you say "descendants" which would mean Superman's sons and daughters and after....but I was ready to come in here and say "pffft...I could do better" but you did pretty good handling my favorite character so I'll instead say "good job"

good job G-Man

#18 Posted by FLStyle (368 posts) - - Show Bio

This would've suited The big Live LIVE Show: Live! more than having more than one character battle segments, especially while Sara did the CV News.

Now all I need is a Superboy Prime 3 min. expert and I'm all set!

#19 Posted by Nick-SV(ril) (568 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome video expert. Really thorough. Even if I like his current appearance more, I actually miss his old cocky (if you wanna call it that way) suit. Can't wait for the launch of his ongoing title.

#20 Posted by Mumbles (846 posts) - - Show Bio

good one

#21 Posted by ccrosby (71 posts) - - Show Bio

Although this 3-minute expert was great (I'm a huge superboy fan)- I'm suprised there was no mention of conner's Tactile Telekinesis which is what most of his powers are based off of.

#22 Posted by DEGRAAF (7875 posts) - - Show Bio
@G-Man:
That was great. good job. Now i have some questions. I remember hearing that origin but....... 

wasnt it retconned that his DNA is half kryptonian and half human (Kal-El/Lex Luthor)?  

also so from what i get from the viedo Superboy will never get older, he will always look the age of a 16 year old?
#23 Posted by Timm (255 posts) - - Show Bio
@ccrosby said:
" Although this 3-minute expert was great (I'm a huge superboy fan)- I'm suprised there was no mention of conner's Tactile Telekinesis which is what most of his powers are based off of. "
all the "super" fams powers are based on it now. superman has always had it, there were just no scientists to analyze it before so he thought he had pure super strength.
#24 Posted by G-Man (31718 posts) - - Show Bio
@ccrosby: There was mention of the tactile telekinesis. I felt that was an important part. One of the bits that had to be cut (as you can see we still went over time).
Staff
#25 Posted by arrowfan237 (465 posts) - - Show Bio

I LOVE SUPERBOY (AS A CHARACTER.)
#26 Edited by Shadowdoggy (3815 posts) - - Show Bio
@arrowfan237:
see, now I prefer him as jeans model 

#27 Edited by mighty dude (405 posts) - - Show Bio

Superboy is one of my favorite characters! Great video.

But is he still locked at 16??

#28 Posted by Armani (37 posts) - - Show Bio

Superboy is the love of my life, that's who he is! :) 

Awesome video, I love 3minute expert!

#29 Posted by Grimoire (537 posts) - - Show Bio

Haven't read anything about Superboy since he first appeared after Death of Superman. Going to read Infinite Crisis though.

#30 Posted by NightFang (9962 posts) - - Show Bio
@haydenclaireheroes said:
" Superboy is one of my favorite superheroes great 3 minutes expert.  "
              Ditto.
#31 Posted by Shadowdoggy (3815 posts) - - Show Bio
@Armani:
you'll have to fight me for him 
;)
#32 Posted by www.deadpoolforum.com (200 posts) - - Show Bio

those clone's are cool & look cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!
#33 Posted by shawn87 (2095 posts) - - Show Bio

i dont know if it's because i have never read anything with him in it, but the whole Superboy thing seems stupid. Maybe i should reserve judgement until i read some of his stuff but as of right now im not feeling his character

#34 Posted by sora_thekey (8159 posts) - - Show Bio

So Superboy is half Clark and Half Lex?
I didn't know that! Ewwww!

Thanks Tony!
Great 3-Min Expert as always!

#35 Posted by FinalStar86 (8681 posts) - - Show Bio

I love these videos

#36 Posted by CrimsonInuTears (465 posts) - - Show Bio

"After Justice League disbanded" ... Thank you for not catchin that~ ^_^ 
#37 Posted by ImperiousRix (1069 posts) - - Show Bio

Man, you gotta love Superboy's uber-90's kid look. 
Complete with White boy fade, sunglasses, leather jacket, and earring.  It was sure "kewl".

#38 Posted by longbowhunter (7017 posts) - - Show Bio

I loved Conner in Young Justice and Teen Titans. Never read any of his early solo adventures. Very Informative!!
#39 Posted by Kyle C (96 posts) - - Show Bio

Great video, though I wish it had covered the development of his powers, which i find to be one of the more interesting things about Superboy.

#40 Posted by X-93 (234 posts) - - Show Bio

that was very informative. Good job g-man.  I did not know much about super boy.

#41 Posted by 604comics (89 posts) - - Show Bio

This is what I needed. I'm going to start reading Teen Titans starting with #88 and the new Superboy so this 3-Minute Expert is exactly what I needed. Thank god he doesn't look like a douchy 90's teen anymore.

#42 Posted by Kal'smahboi (3502 posts) - - Show Bio

Wait so Superboy's always going to look 16?

#43 Posted by Technoman (133 posts) - - Show Bio

yay return of 3 minute expert !

#44 Posted by ArtisticNeedham (2239 posts) - - Show Bio

So if comic charcters are allowed to age, he could be like Dr. Who and be 80 and look 16?

#45 Posted by kitsuneconundrum (208 posts) - - Show Bio

really dont like conner kent.

#46 Posted by Superguy1591 (3189 posts) - - Show Bio

I love the entire Superman family.  

Superman, Superboy, Supergirl, Krypto the Superdog and even Steel. 

#47 Posted by Bestostero (5618 posts) - - Show Bio

Another awesome 3 minute expert!

#48 Edited by Krak0 (14 posts) - - Show Bio

I was not a big fan of this Superboy when he first came out after Superman's death at the hands of Doomsday. But that changes when he became part of the Teen Titans. I loved when Lex activates him and he shaves his head and carves an big L into his shirt, then proceeds to kick the crap out of all the Titans.

#49 Posted by Hayamo (2 posts) - - Show Bio

I love Connor as he is now, but I'm not sure if the pre-Teen Titans reading for him is worth it. Even Young Justice seems a little iffy.

#50 Posted by MichaeltheFly (6555 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice job G-man, I missed the 3 minutes expert, Superboy was a character that I really didn't know much about, other than the fact that he was a clone of Superman with Lex DNA in him, thank you to you and the other members of the staff that made this video.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.