Superboy-Prime Gone for good? Spoilers*****

#1 Posted by DEGRAAF (7896 posts) - - Show Bio

Im not sure if im alone or not but i liked superboy prime as a villain. yea he might be to over pwered but i still liked him and i thought he had a good story behind him. Butthe ending of Crisis of # worlds to me Sucked! Yea he might have finally gotten what he wanted but at what cost to us? We lost a great villain, him being sent home wouldnt have been totally bad but seriously. It comes up with alot of questions.

Who showed his parents those comics?
Why did he lose his powers?
if he gets his powers back will he be a good guy since he now has his own world to protect?
Why did Earth Prime come back while another multi-verse earth got destroyed?
Does anyone else think they couldnt have ended the story in a more worse way?

I liked the idea of him being the only super hero on his planet but after that ending where his family reads about him in the comics, and he is just sitting at his comp writing on DCcomics.com forum board about him self, its just puthetic, its like they even got tired of holding the story up so they just threw the crappiest ending possible at it just inspite of the reader being impatient

#2 Posted by Zniperking (281 posts) - - Show Bio

to me superboy prime was always a little bitch I hope he is gone for good if not no big deal to me

#3 Posted by deathswitch (475 posts) - - Show Bio
@Zniperking said:
" to me superboy prime was always a little bitch I hope he is gone for good if not no big deal to me "
true that
#4 Posted by Chaos Agent (2150 posts) - - Show Bio

The true lesson

Every single comic reader is secretly just like Prime

#5 Posted by Steel radra (17 posts) - - Show Bio

that's horrible. thought he'ld have been killed in some way. i mean after all that he's done to the dc universe he's just let go like that?

#6 Posted by Dreadmaster (16778 posts) - - Show Bio
@Chaos Agent said:
"The true lessonEvery single comic reader is secretly just like Prime"

Yup, we b!tch about how characters are not being used, over-used, badly used, just plain drop this book because there's no significance. That kind of stuff.
#7 Posted by ARMIV (4140 posts) - - Show Bio

I really don't like him,but that ending sounds horrible!

#8 Posted by ~The Wanderer~ (34406 posts) - - Show Bio
@DEGRAAF said:
" Who showed his parents those comics? "
Lori...or, they bought the comics themselves. It's because they're comic fans they named their adoptive son Clark, remember? ;P
@DEGRAAF said:
" Why did he lose his powers? "
Cancelled out by punching his older self.
@DEGRAAF said:
" if he gets his powers back will he be a good guy since he now has his own world to protect? "
Don't really think so...
@DEGRAAF said:
" Why did Earth Prime come back while another multi-verse earth got destroyed? "
Plot reasons.
@DEGRAAF said:
" Does anyone else think they couldnt have ended the story in a more worse way? "
Not sure what you mean by that...I thought the end was fairly good. But then again I don't like Prime...
#9 Posted by DEGRAAF (7896 posts) - - Show Bio
@~The Wanderer~ said:
"@DEGRAAF said:
" Who showed his parents those comics? "
Lori...or, they bought the comics themselves. It's because they're comic fans they named their adoptive son Clark, remember? ;P
@DEGRAAF said:
" Why did he lose his powers? "
Cancelled out by punching his older self.
@DEGRAAF said:
" if he gets his powers back will he be a good guy since he now has his own world to protect? "
Don't really think so...
@DEGRAAF said:
" Why did Earth Prime come back while another multi-verse earth got destroyed? "
Plot reasons.
@DEGRAAF said:
" Does anyone else think they couldnt have ended the story in a more worse way? "
Not sure what you mean by that...I thought the end was fairly good. But then again I don't like Prime..."

i didnt think they were fans of comics i thought they thought it would just be cute to name their son after superman.

So do you think he is done for good?



@dreadmaster said:
"@Chaos Agent said:
"The true lessonEvery single comic reader is secretly just like Prime"
Yup, we b!tch about how characters are not being used, over-used, badly used, just plain drop this book because there's no significance. That kind of stuff. "

lol sounds basically like what i was doing with this thread
#10 Posted by ~The Wanderer~ (34406 posts) - - Show Bio
@DEGRAAF said:
" i didnt think they were fans of comics i thought they thought it would just be cute to name their son after superman.
So do you think he is done for good? "
I reeeaaally hope so, but I can't tell for sure >_>
#11 Posted by King Saturn (224462 posts) - - Show Bio
Superboy Prime will be back... You Shall See

ha ha
#12 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio

did he die in lo3w?

