Teen Titans beat Prime?

#1 Posted by comicdude23 (11399 posts) - - Show Bio

In the new issue of Prime's return, apparently he was beaten by them, did this happen?

I see this is as PIS.

#2 Posted by Dernman (14898 posts) - - Show Bio

I see it as PIS too but since I hate Prime I'll allow it.

#3 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32993 posts) - - Show Bio
@comicdude23 said:
In the new issue of Prime's return, apparently he was beaten by them, did this happen? I see this is as PIS.
How can you call it PIS if you haven't even read it?
#4 Edited by Dernman (14898 posts) - - Show Bio

I read it. It happened. It's PIS but I hate Prime so I'll allow it.

#5 Posted by comicdude23 (11399 posts) - - Show Bio
@spiderbat87 said:
@comicdude23 said:
In the new issue of Prime's return, apparently he was beaten by them, did this happen? I see this is as PIS.
How can you call it PIS if you haven't even read it?
I meant it sounds like it.
#6 Posted by DEGRAAF (7875 posts) - - Show Bio

k so how did they beat him and his team or Superboy's? Also where were the other superboy's from?
#7 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, I'm also wondering it. Can anyone describe it, post scans (in spoiler tags of course)

#8 Posted by danhimself (22447 posts) - - Show Bio

so Superboy...the real one...sends Rose to his room where he has a piece of kryptonite and they use that to kill the other Superboy clones...then a TON of Titans beat the crap out of Prime and Superboy and Supergirl take him to the Source Wall and imprison him there

#9 Posted by AssertingValor (5386 posts) - - Show Bio

doesnt seem right...............................

#10 Edited by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought it was ridiculous how powerful they made Prime in the first place. This seems more congruous with continuity. I mean, supergirl , wonder girl, and superboy both going all-out on someone with the whole of the titans backing them up? That should take down a superman analog.

#11 Edited by Izaiah (5184 posts) - - Show Bio

About bloody time.

#12 Posted by CrimsonAlchemist (410 posts) - - Show Bio

Ohh please if you ask me it was bs, ended too quick at least...

#13 Edited by comicdude23 (11399 posts) - - Show Bio
@danhimself: PIS IMO. Prime should stomp them.  

Man-Prime slaughters them harder.
#14 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio
@comicdude23 said:
@danhimself: PIS IMO. Prime should stomp them.   Man-Prime slaughters them harder.
#15 Posted by danhimself (22447 posts) - - Show Bio

Prime's powers have been written to inconsistently....one time he's seen being able to hold off Superman, Supergirl, and Powergirl....the next Superboy alone is holding his own against him....if they ever decide to use him again then I hope they give him a power level and stick with it...and I'm hoping that it's not the super powerful uber kryptonian power level either....but then I'm also hoping that they just decide to not use him anymore

#16 Posted by comicdude23 (11399 posts) - - Show Bio
@danhimself said:
Prime's powers have been written to inconsistently....one time he's seen being able to hold off Superman, Supergirl, and Powergirl....the next Superboy alone is holding his own against him....if they ever decide to use him again then I hope they give him a power level and stick with it...and I'm hoping that it's not the super powerful uber kryptonian power level either....but then I'm also hoping that they just decide to not use him anymore
The uber powerful version was fun. And Superboy gave him a good fight twice, one in Infinite Crisis, 2 in Legion of Doom. Normally, he takes on everybody, killed GA Superman/Kal-L, fought Superman, able to hold off Supergirl, etc. His inconsistently isn't as high as you think.
#17 Posted by WWAJfan (242 posts) - - Show Bio

in my opinion this was really lame.
#18 Edited by Hazlenaut (1960 posts) - - Show Bio

His powers were a constantly unstable just like him. Moving through other realties must have affected his powers. He also imprison mxyzptlk this could have made him enemy to the people of the 5th dimension which made them work with the editors of DC weakening him.  

#19 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio

PIS!

