Follow

Superboy Prime

Character » Superboy Prime appears in 155 issues.

Once a young high spirited youth in the real world with the powers of Superman, intense trauma had twisted his sense of justice and morals, exacerbated by the corrupted and ineffective heroes of post-Crisis Earth as well as his loss of his destiny as the "Universe's Greatest Protector".

Why didn't he get a Power Ring like everone else?

Avatar image for deactivated-5fb35bcd18369
    deactivated-5fb35bcd18369

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

Okay, we all know that Prime joined The Sinestro Corps and while he was given a newer and much cooler (IMHO) version of his old Monitor Armor...why didn't he get a Sinestro Corps Ring? I mean you would think that he would have taken at least one...or eight (like Hank Henshaw) as a precautionary back-up source of power just in case his armor was torn to pieces...which it was...before heading into battle with almost all of Earth's Heroes, tons of Green Lanterns and The Guardians of the Universe.

speedlgt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By speedlgt

I wondered that too But I guess hes soooo dam powerful he doesnt need one. But when all the heroes fought him and ripped off his armor and depowered him that yellow ring would have helped....

Avatar image for deactivated-5fb35bcd18369
    deactivated-5fb35bcd18369

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

Indeed, I mean sure the Sun eventually came up but not before he was nearly beaten to death. I think it was a foolish mistake on his part not to have taken a Power Ring. He may have the mentality of a fifteen year old but he was going to War with Earth, The Green Lantern Corps and The Guardians of The Universe. Even a brat like Prime should have known it was not going to be an easy fight and that some sort of back-up power source would be needed just in case things went wrong. It just doesn't seem right that Geoff Johns wrote him as not having at least one Power Ring on hand.

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By DEGRAAF

to cocky and stubborn

AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By AtPhantom

Yeah, I think he was just to cocky to accept a ring. But then again, I doubt Sinestro would grant a ring to loose cannon like Prime.

speedlgt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By speedlgt
    AtPhantom said:
    "Yeah, I think he was just to cocky to accept a ring. But then again, I doubt Sinestro would grant a ring to loose cannon like Prime."

I know what you saying but its not like hes wasnt an all powerful loose cannon without a ring......the ring wouldnt have mattered.......it would basically be a sidearm to Prime.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.