#13 Posted by ~The Wanderer~ (34406 posts) - - Show Bio
@geraldthesloth said:
" did he die in lo3w? "
Nah, he was depowered and sent back to Earth-Prime.
#14 Posted by danhimself (22632 posts) - - Show Bio
@~The Wanderer~ said:
"@DEGRAAF said:
" Who showed his parents those comics? "
Lori...or, they bought the comics themselves. It's because they're comic fans they named their adoptive son Clark, remember? ;P
@DEGRAAF said:
" Why did he lose his powers? "
Cancelled out by punching his older self.
@DEGRAAF said:
" if he gets his powers back will he be a good guy since he now has his own world to protect? "
Don't really think so...
@DEGRAAF said:
" Why did Earth Prime come back while another multi-verse earth got destroyed? "
Plot reasons.
@DEGRAAF said:
" Does anyone else think they couldnt have ended the story in a more worse way? "
Not sure what you mean by that...I thought the end was fairly good. But then again I don't like Prime..."

They named him Clark after his mother's maiden name - revealed during th Sinestro Corps spotlight on him

he didn't lose his powers - his eyes are seen glowing red at the end of the book

he's already done something bad to Lori and has now enslaved his parents

apparently earth-prime came back as one of the 52 earths
Online
#15 Posted by inferiorego (26875 posts) - - Show Bio

"Will we see Superboy Prime?  Geoff says we'll see him back in Adventure Comics 4 and 5."
Straight from Geoff's mouth

Staff
#16 Edited by Shadowstep (3014 posts) - - Show Bio
@inferiorego said:
" "Will we see Superboy Prime?  Geoff says we'll see him back in Adventure Comics 4 and 5." Straight from Geoff's mouth "

Seriously? Righteous, I wonder if this means he will come back to the DCU just in time to kill all of the people he originally murdered that have been turned into Black Lanterns.
#18 Posted by ~The Wanderer~ (34406 posts) - - Show Bio
@danhimself said:
" They named him Clark after his mother's maiden name - revealed during th Sinestro Corps spotlight on him "
Didn't read that, looks like I got it wrong haha.
@danhimself said:
" he didn't lose his powers - his eyes are seen glowing red at the end of the bookhe's already done something bad to Lori and has now enslaved his parents "
That could be the powers slowly returning to him...I doubt he's already back at full power.
@inferiorego said:
" "Will we see Superboy Prime?  Geoff says we'll see him back in Adventure Comics 4 and 5." Straight from Geoff's mouth "
<insert epic headdesk />
#19 Edited by Shadowstep (3014 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes! More Prime Time and a World of New Krypton: Blackest Night special! Well...I know what I'm getting!

*Writes Adventure Comics and Blackest Night: World of New Krypton down on Pull List and then proceeds to pass out.*

#20 Posted by danhimself (22632 posts) - - Show Bio
@~The Wanderer~ said:
"@danhimself said:
" They named him Clark after his mother's maiden name - revealed during th Sinestro Corps spotlight on him "
Didn't read that, looks like I got it wrong haha.
@danhimself said:
" he didn't lose his powers - his eyes are seen glowing red at the end of the bookhe's already done something bad to Lori and has now enslaved his parents "
That could be the powers slowly returning to him...I doubt he's already back at full power.
@inferiorego said:
" "Will we see Superboy Prime?  Geoff says we'll see him back in Adventure Comics 4 and 5." Straight from Geoff's mouth "
<insert epic headdesk />"

well he obviously has enough of his powers to keep his parents in check
Online
#21 Posted by DEGRAAF (7896 posts) - - Show Bio
@Shadowstep said:
"@inferiorego said:
" "Will we see Superboy Prime?  Geoff says we'll see him back in Adventure Comics 4 and 5." Straight from Geoff's mouth "
Seriously? Righteous, I wonder if this means he will come back to the DCU just in time to kill all of the people he originally murdered that have been turned into Black Lanterns."

yea im excited too, i like prime

@danhimself said:
"@~The Wanderer~ said:
"@DEGRAAF said:
" Who showed his parents those comics? "
Lori...or, they bought the comics themselves. It's because they're comic fans they named their adoptive son Clark, remember? ;P
@DEGRAAF said:
" Why did he lose his powers? "
Cancelled out by punching his older self.
@DEGRAAF said:
" if he gets his powers back will he be a good guy since he now has his own world to protect? "
Don't really think so...
@DEGRAAF said:
" Why did Earth Prime come back while another multi-verse earth got destroyed? "
Plot reasons.
@DEGRAAF said:
" Does anyone else think they couldnt have ended the story in a more worse way? "
Not sure what you mean by that...I thought the end was fairly good. But then again I don't like Prime..."
They named him Clark after his mother's maiden name - revealed during th Sinestro Corps spotlight on himhe didn't lose his powers - his eyes are seen glowing red at the end of the bookhe's already done something bad to Lori and has now enslaved his parentsapparently earth-prime came back as one of the 52 earths "
o i must have missed that in the sinestro tales.