#20 Posted by CrimsonAlchemist (410 posts) - - Show Bio
@Primmaster64: PURE PIS!
#21 Posted by Outside_85 (8565 posts) - - Show Bio

Considering Prime has constantly been completely overblown with his powerset, leaving people to call him a Silver Ager, a time period that for all intents and purposes was wiped out during the first Crisis, I'd say it was about time someone took him down a notch. Not to mention Conner and bart owned his rear in Legion of Three Worlds.

#22 Posted by comicdude23 (11399 posts) - - Show Bio
@Outside_85 said:
Considering Prime has constantly been completely overblown with his powerset, leaving people to call him a Silver Ager, a time period that for all intents and purposes was wiped out during the first Crisis, I'd say it was about time someone took him down a notch. Not to mention Conner and bart owned his rear in Legion of Three Worlds.
He's interesting when over-powered. And is a tool for DC basically. It was PIS when he lost.
#23 Posted by Outside_85 (8565 posts) - - Show Bio
@comicdude23: I'm actually intrigued why you think he's interesting when he's over-powered. Actually i may have been overly rash when i said overblown, as i dont see him as that, i see him like I see Black Adam in WWIII; he's as strong and fast as his DCU counterpart, the only difference is that he's not pulling punches when in combat. Yes, he's a tool for DC, means he's great when they want him to be and his a punching bag when they want him to be.
#24 Posted by Wattup (648 posts) - - Show Bio

What's PIS mean?

#25 Posted by Roddy010 (5191 posts) - - Show Bio
@Wattup: Purposely  Induced  Stupidity....
#26 Posted by Wattup (648 posts) - - Show Bio
@Roddy010 said:
Really? I must say I'm a tad disappointed... 8 (
#27 Posted by comicdude23 (11399 posts) - - Show Bio
@Outside_85 said:
@comicdude23: I'm actually intrigued why you think he's interesting when he's over-powered. Actually i may have been overly rash when i said overblown, as i dont see him as that, i see him like I see Black Adam in WWIII; he's as strong and fast as his DCU counterpart, the only difference is that he's not pulling punches when in combat. Yes, he's a tool for DC, means he's great when they want him to be and his a punching bag when they want him to be.
Prime consistently does stupid feats. Losing to the Titans breaks that consistency. 
#28 Posted by Outside_85 (8565 posts) - - Show Bio
@comicdude23: In case you havent noticed, no villain, no matter how superbad or super awsome they are, will one day suffer a defeat at the hands of someone considered an inferior enemy. Like it happened to Doomsday when he grew a brain. So if it hadnt been the Titans, it would have been someone else. I'm just happy it was the Titans.
#29 Posted by comicdude23 (11399 posts) - - Show Bio
@Outside_85 said:
@comicdude23: In case you havent noticed, no villain, no matter how superbad or super awsome they are, will one day suffer a defeat at the hands of someone considered an inferior enemy. Like it happened to Doomsday when he grew a brain. So if it hadnt been the Titans, it would have been someone else. I'm just happy it was the Titans.
Yes but this first defeat was PIS. He's shown to be far stronger and losing to the Titans is PIS. In Infinite Crisis he destroyed them effortlessly. And considering it was a very short comeback it's very obvious it was PIS. Prime was severely de-powered/not at right consistent power levels. It was bad writing to his power levels.
#30 Posted by Outside_85 (8565 posts) - - Show Bio
@comicdude23: Whatever...
#31 Posted by KainScion (2973 posts) - - Show Bio

hated that guy. they should have killed him. with the wall theres hope.

#32 Posted by superboyprime (31 posts) - - Show Bio
@fodigg said:
I thought it was ridiculous how powerful they made Prime in the first place. This seems more congruous with continuity. I mean, supergirl , wonder girl, and superboy both going all-out on someone with the whole of the titans backing them up? That should take down a superman analog.
And why is that? If Black Adam can take on the entire world at the end of 52, and Prime with his Silver Age powers can mop the floor with Black Adam in Infinite Crisis, then Prime should have been able to tear those Titans apart just like the first time they met.
#33 Posted by superboyprime (31 posts) - - Show Bio
@Wattup said:
What's PIS mean?
I think it's Plot Induced Stupidity, when a writer breaks continuity and has impossible scenarios happen because he failed to research a character and/or can't write for shit.
#34 Posted by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio
@superboyprime said:
@fodigg said:
And why is that? If Black Adam can take on the entire world at the end of 52, and Prime with his Silver Age powers can mop the floor with Black Adam in Infinite Crisis, then Prime should have been able to tear those Titans apart just like the first time they met.
That's what I'm saying. His crazy "Silver Age Powers" thing was stupid to begin with. I get it, the villain has to be more powerful, but come on. That's was stupid.
#35 Posted by Primebonnick (1922 posts) - - Show Bio

