Follow

Superboy Prime

Character » Superboy Prime appears in 156 issues.

Once a young high spirited youth in the real world with the powers of Superman, intense trauma had twisted his sense of justice and morals, exacerbated by the corrupted and ineffective heroes of post-Crisis Earth as well as his loss of his destiny as the "Universe's Greatest Protector".

Superboy-Prime in the new 52

Avatar image for andrewbullheaded
    andrewbullheaded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By andrewbullheaded

Do you think that superboy prime will appear in the New 52? Personally i dislike superboy-prime i just hope they will make him more interesting.

Here is a What if? question.

How would the pre-52 DC universe would look like if Superboy Prime was never created ??

minigunman123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By minigunman123

Pre-Flashpoint*. "52" is a seperate event, and thus Pre-52 refers to a time before that event.

Anyway. If Superboy Prime was never created, we'd certainly have lots more characters in Pre-Flashpoint DC; other than that I can't personally speak for the full consequences, I've only seen him in the main Infinite Crisis issues and The New Teen Titans' last graphic novel before the New-52. I'm fairly certain he's been in many more issues than those. If I had to guess, the Infinite Crisis arc might not have happened at all.

Tohoma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Tohoma

Superboy-prime in my opinion was an interesting character during the Infinite Crisis. I would love to see him in the DC universe but I would doubt that DC would bring him back.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By MAZAHS117

I don't know if SBP will make an appearance or not..Would be interesting seeing how everything was rebooted in the Flashpoint events if he did debut

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By primebonnick

doubt worse after what they did to him in the teen titans, but if another big event happens thats when he will maybe come back as he always appears in them.

Charetter115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Charetter115

I hope not. I like the whole 1 universe thing the new 52 has going on

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

#7  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

@Charetter115 said:

I hope not. I like the whole 1 universe thing the new 52 has going on

the multiverse is still here. hence Earth-2 and the upcoming multiversity

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#8  Edited By TDK_1997

I think he might appear in Earth 2 or something like that.

Avatar image for cleft_boy_wonder
    cleft_boy_wonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think they all ready put Superboy Prime into the new 52 but's now its the son of lois lane an superman, and also he has another adgenda his has to do, probably he is going to go crazy then...

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think they all ready put Superboy Prime into the new 52 but's now its the son of lois lane an superman, and also he has another adgenda his has to do, probably he is going to go crazy then...

Then he's not SBP. Superboy Prime is Superman from Earth Prime. If he's not Superman from Earth Prime, then it's not SBP.

Avatar image for New_World_Order
    New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Would be cool if he did.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wouldn't mind

Avatar image for drmantistoboggan
    DrMantisToboggan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@minigunman123: he first appeared in a minor role during COIE, he was also in sinestro corps war.

If he does return IMO it won't be anytime soon. He was sort of a 4th wall breaker and a gimmick that most people didn't seem to care for, so I'd guess they'd have to change him up a good bit

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Did he? :O

LarryAshlynn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They say it's earth3 Lois and Alexander Luthor's kid from forever evil

Avatar image for greatcaesarsghost
    GreatCaesarsGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want him to be same character with memories of the other worlds, pre and post crisis. With that said, keep him on the shelf for awhile, no hurry at all.

MaZeRaIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump.

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

as long as they keep him at uber pre-crisis power levels or higher I'm okay with it

Avatar image for gildardovillarruel
    GildardoVillarruel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

THE MAN IS A SUPREME BEING THAT MUCH IS CERTAIN.. SO POWERFUL DINT HE KILL HIS FUTURE SELF?

lordraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

THE MAN IS A SUPREME BEING THAT MUCH IS CERTAIN.. SO POWERFUL DINT HE KILL HIS FUTURE SELF?

You mean when he became the Time Trapper?

Fortee86Gransz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

oh my god why are people so stupid prime earth superman in the new 52 or prime earth is superboy -prime...

• Prime Earth is opposite Earth 33 in the structure of the Multiverse, and is directly connected to the Rock of Eternity.
    • Earth 33 is an abnormal universe; while Earth 33 follows many of the broad historical trends seen in most other universes (7 continents, humans as the dominant species, an American civil war and two world wars), due to vastly different laws of physics and relative technological limitations it lacks a single, crucial element common to every other universe: superheroes. Nor are the likes of alien intelligences, magical forces or hyper-advanced technology known to exist, as such things appear in this universe only in fiction; its sole, mysterious superhuman being is known as Ultra Comics, powered by the collective imagination of its readers. The chronicles of the Multiverse were placed here by the long-gone Monitor race through the comic book medium, and it seems individual human minds on this special Earth may be able to shape the course of the rest of creation.
    • Earth-Prime's history significantly deviated from the "real" Earth's history with the advent of two native superheroes. The first, Ultraa, was the sole survivor of a destroyed alien world, rocketed to Earth-Prime as a baby. After his first encounter with the Justice League, Ultraa decided Earth-Prime was not ready for superheroes and relocated to Earth-One.[5]

The second superhero became known as Superboy-Prime

• In the original Multiverse, Earth-Prime was presented as the "real" Earth, the actual reality where the readers lived, DC Comics operated as a publisher and all superheroes are fictional. However, Earth-Prime is shown to be an alternate reality when the Flash (Barry Allen) accidentally travels there from Earth-One. The Flash, stranded, contacts DC Comics editor Julius Schwartz, who helps him construct a cosmic treadmill to return to Earth One. Eventually it was stated that the writers of DC Comics of Earth Prime unconsciously base their stories on the adventures of the heroes on Earth-One and Earth-Two.[1]
    MasterOfEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By MasterOfEvil

From what I heard (I'll fact check later), the Source Wall is the only thing to stay the same after Flashpoint. And since SBP is stuck on it, he could come back eventually.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.