I remember his eyes glowing but i thought that might of been a mistake

I thought lori ran away, and his parents grounded him, they were fine upstairs making him lunch.

I remember them saying that about his earth now, was that during this most recent crisis with darkseid trying to rule the world? Now there is a Legion of Super heroes to his earths future as well?


RIght when you think DC couldnt have gone more wrong with a story....                                They come back and toatlly redeem them selves.

Sorry that is one of the only parts i like from dumb and dumber
#22 Posted by danhimself (22632 posts) - - Show Bio
@DEGRAAF said:
"@Shadowstep said:
"@inferiorego said:
" "Will we see Superboy Prime?  Geoff says we'll see him back in Adventure Comics 4 and 5." Straight from Geoff's mouth "
Seriously? Righteous, I wonder if this means he will come back to the DCU just in time to kill all of the people he originally murdered that have been turned into Black Lanterns."

yea im excited too, i like prime

@danhimself said:
o i must have missed that in the sinestro tales.I remember his eyes glowing but i thought that might of been a mistakeI thought lori ran away, and his parents grounded him, they were fine upstairs making him lunch.I remember them saying that about his earth now, was that during this most recent crisis with darkseid trying to rule the world? Now there is a Legion of Super heroes to his earths future as well?RIght when you think DC couldnt have gone more wrong with a story....                                They come back and toatlly redeem them selves.Sorry that is one of the only parts i like from dumb and dumber"
are you serious? how did you think she ran away and they were fine upstairs making his lunch because he ordered them to, they were obviously scared of him






Online
#23 Posted by DEGRAAF (7896 posts) - - Show Bio

thanks for refreshing my memory. And we dont know what happened to lori or how much of his powers he has, correct?

But we do know there is a legion in his world as well now right?

#24 Posted by ~The Wanderer~ (34406 posts) - - Show Bio
#25 Posted by danhimself (22632 posts) - - Show Bio

no idea what happened to Lori but from what Prime said I'm guessing that he did somethig to her and we don't know how much of his powers he has either...but since it was just revealed that he was going to be showing up in Adventure Comics I'm guessing that they depowered him down to Conner's level

yes there is a Legion in his universe...which I still don't understand...because stop me if I'm wrong isn't Earth Prime supposed to be our world

Online
#26 Posted by Defiant (679 posts) - - Show Bio
@danhimself said:
"no idea what happened to Lori but from what Prime said I'm guessing that he did somethig to her and we don't know how much of his powers he has either...but since it was just revealed that he was going to be showing up in Adventure Comics I'm guessing that they depowered him down to Conner's levelyes there is a Legion in his universe...which I still don't understand...because stop me if I'm wrong isn't Earth Prime supposed to be our world "

yeah i was getting that feeling too...Earth-Prime is our world
#27 Posted by inferiorego (26875 posts) - - Show Bio
@Defiant said:
" @danhimself said:
"no idea what happened to Lori but from what Prime said I'm guessing that he did somethig to her and we don't know how much of his powers he has either...but since it was just revealed that he was going to be showing up in Adventure Comics I'm guessing that they depowered him down to Conner's levelyes there is a Legion in his universe...which I still don't understand...because stop me if I'm wrong isn't Earth Prime supposed to be our world "
yeah i was getting that feeling too...Earth-Prime is our world "
and I'm actually Super-Boy Prime... don't tell anyone, I'm embarrassed.
Staff
#28 Posted by ~The Wanderer~ (34406 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think Legion-Prime was originally intended to be from the Earth-Prime universe, it was probably Geoff Johns's idea...>.>

#29 Posted by DEGRAAF (7896 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself said:

"no idea what happened to Lori but from what Prime said I'm guessing that he did somethig to her and we don't know how much of his powers he has either...but since it was just revealed that he was going to be showing up in Adventure Comics I'm guessing that they depowered him down to Conner's levelyes there is a Legion in his universe...which I still don't understand...because stop me if I'm wrong isn't Earth Prime supposed to be our world "


 

i was thinking the same thing. So really they shouldnt have the legion here altho it does take place in 1000 years so maybe. lol

But technically super boy prime shouldnt exist there either. or he should at least lose his powers.
#30 Posted by Alexander Anderson (4030 posts) - - Show Bio

What a whiny, useless little punk, even in defeat.  "They'll never get rid of me!!!!  I always survive!!!!  WHAAAAAA!!!!!"  Followed closely in sheer stupidity by "MOOOOOM!!!  GIMME MY LUNCH!!!"  At least they finally given that prat a place in life that suits him.  I hope someone perforates him with a nail gun and feeds his corpse to the pigs.