ok i just read it and i must say it was poorly written and very unnecessary they left prime in a perfect situation to stop using him and with a BL ring. Now he is back without the ring and strapped to the Source Wall and will once again be on the rampage. Why not let him redeem himself like they said instead of this. And why they weakened him so much is beyond me i remember him taking on much dire forces and was still swinging now he got beat down i know it was going to happen but not like this come on. He will escape the wall eventually and be back hope they give him back his true power this time. Poor story no lie making Cassie do what 2 supermen cudn't is bullshit

#36 Posted by Phaedrusgr (1671 posts) - - Show Bio

@CrimsonAlchemist: Hahahaha...I see your point...It could be an endless, full of pages torment. I think that is DC's problem. As a mainstream comics company, I mean. Define your heroes' powers! How can the Teen Titans can get Prime? Makes no sense

#37 Posted by Stronger (4948 posts) - - Show Bio

I dont think its PIS.They just got lucky

#38 Posted by HolySerpent (12515 posts) - - Show Bio

I didnt read it. And not plain onto. I'm just going to pretend it didn't happen

#39 Posted by RainEffect (3240 posts) - - Show Bio
@Wattup said:
@Roddy010 said:
Actually stands for Plot-Induced Stupidity.
#40 Posted by Roddy010 (5191 posts) - - Show Bio

@RainEffect said:

@Wattup said:
@Roddy010 said:
@Wattup: Purposely Induced Stupidity....

Yeah but the writers do it purposely to piss off the fans...:P

#41 Posted by MrMiracle77 (1659 posts) - - Show Bio
@Roddy010 said:

@RainEffect said:

@Wattup said:
@Roddy010 said:
@Wattup: Purposely Induced Stupidity....

Yeah but the writers do it purposely to piss off the fans...:P

The way everything gets abbreviated these days, you'd think we were paying for the internet on a letter-by-letter basis.

Back on topic, I've had an uneasy feeling as we got closer and closer to the relaunch.  Now that I've seen the sheer range of changes in the DCNU, I now understand why that feeling was justified.  Pretty much every book I've been reading, primarily team books, have been in some sort of lame duck mode.  In other words, the writers came up with stories with the full knowledge that the entire lineup was getting a reshuffle.  (non teen) Titans?  Put the speed back in Speedy and have Deathstroke go through a crazy resurrection scheme.  JLA?  Corrupt a few people to Eclipso's side for a fight on the moon.  JSA?  Turn Mr Terrific dumb and bring in the Challengers temporarily.  And our Titans?  Introduce Solstice and have a token battle with Superboy Prime.  

If you aren't going to have any impact on a title, why bother wasting too many original ideas on the last 6 to 12 issues?
#42 Posted by MetropolisKid41 (515 posts) - - Show Bio

@MrMiracle77 said:

If you aren't going to have any impact on a title, why bother wasting too many original ideas on the last 6 to 12 issues?

Good point, and not just the last 6-12 issues of a title, but that entire Universe for that matter.

#43 Posted by MrMiracle77 (1659 posts) - - Show Bio

@MetropolisKid41 said:

Good point, and not just the last 6-12 issues of a title, but that entire Universe for that matter.

I wouldn't quite go that far. Gail Simone persistently went in the opposite direction towards the end of Secret Six. And JL:Generation Lost was hitting it out of the park to the very end.

#44 Posted by HolySerpent (12515 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump

#45 Posted by AwesomeSuperman (43 posts) - - Show Bio

Prime was super arrogant and was not trying that is the only scenario where The Teen Titans would beat him.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.