#31 Posted by DEGRAAF (7896 posts) - - Show Bio
@Alexander Anderson said:
"What a whiny, useless little punk, even in defeat.  "They'll never get rid of me!!!!  I always survive!!!!  WHAAAAAA!!!!!"  Followed closely in sheer stupidity by "MOOOOOM!!!  GIMME MY LUNCH!!!"  At least they finally given that prat a place in life that suits him.  I hope someone perforates him with a nail gun and feeds his corpse to the pigs."

lol hahaha very creative
#32 Posted by Alexander Anderson (4030 posts) - - Show Bio

Damn!  All that hating makes a guy thirsty!  Anybody have some Haterade?

#33 Posted by DEGRAAF (7896 posts) - - Show Bio
The only downside is the last few pages showing what happens to Superboy Prime. The number 247 is used repeatedly which long time fans will recognize as significant..

is this significant to anyone, i dont remember seeing these numbers and i dont know the importance of them can someone help please?
#34 Edited by ~The Wanderer~ (34406 posts) - - Show Bio
@DEGRAAF said:
" The only downside is the last few pages showing what happens to Superboy Prime. The number 247 is used repeatedly which long time fans will recognize as significant..
is this significant to anyone, i dont remember seeing these numbers and i dont know the importance of them can someone help please? "
Adventure Comics #247 was the first appearance of the Legion (I think), and I think the post-Zero Hour Legion's home reality was named Earth-247.
#35 Posted by Zniperking (281 posts) - - Show Bio
@Alexander Anderson: now that is what I call for a perfect ending
#36 Posted by DEGRAAF (7896 posts) - - Show Bio
@~The Wanderer~ said:
"@DEGRAAF said:
" The only downside is the last few pages showing what happens to Superboy Prime. The number 247 is used repeatedly which long time fans will recognize as significant..
is this significant to anyone, i dont remember seeing these numbers and i dont know the importance of them can someone help please? "
Adventure Comics #247 was the first appearance of the Legion (I think), and I think the post-Zero Hour Legion's home reality was named Earth-247."

k is that really significant though?

@Zniperking said:
"@Alexander Anderson: now that is what I call for a perfect ending"

seriously?
#37 Posted by ~The Wanderer~ (34406 posts) - - Show Bio
@DEGRAAF said:
" k is that really significant though? "
Dunno :P
#38 Posted by Omg chris (1607 posts) - - Show Bio

wait so prime isnt the only person with powers anymore there's a  legion in his world really?

#39 Posted by ~The Wanderer~ (34406 posts) - - Show Bio

There's a Legion in Earth-Prime's future, yeah...

#40 Posted by Omg chris (1607 posts) - - Show Bio
@~The Wanderer~ said:
" There's a Legion in Earth-Prime's future, yeah... "
ok thanks
#41 Posted by DEGRAAF (7896 posts) - - Show Bio
http://supermanhomepage.com/comics/2009-post-crisis-reviews/c-review-2009.php?topic=legionof3worlds5

k, according to this review (not saying he is right or wrong) superboy-prime has lost his powers is just a regular person like anyone else, I know he had red eyes at the end of the last page type on the comp but that could just depict that he is still evil.

as far as him coming back in other comics, he could still come back with or with out his powers, i will be picking those issues up to find out how they bring him back
#42 Posted by Spectrum (4468 posts) - - Show Bio

I love Superboy Prime, hes my favourite villain, this ending makes me angry.....dam it. Looks like Crisis of three worlds turned out to be heap of "not very good comic"

#43 Posted by xXSilowXx (120 posts) - - Show Bio

Its Prime Time!

#44 Posted by JasonPrime (1 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't care what you idiots say Superboy-Prime saved the Multiverse! During the Crisis he stayed behind and helped deliver the killing blow to the Anti-moniter! As far as his downfall those fucking idiots (titans) attacked with what appeared to be the intent to kill the poor guy the same thing could happen to you if had that kind of power and acidentilly killed someone and were attacked by 500 fruitloops in costumes(some of whom were villians). Think about it he's a teenager. Of course he got emotional when all of earth-1 attacked him!!!! 
You would all cry as well!
#45 Posted by primepower53 (5686 posts) - - Show Bio
@Chaos Agent said:
"The true lessonEvery single comic reader is secretly just like Prime"

I agree
#46 Posted by DEGRAAF (7896 posts) - - Show Bio

well hes back and hes has his powers, the cover of 5 looks like he is gonna die. I really disliked #4.

#47 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio

He's good now and finally has peace.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.